Any good books to learn about ABDL lifestyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayB8

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hey guys, I was reading some posts yesterday and came across people talking about the book "there is a baby in my bed" by Rosalie bent, but from what I've read, people think its biased or they don't think it's that good. Is it worth reading and or is there any other good books that help people understand living with ABDL?

I think it is a great book, but yes, some people don't like it for a number of reasons. Here are some of the ones I am aware of.

1. Misrepresentation of the transgender community. Basically referring to them incorrectly.
2. A little bit matter of fact style. Kind of true, but the author is pretty up front about saying that some statements will not always apply to your adult baby.
3. It reflects the life style of a very integrated adult baby, some less heavy into the lifestyle may feel like it is a bit much for a non-initiated partner to read.

Personally, I feel like some of the points on the mentality of this lifestyle is what is really important, she reflects amazingly on the way my brain works when it comes to being an Adult Baby, but that might not be true for every AB. I think it is worth spending the money to find out for yourself if you agree with her or not.

I actually have the book and read it. It is a good book. Keep in mind she wrote it from her experience so she talks about her husband who is a sissy. But there are a lot of good things to glean from the book. It really helped me understand my AB side a lot more. It is worth the read for sure. Instead of getting stuck on the fact that she uses a sissy as an example just think about it as if it were your prefered gender.

Yes her baby live the life pretty much 24/7 but that is something to over look. For me I mainly wanted to read it to help learn and understand more about my little side. And it was very helpful at that. I am not a huge fan of the author as a person. She has been quite rude to a friend of mine. However the book is good. You will learn a lot from it.

I have another book that I was given I have not finished reading it yet but so far it is good. I think it is called the adult baby hand book or something like that. It is by Brian Birch and you can get it on amazon for pretty cheap. It is a book written by the person who himself is AB.

I I have a sample of Brian burch's adult baby guidebook. Seems good too. I also bought ms bent's book too

I've read "There's a Baby In My Bed" and I enjoyed it. Like others, I agreed with much of it and either disagreed with parts or it simply didn't apply to me. I found the first half helpful in that it helped me to accept myself a little bit more. The second half was more geared to sissies who enjoy cross dressing so I didn't especially identify though it was interesting.

I looked up Brian burch's book. That. Seemed like it might be better for me than the other one.. I'm looking for something to help me and my Girlfriend understand ABDL better and how to handle certain situations.. By the description of the book that seemed like a good book, you guys agree?

Or What about Rosalie's other book, Adult Babies: Psychology and practices? It says its geared more toward adult babies, But does it give good info about it in general?

Ive pretty much decided to get on of those two: The Adult Baby Guidebook or Adult Baby: Psychology and Practices

what do you think would be better?

Last edited:
From what I read, Burch's book is mostly concerned with self-acceptance and identity, and kind of reads like a self-help book fused with his own personal story. Personally, I skipped a lot of the autobio bits, and what's left is kind of 'well, duh!' in terms of telling you to be who you are instead of who society tells you to be. It's okay, but like I said, sort of feels like he's telling his story for his sake and not the readers'.

'There's a Baby in my Bed!', as you would probably guess, is written for an outsider looking in. Also, her views on classification and motivation of AB behaviors differ pretty significantly from my own (and, I imagine, most others here). Her book is targeted to what she calls 'little ones', people for whom regression is a psychological necessity, and for whom sexuality plays a minor or non-existent role. It divides ABs into those that 'have to' and those that 'want to' rather sharply, and leaves the latter largely unexplored.

I, myself, sort of enjoyed these other books more... they're about 'how' than 'why'. In other words, once you've decided that AB/DL is a part of your life and anyone who doesn't like it can take a hike, these would probably be of more practical use.

'The Age Play and Diaper Fetish Handbook' by Penny Barber (aka PamperedPenny) - A pretty good primer for the AB/DL scene overall, has a lot of information on practices and resources and is more specifically tailored to ABDL than to ageplay in general.

'Ageplay: from Diapers to Diplomas' by Paul Rulof - Also pretty good, has a lot more information on things like LB/LG and other non-ABDL bottom roles. Deals a lot with the semantics of roleplay and how to develop, achieve, sustain, and leave little space safely.

'The Toybag Guide to Age Play' by Lee Harrington - Another more general ageplay book, it's pretty short, and I get the feeling that the author isn't specifically in to ageplay as opposed to kinks in general, it discusses other fetishes a fair bit, such as leather, latex, etc. Still a decent resource.

Reactions: flickpuppy and Trevor
winnerchickendinner said:
From what I read, Burch's book is mostly concerned with self-acceptance and identity, and kind of reads like a self-help book fused with his own personal story. Personally, I skipped a lot of the autobio bits, and what's left is kind of 'well, duh!' in terms of telling you to be who you are instead of who society tells you to be. It's okay, but like I said, sort of feels like he's telling his story for his sake and not the readers'.

'There's a Baby in my Bed!', as you would probably guess, is written for an outsider looking in. Also, her views on classification and motivation of AB behaviors differ pretty significantly from my own (and, I imagine, most others here). Her book is targeted to what she calls 'little ones', people for whom regression is a psychological necessity, and for whom sexuality plays a minor or non-existent role. It divides ABs into those that 'have to' and those that 'want to' rather sharply, and leaves the latter largely unexplored.

I, myself, sort of enjoyed these other books more... they're about 'how' than 'why'. In other words, once you've decided that AB/DL is a part of your life and anyone who doesn't like it can take a hike, these would probably be of more practical use.

'The Age Play and Diaper Fetish Handbook' by Penny Barber (aka PamperedPenny) - A pretty good primer for the AB/DL scene overall, has a lot of information on practices and resources and is more specifically tailored to ABDL than to ageplay in general.

'Ageplay: from Diapers to Diplomas' by Paul Rulof - Also pretty good, has a lot more information on things like LB/LG and other non-ABDL bottom roles. Deals a lot with the semantics of roleplay and how to develop, achieve, sustain, and leave little space safely.

'The Toybag Guide to Age Play' by Lee Harrington - Another more general ageplay book, it's pretty short, and I get the feeling that the author isn't specifically in to ageplay as opposed to kinks in general, it discusses other fetishes a fair bit, such as leather, latex, etc. Still a decent resource.
Sounds like a good set of resources
*clicks like*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back