What's the most absorbent pull up available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortsub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Anyone have an expereinced opinion as to who has the most absorbent adult pull up?

Last edited:
I generally don't prefer pullups and have not tried many, but Always Discreet Maximum actually works well, but wish they would make a man's version with more padding in front and plain white.
My experience with pullups is that they are for standing position only. Whenever I have wet sitting or laying they leak.

Pull ups are no better than pads you put in your trousers they have approx. the same absorbancy. However pads are easier to change than pull ups.

When I started having accidents I started with pads and pull ups, but quickly migrated to tape diapers as they have more absorbancy and are easier to change

shortsub said:
Anyone have an expereinced opinion as to who has the most absorbent adult pull up?

The one I wear is out of stock. For a long time. http://www.securepersonalcare.com/protective-underwear-protection-plus-underwear-c-5_7.html I have worn these for day time use. But not for night.

This is another place http://www.northshorecare.com/diapers/pullons1.html The north shore care ones and Tranquility are very good. The Abena Abri-Flex smells bad. I have not let tried the MoliCare Mobile Underwear yet.

Tranquility is about as absorbent as they come in pull up form.

Abena Abriflex Premium 3 are super absorbent. I wore one from 7:30am until 1:00pm. Gave it 3 or 4 pretty heavy wettings. No leakage problems. Very comfortable. Causes a slight "waddle" when you walk due to the bulking up. But I enjoy that part anyhow. Have tried a number of others and always come back to Abena.

Shortsub, normally I wear premium taped diapers, but use pull-ups for brief periods. The Abena Abriflex is your best bet for a pull-up that can take multiple wettings. Size large holds 37 ounces of liquid - much better than the competition.:) Of course, you still should wear plastic pants over it.

--John
(double incontinent and wearing 24/7)

jdinvirginia said:
Shortsub, normally I wear premium taped diapers, but use pull-ups for brief periods. The Abena Abriflex is your best bet for a pull-up that can take multiple wettings. Size large holds 37 ounces of liquid - much better than the competition.:) Of course, you still should wear plastic pants over it.

--John
(double incontinent and wearing 24/7)

thanks for your candid, clear response! i appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Abenalover said:
Abena Abriflex Premium 3 are super absorbent. I wore one from 7:30am until 1:00pm. Gave it 3 or 4 pretty heavy wettings. No leakage problems. Very comfortable. Causes a slight "waddle" when you walk due to the bulking up. But I enjoy that part anyhow. Have tried a number of others and always come back to Abena.

thanks so much, this feedback is helpful

I like the Walmart "Assurance" ones. I use a cloth belt to tighten it around my waist, and then fold the extra cloth on top around it so you can't tell. They can usually take two wettings and they are a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back