Thread: Two bed wetting brothers, one diapered, one not?

Default Two bed wetting brothers, one diapered, one not?

I have been a member of this community for many years, but have not seen a bed wetting story similar to my own.

My brother and I were both bed wetters. I am 3 years older than my brother, and bed wet until I was 11. My brother wet the bed until he was 7. Though we were siblings, our bed wetting was handled very differently. While I had a plastic sheet on my mattress, had to do laundry, and slept in a wet bed, my brother was put in diapers every night at bed time.

I believe this difference between us was largely responsible for me becoming a DL. I first stole a diaper from my brother around the time I realized he was wearing them for bed wetting only. I liked the soft, warm, wrapped feeling that Huggies diaper gave me. After that, I watched how my Mom lovingly put a diaper on my brother every night, while I went to bed and feared waking up wet and being kept awake the rest of the night. After a while, I stole a diaper at night and wore it, but could not fall asleep while wearing it. I returned it to the pack, folded as close to as it would have been fresh from the pack. Soon after, I was caught stealing another diaper by my parents. I was spanked and grounded (I was about 6).

After that, I tried to steal diapers from my brother before bedtime on numerous occasions, but was always caught and punished. My parents were less harsh than they were the first time, perhaps understanding I wanted to stay dry too (which I told them was the reason for taking the diapers). However, I was always told I was "not a baby" or "too old." These excuses became more aggravating when my brother turned 7 and was older than when I stole the first diaper. I never did wear and wet a diaper while I bed wet. However, I did manage to steal a few diapers on the very rare occasions I woke up in the dead of night, but never could fall asleep wearing them for fear of being caught.

Has anyone else here had a similar experience? I have always felt resentment toward my parents for the differential treatment of my brother and I in several ways, but I have never read of such differences going as far as sibling's protection for bed wetting.

Whenever I have brought this part of my history up with other ABDL's on forums, this part of my story has always been met with incredulity. I ask that respondents please take the high road. I hate and resent this part of my past.

CP

I was never a bed wetter, but I can certainly understand that it could run in the family, an inherited small or weak bladder. It's not hard for me to believe it at all. I'm sorry that you didn't get to wear diapers because I'm sure waking up in wet sheets was miserable.

Parents have a tendency to treat their kids differently as they gain experience with each addition to the family. If their first toddler swallows a dime they rush off to the emergency room in a big panic. If it happens again with a second sibling they simply keep an eye on the child but assume the dime will pass through harmlessly. If it happens again with a third child they will say "That's coming out of your allowance, buster!"

The same is true with expectations, where the parents are more demanding of older siblings. You were a victim of age discrimination, not so much because of your actual age but more because of your relative age. No doubt your parents did not want either of you to be in diapers for an extended time, but they put more pressure on you to be a role model because you were the older one. It was unfair to you that they were so insensitive to your needs, but it is kind of typical, parental behavior. Try to cut them a little slack for their ignorance, if not for their sake then for yours. Harboring resentment won't benefit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    Parents have a tendency to treat their kids differently as they gain experience with each addition to the family. If their first toddler swallows a dime they rush off to the emergency room in a big panic. If it happens again with a second sibling they simply keep an eye on the child but assume the dime will pass through harmlessly. If it happens again with a third child they will say "That's coming out of your allowance, buster!"

The same is true with expectations, where the parents are more demanding of older siblings. You were a victim of age discrimination, not so much because of your actual age but more because of your relative age. No doubt your parents did not want either of you to be in diapers for an extended time, but they put more pressure on you to be a role model because you were the older one. It was unfair to you that they were so insensitive to your needs, but it is kind of typical, parental behavior. Try to cut them a little slack for their ignorance, if not for their sake then for yours. Harboring resentment won't benefit you.
    Yep. Stereotyping, but it is amazing how often the oldest-middle-youngest characteristics hold true.

I was the older bed wetting brother. I wet until past my 11th birthday, but my brother who is 3 years younger never wet the bed, with only one or two exceptions.

I wore either thick terry cloth training pants and plastic panties during the week, or on the weekends an actual disposable nappy. This was because we were allowed to stay up late and I'd be more tired and prone to not waking up at all.

But I was never treated badly by my folks or little brother, and wore either openly around them. During summer I wouldn't even bother with my pyjama pants, and would just have my trainers on before bed. (I'd leave the plastics off until the last moment.)

If I had a nappy on, even if it was wet, I'd comfortably walk around in it in the morning before I had a shower. My night wetting was always treated as it should be. Something that just happened that I had no control over. Of course my brother would occasionally tease me about it when we argued or fought, but never in front of others, and my parents would quickly scold him if they overheard him give me a hard time about it.

So I was lucky I guess.