Thread: Sucking Fingers

Default Sucking Fingers

If either of my hands is idle for a long time, I tend to start sucking on one of the fingers of said hand (except my thumbs, ironically). It's a normal habit for me, but does anyone else do this? And if so, is it normal for you or is it connected to being AB/DL?

I've done it, it seems I mostly do it randomly much like scratching my face, etc. I don't seem to have any ABDL connection with it but just start biting my nail, under my nail and around my fingers while doing little licks or sucks every now and then, it just seems like my bodies way of making sure I get enough bacteria for a healthy immune system!

I'm a thumb (and pacifier) sucker but I've used my fingers instead once in a blue moon. Never fell asleep sucking them though.

As a baby, I sucked my right index finger (I have the old photos to prove this). I have always put things in my mouth and sucked as well as chewed them. In school it was pencils and later pens. As an adult I have ruined many a mechanical pencil since my saliva seeps down through the mechanism and rusts it out. I also suck and chew my finger tips and bite my nails, but only the right index finger, right pinky, and my left pinky. I have chewed my fingers until they bleed though that is rare.

I do not believe this behavior is an expression of my AB side, but I do believe the same emotional needs contribute to both behaviors. When in AB mode, I do enjoy sucking my thumb, but find the angle I have to have my arm and elbow at uncomfortable after a while. A good silicone adult pacifier is on my wish list.

I don't suck my fingers, just my thumbs. On the other hand, my niece did suck her fingers when she was a toddler. As far as I know, she doesn't do it anymore.

Like BabyBike1, I chewed a number of pencils and pens during school. I particularly liked the pen caps on the cheap BIC pens.

The only time I suck my fingers is when I'm handling delicious food. Like that hot & spicy chicken I had last night.

Quote Originally Posted by HypocriticalHit View Post
    It's a normal habit for me, but does anyone else do this? And if so, is it normal for you or is it connected to being AB/DL?
    I just recently stated into the ABDL, well kind of I always wanted to wear diapers but never understood it until now. I have sucked my thumb since I was born, Never stopped. This is a question I just recently asked myself and am trying to find out. Is sucking my thumb connected to my ABDL side that I just didn't know about/understand? or is it just something that I never gave up and now that I'm abdl I don't want to give up?

I started a blog yesterday about "Finding Myself in the ABDL lifestyle" because I was having trouble deciphering where it is that I fall in the AB or DL or both. I have a post about Thumb sucking too. Feel Free to check it out.

https://www.adisc.org/forum/entry.ph...umb-Adult-Baby

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDenise View Post
    I don't suck my fingers, just my thumbs. On the other hand, my niece did suck her fingers when she was a toddler. As far as I know, she doesn't do it anymore.

Like BabyBike1, I chewed a number of pencils and pens during school. I particularly liked the pen caps on the cheap BIC pens.
    Oh yeah, I would chew those BIC pen caps untile they looked like a shriveled up prune!

Dis baby girl perfers MY binkies or paci's,but if it falls out of my baby mouth,then my thumb does find it ways to my mouth.I prefer my thumb over other fingers!!!

I've always been something of a nail biter, but I have found that my fingers will find their way a little deeper into my mouth when in little mode.