Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Fetish?

Default Another Fetish?

I am learning about Napoleon in European history right now and the way his personality was it sounded as though that his fetish was battle and conquest, as was Hitler, etc. Does this kind of fetish exist? Does anyone here have one? This would actually be kind of a cool one to have.

Your thoughts?

I'm pretty sure Vlad the Impaler got sexual gratification from impaling people.

That's where he got his name, after all.

Vlad the Impaler FTW! I'm pretty sure he had that fettish, it would make sense. That's a pretty productive fettish though, you get shit done

Haha. But then again, it could be a bad thing. I mean, Hitler must've had that fetish, along with the fact that he was evil. So, just because you do in fact get shit done, doesn't necessarily mean it is good shit.

Remember that a fetish is defined as getting sexual gratification from an object, so getting off from killing wouldn't be a fetish. It would probably be considered sadomasochism. Other fetishes would be getting off on an article of clothing like woman's underwear, or shoes, or even a dead body. I'm glad I just like diapers, an object.

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Remember that a fetish is defined as getting sexual gratification from an object, so getting off from killing wouldn't be a fetish. It would probably be considered sadomasochism. Other fetishes would be getting off on an article of clothing like woman's underwear, or shoes, or even a dead body. I'm glad I just like diapers, an object.
    ...and sadomasochism isn't a fetish?

I'd imagine a fetish can be defined as attaining complete gratification or some degree of satisfaction from something that is typically non-sexual, not exclusively an object or body part, albeit those instances being the overwhelming case.

Fetish - An irrational, or abnormal, fixation or preoccupation.

Mako

I always thought that hitler seemed the type to be into fishnets and black satin panties. Seemed like a guy who enjoyed getting a good spanking and being called a naughty boy.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Remember that a fetish is defined as getting sexual gratification from an object, so getting off from killing wouldn't be a fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by adaffme149 View Post
    Haha. But then again, it could be a bad thing. I mean, Hitler must've had that fetish, along with the fact that he was evil. So, just because you do in fact get shit done, doesn't necessarily mean it is good shit.
    Godwinned. Hitler was a megalomaniac, among other things. There is, however, a reasonable degree of consensus that Hitler was enabled by a variety of systemic and structural factors, and by his historic context. Since megalomania isn't a fetish, he didn't have that particular fetish. His psychological motives aren't actually that interesting. The pertinent question (and one people have been grappling with for over sixty years) is Why did so many people go along with what he did?

Napoleon acted on rather different impulses, and his style of government was radically different, although both Hitler and Napoleon were megalomaniacs riding nationalist waves, and both made the foolish decision to invade Russia in winter.