Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Incontinent
so... I finally worked up the courage to tell my mom about my abdl side and it went incredibly well! She sat down in my room to come smoke with me as usual and I told here that we needed to talk and long story short after telling her about my abdl side she told me that I am my own person and that I can do what I want so long as its not hurting anybody or myself. It is such a huge relief not having to worry any more about her finding any of my abdl stuff or having to sneak diapers into my room. :biggrin: :biggrin:

That's incredibly brave! You mommy sounds wonderful!

I almost didn't tell her, after I told her that we needed to talk i started having second thoughts but i'm glad I did.

you're very fortunate - a lot of people here don't have understanding parents or spouses, and get responses like "I'm sending you to a psychiatrist to FIX you" or "they go or I go".

That's great that it went well for you, I'm sure it's a big relief that you don't have to worry about it now. If only more parents could be accepting of things like this.

Nice reference to what I said bambinod. Also i'm telling my mother tomorrow. I just hope she is as understanding as yours was. Seeing as my brothers were alcoholics, thieves, and potheads, this might actually be a beacon of light to her.

RDBrony said:
That's great that it went well for you, I'm sure it's a big relief that you don't have to worry about it now. If only more parents could be accepting of things like this.

Same here dude x3

Congratulations, my mum kinda gave up after she realised that I just loved diapers way too much :) Now I have boxes of them in my room! Feels much better than sneaking them

well you see some teen girls with their rooms absolutely buried with plushies, or rock metal posters and goth, or football everything everywhere, etc. This really isn't all that different. Good to see somoene got some slack.

Congrats, I'm glad things went well for you. It does lift a huge weight off your shoulders, when you tell someone you are close to.

My mom was also the first person that found out about my ABDL side, she was fairly supportive in that she didn't abandon me but she said simply she doesn't care what I wear, what I wear doesn't change the person I am and she loves me regardless of what I wear. She mostly asked a few questions, she asked what I wore and since then it has mostly been comments about either the crinkling of what I am wearing or asking me why I don't go with something like a Bambino instead of what I normally wear (ATN's, Molicares, Abena, Goodnites, etc). I told her for many similar reasons to what people mention, I was fearful for getting caught, on the night that I told her I did it over facebook which caused a panic attack (first in my life) and then she talked to me face to face, at first she didn't believe me but I told her I had felt this way for well over 10 - 15 years and that my earliest memories of being an ABDL are from when I was a child and took our neighbors diapers when she babysat them to wear. She thinks she's partially to blame for me being an ABDL and thinks it's just a compulsion that I'll get over however over the last few months she has realized it's not just a temporary thing.

Other than that she's said that she thinks it's a little weird but that she hasn't met a person that has turned out to not be a little weird in their own way. I think she's just happy that I have a job and can support myself. :D

Congratulations to everyone who have accepting parents. I was not so lucky, but that was in 1970 and things have changed, in part because of the exchange of information via the internet, and the media to some extent. When all is said and done, wearing a certain item of clothing, even a diaper, isn't much of a big deal.

So nice to hear it went well for you I would never be able to tell my mom. It must be nice to not have to sneak around hiding this from her.

I finally got in touch with my birth mom in California tonight, after not hearing from her for a few weeks. Turns out her phone was not ringing when people called her. I took the opportunity to tell her all about the great support community that is here at ADISC, and how I now identify as a DL/Little/DF/IC (phew that's a lot of letters!) As usual, she was very supportive, understanding, and empathic.

Her approach is also basically an "as long as you are not hurting others, I'm fine with that" rule of thumb.She was just as supportive tonight as she was when I told her I was gay several months ago. I love her so much! I even told her how some people are AB's, and like paci's and playrooms and such.

She was very open to that, and understood the need for it. I only wish that my adopted mother was even one-millionth as empathic, but alas, she was not. She was a very disturbed, abusive woman who probably suffered from mental illness. It was honestly a big relief to me when she died in 2002.

I am so thankful that I have my real mom in my life. I don't know what I would do without her. She has yet to see my kitty, so I plan to send her a picture of myself holding her. I also plan on sending her a picture of me in my t-shirt and diaper :). So very glad to hear telling your mom went so well, bluejewel, and grats to everyone who had the courage to tell their parents as well.

i have told a few people myself, My mom, was via the internet she was living in holland and i in the UK.. i sent her a message with a link to a paper on Adult babies, and waited for her response, when she asked why i sent her it, i told her about me.. She was a little shaken but never said anything else about it.. no questions nothing, she used to be matron in a nursing home, so dealt with diapers regularly.

i told my brother and sister, during a depression cycle, outside the pub owned by my brother in holland, Im not sure why i was depressed at the time, but i was in serious tears, and i just blurted it out to them, they were sympathetic, and basically said it doesnt change who i am.

I have on 4 occassions told my best friend, (yes 4 best friends) the first turned out to be an asshole, he was all nice about it but soon blabbed it to his girlfriend, who then told everyone else.. i was not impressed, my second friend i told was someone i had known all my life but really only got to know them from my 18 birthday, they are a couple, and accepted me for who i was, Even asked me to babysite several times, and be godfather to one of their children. the husband didnt really ask anything, but the wife wanted to see everything, my clothing and stuff.

The third friend i told was a lad i met in holland, a good friend, i think that he may have had some feelings for me too, because when i told him he actually started to cry. he even took photos of me dressed in a new pair of dungarees i had, (With diaper on), he was very accepting

The final friend i told was only 2 weeks ago.. i have known him since he was a baby, and used to babysit him, he has had a lot of issues through his life too. so two weeks ago i asked him if he found out something wierd about me, would that end our friendship, he said no, i told him and it turns out he knows all about it.. Hes not into it, but he is into other things, and knowns about the AB lifestyle, and wasnt bothered.

My dad, was a different matter, he found out by accident, but he has severe memmory problems, and forgot within a couple of days.. My ex girlfriend who knew and partook in the AB lifestyle although she was more of a DL, told her best friend, who then sent me a text, asking if it was true, Problem was, she sent it to my fathers phone.

I told my disabled aunt, about me being the way i am , and she was all empathetic for me.. she loves me, and actually a funny situation happened, i think i have posted this before, she has severe ms and cannot move, she was supplied with diapers, but she couldnt wear them and had a catheter instead so one day she asked me if i could do her a favour, and take 5 packets of Tena Maxi slip large, down to the skip for her,, She winked at me.. i knew what she meant, so i took them.. She asked me a couple of weeks later, if i was using them, of course :)

the only other people who know, have been my last girlfriend, although we never partook during the relationship, a good friend from enlgand who i have known a few years, and experimented with, and of course my AB daddy who also lives in england.

It is difficult to come out to poeple, but in most circumstances people are acceptable about it.

BabyLea

In most circumstances unless you come from a over the top, traditional catholic family. An old repressed memory of mine popped up of the last time I came out to my parents as a tbdl (I was 14 at the time). Needless to say it was met with being called a freak (by my dad) and the classical it is just a phase (from my mom). I really wish I had more open and accepting parents. I can't even come out of the closet to them without being afraid of being disowned.

silentdreamer1996 said:
I can't even come out of the closet to them without being afraid of being disowned.

Well, if worse comes to worse, look at it this way: they say "you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family." So if they do actually disown you or stop associating with you, your friends will become your new family. And since you've been able to choose them, they should treat you much better.

I have ONE blood relative. one. Thats a pretty small family. So most of the people I call "family" are actually my good friends. (and their families) If life doesn't give you a good family, you should be able to go find one. Good friends treat you like a family should treat you. And the families of several of my good friends treat me like they treat my friend, like I was their son/daughter, or at least like a liked in-law. There are good, accepting people out there for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back