Strange unexplainable occurances

Status
Not open for further replies.
silentdreamer1996 said:
How about psychic dreams? I have had three of them that have come true.

- dream 1: Grandfather's death
In the dream I was standing over his bed, he looked weaker than before. He asked me to come closer so that he may convey a message. He utters the words "I'm worried". On the clock nearby, it reads 2:27 a.m.

In reality at 2:24 a.m. my parents found me walking up and down the hallway of our house with my eyes open, facing forward. When asked what was wrong, I was told I replied by saying "I'm worried". We got a call shortly after at 2:29 a.m. that my grandfather had passed away. He was not expected to pass away for another two months.

Well, I feel I can debunk this for the fact that clocks do not work in dreams. Actually numbers in general don't tend to work and don't make sense. You can sometimes have letters, multiple numbers that don't belong, and numbers that are just plain wrong. Of course, let's just assume that in the off chance in your dream, not only did you actually remember the numbers on the clock but they where correct, which usually never happens in dream.

Ok ... so now we have to figure out whether or not the dream actually ever happened or if you even remember it correctly. How do we do that? *Takes a deep breath and then sighs* The answer is we can't .. and neither can you. Obviously you are going to believe what you witnessed, as they all do. But that doesn't mean it actually happened. I have already explained many times through out this thread how peoples memories and accounts of things are not reliable. They are not because, you can remember things that never happened or differently than they occurred.

Something else I need to point out, it's even possible some of these dreams did occur, but you found a connection with the dream to reality that actually doesn't exist. I can go through all my past dreams and find meaning out of them and probably even connect it with a certain event that happened to me in real life. That doesn't mean I am psychic, that means I am finding hidden meaning in things that are not there. Again people do that kind of thing a lot too. In fact humans are well known for trying to find hidden meaning in things.

Jesus on a piece of toast as an example.

Oneirology, check it out.

Also, prior to these dream occurrences, I had been delving into these 'deja vu' dreams. As I see it, my mind while I dream acts as a sort of event calculator, mapping out the possible scenarios to some degree, using previously obtained knowledge. You can go on blabbering that "science shows this and that" while in reality, scientific 'facts' are only true up till the occurrence when they are proven other wise. Not everyone's mind ticks in the same way.

Also, as for the clock, I had one of the digital clocks in front of my eyes. It is set five minutes ahead so I will get ready early. As for my mind registering the image, bright red symbols in a pitch black room tend to leave their imprint.

- - - Updated - - -

Side note:
If need be I could get my psychology teacher in on this matter, seeing as she works at a sleep lab.

silentdreamer1996 said:
Oneirology, check it out.

Also, prior to these dream occurrences, I had been delving into these 'deja vu' dreams. As I see it, my mind while I dream acts as a sort of event calculator, mapping out the possible scenarios to some degree, using previously obtained knowledge. You can go on blabbering that "science shows this and that" while in reality, scientific 'facts' are only true up till the occurrence when they are proven other wise. Not everyone's mind ticks in the same way.

Also, as for the clock, I had one of the digital clocks in front of my eyes. It is set five minutes ahead so I will get ready early. As for my mind registering the image, bright red symbols in a pitch black room tend to leave their imprint.

- - - Updated - - -

Side note:
If need be I could get my psychology teacher in on this matter, seeing as she works at a sleep lab.

The way you explain it is not being psychic, it's called being perceptive. You notice things that others may not have, and make connections. That doesn't require dreams, nor psychic ability.

As for your teacher, it depends on that teachers background. Working at a sleep lab .. doesn't really tell me much. If she believes in psychic abilities ... that already discounts her. Now if she believes they are not psychic but have a scientific explanation, then I am certainly willing to listen.

I see what you mean with the perception bit

Also, as for my teacher, she uses the old scientific explanation that dreams were used as a way to practice and prepare ourselves for various scenarios we may face. A self defense measure of sorts.

silentdreamer1996 said:
I see what you mean with the perception bit

Also, as for my teacher, she uses the old scientific explanation that dreams were used as a way to practice and prepare ourselves for various scenarios we may face. A self defense measure of sorts.

Ah ... I forgot about that explanation. It's actually a pretty good one.

brabbit1987 said:
Jesus on a piece of toast as an example.

I've always loved the Jesus on toast thing... I mean, if God really wants us to becomes more faithful, then why is he communicating this desire to us via toast?

DarrenAintGradually said:
I've always loved the Jesus on toast thing... I mean, if God really wants us to becomes more faithful, then why is he communicating this desire to us via toast?

Ya ... it can get pretty silly at times. They will sometimes even point out when there are crosses in things as if a form of a cross is something complicated that couldn't appear in random places.

O.O Like omg .. it's a cross! Look how perfectly shaped it is! (It's actually all crooked and crap). This must be a sign!

Funny thing is there are toasters that toast a image of jesus onto the toast. It is so good that it is sinfully delicious.

silentdreamer1996 said:
How about psychic dreams? I have had three of them that have come true.

- dream 1: Grandfather's death
In the dream I was standing over his bed, he looked weaker than before. He asked me to come closer so that he may convey a message. He utters the words "I'm worried". On the clock nearby, it reads 2:27 a.m.

In reality at 2:24 a.m. my parents found me walking up and down the hallway of our house with my eyes open, facing forward. When asked what was wrong, I was told I replied by saying "I'm worried". We got a call shortly after at 2:29 a.m. that my grandfather had passed away. He was not expected to pass away for another two months.

- dream 2: best friend's father's death: My best friend's father passed away back in 2011
In the dream I see a graveyard, it is the graveyard near my house. Before me lies a gravestone. I hear what sounds like a heart pumping, picking up speed as it goes. As I walk closer to the headstone I hear the grandfather clock from my friend's house chime 12 o'clock midnight and hear a raspy voice call out my friend's family's last name, as the heart beat stops abruptly. It is now clear out and I see my friend's father's name on the gravestone.

In reality: the night I had that dream, my friend's father passed away from a tragic heart attack. He had no known prior heart issues. This caused his siblings who were left out of his will to accuse his wife of poisoning him, even though she never would do such a thing, so that they, the siblings, could get his fortune. His son, my friend, had been up late that night playing Halo Reach with me and after I logged off, he told me the next day he heard his dad tossing and turning in his bed around midnight, to which he thought his dad was having a nightmare.

Dream 3: the knife and the close call:
(Dream took place one week prior)
In the dream, I was standing at an intersection, the rest of my class a couple yards behind me. As the light turns green, letting the cars ahead of me go, I see a knife come flying at me. It is mere second away, I feel pressure on my left side of my body, and the dream ends.

Reality: In the summer of 2011, I took a summer school gym class as to get out of having to take it during the school year. For each of the three weeks, we had to go to the nearby lake and run around it (1.84 miles). After the second trip there, we walked back early. Now as for me, I had some reserve energy left behind so I had kept a somewhat fast pace ahead of the rest of my class. I got to an intersection, and I felt something was off about it. Next thing I know, a man in a brown pick up, rolls down his window and chucks a knife at me. It bounces off the curb breaking the handle, allowing he other blades to become free and heads right at me. Before it hits me, I feel what I can only explain as a shove on my left side and I stumbled. From what my gym teacher witnessed, he said it passed a mere two inches from my left arm. I was almost in shock about this. When we returned to the school, we reported it in to the school and then the cops. The lunatic who chucked that knife had apparently assaulted someone early with it and was on the run.

I don't wish to be touching on such sensitive issues like the death of a relative, but you do realise that this is in no way proof of "psychic dreams" at all? These are just some descriptions of what you imagine them to be. If what you posted here is legitimate proof of "psychic dreams", then JK Rowing's Harry Potter books is proof of real wizards.

Consider the context of your 'proof' - it is an internet forum post. How on earth is that substantial evidence for anything? If I were to post something along the lines of "I can run faster than light and the proof of this is the fact that I'm telling you so" it would be idiotic to see it as factual. It would be idiotic to see it as anything but a post from someone who is oddly hyperbolic in their description of their own athletic ability.

I guess what I'm saying is, your proof is totally unconvincing due to it's unreliable source.

If I was lying, I wouldn't have gone through all the trouble I've experienced. Those dreams concerning their deaths tormented me for the following months driving me into a deep depression that almost required me to be committed to a psych ward. How would you feel if you knew that if only you had woken up earlier, you could've possibly saved your best friend's father, sparing his mother the stress from the death and being accused of killing her husband, while she was still suffering from her chemotherapy? They were a second family to me dude. I don't joke when it comes to them. If you still don't believe me, then shame on you. Those dreams are forever burned into my memory, no matter what I do.

I don't think the point of the thread was to make believers out of non believers, but rather, just to share experiences. You don't have to believe what people have shared. At the same time, no one here likes being called a liar. I simply shared my experience, and that's all.

dogboy said:
I don't think the point of the thread was to make believers out of non believers, but rather, just to share experiences. You don't have to believe what people have shared. At the same time, no one here likes being called a liar. I simply shared my experience, and that's all.

No one did call anyone a liar, just wanted to point that out. In fact, I have been pretty articulate on the fact that most people are unaware that their memories are not accurate. So what they remember is of course what they are going to believe. Which means they are not lying as they actually believe what they saw or witnessed. Still doesn't mean it happened though. You can't know that unless there is some kind of proof.

With that said, I have personally experienced what some might consider strange unexplainable occurrences.

There was this specific street corner I always used to go to and walk across the street. One day ... I decided I was going to stand on the opposite side. Never had before. As I am standing there ... a car crash happens where I would have been standing.

Lucky! xD But of course .. I don't assume it's anything really supernatural or that kind of thing. It was just a coincidence.

There where times when I was worried about something, where I get the feeling ... I might be in trouble. Then when I get home .. I may have been actually in trouble with my parents. But the reality is .. it wasn't psychic, it was just I had prior knowledge that I had done something wrong and the possibility of getting caught is there. Give it enough days and of course you will eventually be caught.

I also went to see my Dad in the hospital, and knew he was going to pass before the week was up. No one told me. I could just tell.

As I was talking to silentdreamer .. I explained how ... it's perception. Not psychic abilities. You can actually pass by someone and based on their facial expressions, how they walk, what they are doing or have done, what they are wearing, their smell .. etc ... you can actually think about something about that person and be right. You don't know the person .. but you can learn a whole heck of a lot just by being perceptive.

In fact ... I have a tendency to figure out who is transgender simply by talking with them. Not with everyone ... but it does happen enough.

ok

firstly, i made a comment in another forum post, about dreams, and you shot me down, stating that i shouldn't be telling people stuff so matter of factly, so please stop doing it here. There is no evidence to back up that dreams are what you say they are.. only your word on that..

The title of this thread is Strange Occurances, Notice the strange, it doesnt say anything about truth, just what we have experienced.

if you dont have anything possitive to say please stop posting in threads, trying to debunk other peoples beliefs, I dont post in threads about god, or jesus, because i dont believe in it, and it would be wrong.. you are entitled to your opinion.. we are entitled to ours..

Thanks
BabyLea

babylea said:
ok

firstly, i made a comment in another forum post, about dreams, and you shot me down, stating that i shouldn't be telling people stuff so matter of factly, so please stop doing it here. There is no evidence to back up that dreams are what you say they are.. only your word on that..

I did not shoot you down. I merely mentioned you shouldn't state it as a matter of fact .. which you did do. No reason to be bitter over it. As for evidence .. there are plenty of scientists that study dreams and such, and while I can't prove dreams are the way .. I see dreams, I wouldn't state my view points are facts either, nor would I go about it as if they are.

I also don't have a clue why you seem to be trying to pick a fight with me.

Last edited:
Firstly. Im not trying to pick a fight. I just asked not to post thhings that contradict other peoples beliefs.

Secondly. As humans im not exactlynsure w e only use 20/30 percent of our brain. Who is to say that these occurrances happen to people who have the ability to use 35/40 of the brain.

Thirdly. There is no possible way that scientists atnthis moment can be 100 percent certain over what they claim.

Thanx

babylea said:
Firstly. Im not trying to pick a fight. I just asked not to post thhings that contradict other peoples beliefs.

Secondly. As humans im not exactlynsure w e only use 20/30 percent of our brain. Who is to say that these occurrances happen to people who have the ability to use 35/40 of the brain.

Thirdly. There is no possible way that scientists atnthis moment can be 100 percent certain over what they claim.

Thanx

Sure does sound like you are trying to pick a fight. All I have done is disagree with something people have said, I have not been negative in anyway, nor have I been rude. I am simply having a discussion. I am allowed to post my opinion, just as anyone else is allowed to, and I am most certainly allowed to have different beliefs than other people openly just as they are allowed to.

Also, I don't mean to correct you again, but humans do use 100% of their brain. It's actually a pretty common myth that spreads around that we only use 10%.
Just so you don't get all bent out of shape, I will post a link this time.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/do-people-only-use-10-percent-of-their-brains/

You choose what to believe after reading that. Not really going to argue over it.

As for scientists not being 100% certain. Nothing is 100%. For all we know dogs can fly when we are not looking. However that doesn't mean we should believe they do.

Well shame on me for not believing everything I happen to read on the internet, then.

I'm sorry for sparking this entire argument. If I never opened my mouth (or typed) none of this would be happening. Could we please return to being somewhat friendlier?

You don't need to apologize for posting a thread many people find interesting.

Some people enjoy speculating about the supernatural. For others it's fun to come up with rational explanations for strange occurrences, sort of like solving puzzles. Some of the puzzle solvers have such a fear of the unknown that they get a little obnoxious when confronting things that defy practical explanations. They stubbornly insist their "scientific" beliefs are the only possible answer.

I've experienced a few strange things that are kind of fun to try to analyze.

One example: In the basement of a house I had recently bought, there was a child's toy that had some round particles in it that made a distinctive noise when it was physically moved. It had no power source of any kind and no other moving parts. It was sitting flat on a solid concrete floor. For a couple of weeks I distinctly heard what sounded like someone playing with the toy, whenever I came down the basement steps for the first time on any given day. There was never anyone there and it never appeared to have been moved. The sound would start slowing down as I walked on the concrete floor, and it stopped completely after I turned a corner to where I could see it. I ruled out air currents because it most likely would have taken a 15 to 20 mph. breeze just to move it at all, and there were no noticeable drafts down there. No earthquakes and no noticeable vibrations, certainly nothing with enough force to move that thing. I was never able to duplicate the sound no matter what I did with the ductwork, plumbing, stairs, or walls. Never heard the noise again after it was thrown away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back