What Just Happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayB8

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So I finally received my bambino from UPS today. It is the first time that I have gotten Tabbed diapers and I'm pretty excited. I have been wearing Depends for the last week or so. I worn depends this morning until UPS came then I changed right into my new Bambino. I wet my depends diaper once before this morning, but hadn't since. Every once and a while I would feel like I was about to wet again but it subsided.

I put my Bambino on and went about my business, Playing Counter Strike to be exact. Mid game, I don't know it just hit me. There was nothing I could do I felt helpless. I started to wet my new diaper. This was the first time that I wet a diaper without having to think about it. Really I had no intention of it. It was so sudden I was sitting in my girlfriends computer chair. I don't sit in it f I'm indenting to wet incase it leaks. I usual get a wooden char that would be easy to clean.

When It started to flow it felt SO good. Like one of the best things I have ever felt. made me smile a big grin :eek: I wet so much I wasn't sure if would all hold so I had to get out of the chair in case. Sorry Counter Strike team for losing us that round... it was totally worth it!

You succeeded at diaper training. Basically you trained yourself to be in a relaxed state when in diapers, so it just comes out without having to really think about it.

NovaDL said:
You succeeded at diaper training. Basically you trained yourself to be in a relaxed state when in diapers, so it just comes out without having to really think about it.

I hope this happens more often! :) Usually I have to think about it.

We should call this the 'Bambino Effect'. Works for me every time.

Welcome to the big leagues!

plasticsounds said:
We should call this the 'Bambino Effect'. Works for me every time.

Welcome to the big leagues!

It just happened again lol.. not as much but still

I don't know, but it looks like your body knows that you are wearing a diaper. In case of pull ups, when you put them on, it's like putting underwear on, so your body thinks it's not ok to wet them, but tape diapers require another procedure to put them on, take more time, so I believe the body thinks that now it's ok to wet them.

I guess I must be different. I wear the Bellissimos, but mostly to help keep my skin dry and from developing problems. When I have access to a restroom, I use it! I really don't like being out, and not having a choice but to use the tool for its given purpose. I have a nervous system that's so messed up, I tried a regular cloth toddler prefold in a standard brief. Unfortunately, I didn't last long because the discomfort was so bad. I really wish I did not have my condition at all. But then again, I guess I don't get to choose my biological makeup and the type of nervous system I have.

You know, I guess I'm lucky. Because those who actually enjoy the Bambinos, are the ultimate testers. They can give a true evaluation of a product that most people would absolutely abhor, and the results are quite accurate. The final design really benefits people who are in my unfortunate situation; those who are developmentally disabled with a nervous system that is essentially shot, and lacks any affect at all. What Bambino has, works. And they work better than other products I've seen. I will get my doctor to specify the Bellissimos, or similar products, when we start working with Medicaid in earnest. I am also hoping that my practitioner can write an effective letter to my employer, explaining the need for the diapers, and the need to use one of the assisted care lockers instead of the public restrooms in the building I spend most of my time working in.

Wish me luck.

Honeywell6180 said:
You know, I guess I'm lucky. Because those who actually enjoy the Bambinos, are the ultimate testers. They can give a true evaluation of a product that most people would absolutely abhor, and the results are quite accurate. The final design really benefits people who are in my unfortunate situation; those who are developmentally disabled with a nervous system that is essentially shot, and lacks any affect at all. What Bambino has, works. And they work better than other products I've seen. I will get my doctor to specify the Bellissimos, or similar products, when we start working with Medicaid in earnest. I am also hoping that my practitioner can write an effective letter to my employer, explaining the need for the diapers, and the need to use one of the assisted care lockers instead of the public restrooms in the building I spend most of my time working in.

There are actually plenty of IC people providing good reviews of nappies in use. The problem is that most adult nappy manufacturers don't pay all that much attention, since 90% of the time, the end user isn't the one paying for them - medical organisations or insurers are, and they are driven by cost more than anything, which is arguably why former "Rolls Royce" nappies like Abena have declined in quality as material prices have risen - they're trying to maintain the same price point, so have to compromise the design. AB/DL nappies are different in that the end user IS the one paying for them, so the manufacturers pay much more attention to our feedback. We're also not quite as sensitive to price as a commercial organisation.

Good luck trying to get an insurer/ Medicaid to pay for Bambino's, you will probably get more traction in trying something like the Wellness brief,either way you have an uphill battle,why you essentially need to prove to them is with less diapers and less expense you can manage your care better. The most decent diaper currently covered by insurance/ Medicaid ( two states still will cover ATN's) nothing beyond those are covered, even cloth diapers are covered so poorly that it's a joke( in my state cloth diapers are a covered expense however they only are allowed 2 per month and the maximum payment/ reimbursement is 23 cents per diaper, even if you could buy some cheap Chinese ones of eBay they cost a he'll of a lot more and eBay is not a medical provider so they would not be covered, the exception to this is Angelfluff diapers are covered almost entirely (including plastic pants and onesies so long as they are solid color and have no prints)by the Veterans administration Angelfluff even has all the necessary VA paperwork available on their website, if you can't tell I'm the defacto expert for diaper coverage in my state as I studied this stuff in depth to fight for my own coverage which resulted in me ultimately using $10,000 to purchase cloth, although in my state if you are physically disabled and have a PCA through a center for independent living you can access a $20,000 grant to modify your home to make it more accesible or use for any specialized medical equipment that is not covered by CMS. ( depending on your state you may have that available to you as well). It does take study and effort to find and use these benefits but they can be utilized to improve your life.

Peace

I've never had to order products through insurance, I was just assuming they'd deal with it just like they do a doctor visit. Dentist fills a cavity, charges $150. Your insurance will pay up to $125, so you end up covering the remaining $25. But judging from some of the comments I've read, it looks more like "we'll do these brands only, but cover them 100%, anything else you're completely on your own"?

Yep that's about it you can have prevail,depend,wings,first quality this and that and that completely covered , 2 states( that I know of) will still give ATN'S ( considered the Cadillac of insurance provided diapers as long as you can find a place that will provide them,Activity level used to but switched to their own crappie brand,I now have my ATN'S shipped from a medical supply company in South Carolina, there are a million brick and mortars between them and I, the problem is everyone has an exclusive agreement to sell two other junk diaper brands,I am a 7 minute drive in either direction from two medical supply companies who absolutely will not even special order them for me, and one of those companies I get my wheelchairs from ($35,000 a piece 2 of them in the last 6 years) and my bed as well as my recliners that will also stand me up) adult diapers are a huge business and companies negotiate exclusive "deals" with supply companies ( as in insurance pays X amount for diapers, the cheaper you can buy them from the maker means more of that money is yours to keep,so they make exclusive deals to only sell 2 different diapers and those diapers are whatever they can get the best deals on,and will change without notice if they find a better deal) PA will pay $400 a month for diapers,whatever they can supply and keep in their pocket because of their exclusive "deal" is the diaper you are stuck with, it really pays to shop around the companies to find the best diaper you can get.) Anybody who wants my ATN supplier feel free to PM me.

Peace

I have strait Medicaid, and it's really only good for regular doctor visits and useless prescriptions. They won't even cover the diapers I need, which have to be the most thick and absorbent I can get. And if I can't find a disposable that works, then I have to wear the cloth prefolds with pins and plastic pants. I am glad the Bellissimos and Dry 24/7's are on the market. Because without those, I would not have any other choice but to forego disposables and wear cloth.

BayB8 said:
When It started to flow it felt SO good. Like one of the best things I have ever felt. made me smile a big grin :eek: I wet so much I wasn't sure if would all hold so I had to get out of the chair in case. Sorry Counter Strike team for losing us that round... it was totally worth it!

One of the best feelings when wearing a diaper is feeling that liquid trickle down right before it hits the padding. With higher end diapers like Bambinos, you have that security of doing that and knowing it won't leak. It gives you that feeling of being free and being able to let go and just release that tension.

Glad you had a good experience :3

I think a lot of what 90sNickKid and BayB8 are describing could actually be linked to the autism spectrum. Although the pressure of the diaper helps, I wear them to keep my skin dry and me physically comfortable. I'm thinking that when people express "pleasure" like on this thread, much of that would be how the brain processes certain tactile stimuli. In those cases, I would likely seek out the advice of a doctor to see if there might be a need for a prescription. There are tests that can help determine whether or not someone may have a developmental disability, which would make the diapers a legitimate need if they help decrease some of the symptoms.

I have a little brother who I adopted who is on the "spectrum" and when I gave him a lead weighted blanket for Christmas last year he thought he died and went to heaven, for the right person a diaper is similarly received as joyfull, however getting most adults to admit they have heart disease and take there medication is an "act of congress", so scaling up the talking to medical providers about something so basic,yet so personal and hidden so well, I just don't see it, also getting the insurance industry to accommodate such need would similarly be that "act of congress".

Just my 2 cents feel free to provide change (lol)

Tetra said:
I have a little brother who I adopted who is on the "spectrum" and when I gave him a lead weighted blanket for Christmas last year he thought he died and went to heaven, for the right person a diaper is similarly received as joyfull, however getting most adults to admit they have heart disease and take there medication is an "act of congress", so scaling up the talking to medical providers about something so basic,yet so personal and hidden so well, I just don't see it, also getting the insurance industry to accommodate such need would similarly be that "act of congress".

Just my 2 cents feel free to provide change (lol)

You have shown a keen eye here, Tetra. I don't consider it a joyful thing to get diapers when I have to spend my own money. However, it would definitely be nice if Medicaid would provide for my needs, instead of my having to spend $300.00 per month on supplies. People are fools and idiots when they think that a thin Attends "breathable brief" is good enough, when it is most definitely NOT. It really frustrated me, when I had my doctor send a note to Medicaid, and they would not cover the cost due to a "behavioral" issue. This is has nothing to do with behavior. It has everything to do with NERVES, and the need to relieve discomfort and symptoms!

I definitely gave you an "UP" vote, because you can see my points here, when everybody else wants to talk about "feel" and "pleasure". Your two cents was accepted, by the way. Sorry If I don't have any nickles or dimes in my pocket. All that went to XP Medical when I had to put in my order for the Dry 24/7's. :sad:

Honeywell6180 said:
There are tests that can help determine whether or not someone may have a developmental disability, which would make the diapers a legitimate need if they help decrease some of the symptoms.
What are the tests? I've always felt that diapers make me feel "normal"

babybobby said:
What are the tests? I've always felt that diapers make me feel "normal"

You would want to inquire with people you've known since childhood, first. They can note any differences between you, and most normal people they know. If they don't pick up on anything, then it's likely a minor sensory processing disorder which is manageable on occasion. But if your long-time friends and elders do consider you as slightly "different", then you could ask a psychologist if you may have a mild form of autism. You would undergo some tests, to determine where you are at on a developmental level. Some parts of it would inquire about social functioning, others would cover processing speed, memory, cognition, and other items.

Anyway, to simplify all this: First, get a history that includes social functioning, aptitude, academics, and so forth. Then, get an evaluation done to see if a developmental delay exists. Because the "desire" to wear diapers has a lot to do with the need for pressure and tactile feedback. Normal people have no need of this. But many of us who are on the autism spectrum, do. Much of this is why I believe that most ABDL's are either on the autism spectrum, or are somehow linked to it. And if their needs are accommodated, they can live a reasonably normal life with the understanding of friends, relatives, and others in the extended support network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back