Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: MRI results

  1. #1

    Default MRI results

    im keeping it short because its late and Im tired
    saw specialist today mri all came back normal so nothing he can do
    no more tests no more appointments basically told the results and immediatly ended the appointment
    peed myself in the parking lot waiting for my ride and it felt like needles and glass inside my privates all night but still nothing abnormal
    been crying a lot tonight was talking with someone online about it and couldnt stop for a while ,finally stopped and then the next time it came up started again
    was up till 4 am the other night because it felt like my bladder was full of broken glass
    so now im at nothing and i just dont want to be stuck like this been scared i would for so long and now its happened, my body doesnt work right and nothing can be done im 20 and might be like this forever and all i can do is cry and say its not fair...im crying way too much lately sorry everyone

  2. #2

    Default

    im sorry for that post everyone, when I made the post it was late at night and i was pretty upset
    probably sound crazy as hell
    just not too sure what to do now, seeing gp around the 20th and have a one time appointment with a counsellor on tuesday to tide me over until I can get a proper slot in january

  3. #3

    Default

    I'm sorry to hear you were in so much pain, saix. This is a support community, so no need to apologize.
    Good luck to you.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by saix View Post
    im keeping it short because its late and Im tired
    saw specialist today mri all came back normal so nothing he can do
    no more tests no more appointments basically told the results and immediatly ended the appointment
    peed myself in the parking lot waiting for my ride and it felt like needles and glass inside my privates all night but still nothing abnormal
    been crying a lot tonight was talking with someone online about it and couldnt stop for a while ,finally stopped and then the next time it came up started again
    was up till 4 am the other night because it felt like my bladder was full of broken glass
    so now im at nothing and i just dont want to be stuck like this been scared i would for so long and now its happened, my body doesnt work right and nothing can be done im 20 and might be like this forever and all i can do is cry and say its not fair...im crying way too much lately sorry everyone
    I might be missing some further back-story, saix...

    However, I was experiencing something similar to what you describe as a sensation of broken glass (exactly how I described it too), in my bladder and lower abdominal area...

    GP, did a U/A and found that it was positive for trace/occult blood... I'm curious why you had an MRI presumably, before other tests seem to have been done...

    Anyway, I was given an antispasmodic drug for bladder... and a follow-up U/A about a week later... which showed clear or negative... I've not really had a problem with it since then...

    The reasons for this can be many and quite varied... As far as I can tell, you don't have enough information to conclude anything... especially drastic or certain...

    If you have a walk-in urgent care clinic (not necessarily the ER at this point), you may be able to be seen before the 20th and, then follow-up with your GP...

    It's quite understandable to garner a fair bit of anxiety about the unknown with our bodies and such... though, until it is substantiated as medical fact via qualified diagnoses... it really probably is just that... anxiety...

    Anxiety, is nothing to poo-poo either... and, psychological issues can cause and affect physiological issues... and the other way 'round.

    It's not out of the question to experience both of psychosomatic issues concurrent, with physiological issues, that may even present idiopathic for some time which, tends to make things that much more difficult to sort out and identify...

    Don't ignore your symptoms by any means but, don't go full-scale alarmed either... panic, will only distress you further, make things more difficult to sort out and, tends to exacerbate any condition...

    See the counselor and, see the GP... look at the things you've been eating and drinking... figure out who to call if things do begin to get much worse for you...

    My best to you,
    -Marka

  5. #5

    Default

    Sounds like some good advise from Marka. I'm sorry you're experiencing this much pain. Yes, that would be something to cause a great deal of stress and anxiety. I'm glad you shared this as we are a support group. No need to apologize as there's nothing to apologize for. Keep investigating and if you need to see other doctors, do so.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    I might be missing some further back-story, saix...

    However, I was experiencing something similar to what you describe as a sensation of broken glass (exactly how I described it too), in my bladder and lower abdominal area...

    GP, did a U/A and found that it was positive for trace/occult blood... I'm curious why you had an MRI presumably, before other tests seem to have been done...

    Anyway, I was given an antispasmodic drug for bladder... and a follow-up U/A about a week later... which showed clear or negative... I've not really had a problem with it since then...

    The reasons for this can be many and quite varied... As far as I can tell, you don't have enough information to conclude anything... especially drastic or certain...

    If you have a walk-in urgent care clinic (not necessarily the ER at this point), you may be able to be seen before the 20th and, then follow-up with your GP...

    It's quite understandable to garner a fair bit of anxiety about the unknown with our bodies and such... though, until it is substantiated as medical fact via qualified diagnoses... it really probably is just that... anxiety...

    Anxiety, is nothing to poo-poo either... and, psychological issues can cause and affect physiological issues... and the other way 'round.

    It's not out of the question to experience both of psychosomatic issues concurrent, with physiological issues, that may even present idiopathic for some time which, tends to make things that much more difficult to sort out and identify...

    Don't ignore your symptoms by any means but, don't go full-scale alarmed either... panic, will only distress you further, make things more difficult to sort out and, tends to exacerbate any condition...

    See the counselor and, see the GP... look at the things you've been eating and drinking... figure out who to call if things do begin to get much worse for you...

    My best to you,
    -Marka
    Ive made a million posts in the past about stuff Ive had done but most are just tiny updates
    I get multiple types of pain the broken glass feeling is just one of them it all varies a lot
    Ive had ultrasound, cystoscopy, urodynamics andmost recently an mri which was the last sort of thing my urologist had to do along with a bunch of blood and urine tests
    tried ditropan and betmiga and my gp tried several anxiety meds though none of the meds ive tried really did anything
    for the time being ill wait for my appointments the other day just kind of hit me super hard

  7. #7

    Default

    I didn't think the bladder had much in the way of pain receptors in it, just strech sensors. So I'm assuming this is a neurological issue at this point? Brain is interpreting "stretch" as "pain" ?

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    I didn't think the bladder had much in the way of pain receptors in it, just strech sensors. So I'm assuming this is a neurological issue at this point? Brain is interpreting "stretch" as "pain" ?
    I often get pain after urinating but I get it pretty randomly , the broken glass feeling is in my bladder area when I get it but I also get a ton of genital pain fairly regularly (sorry if tmi)

  9. #9

    Default

    Everyone here is here for you! When ever you need someone to talk with, someone will be here! Just don't be afraid to reach out!

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by saix View Post
    I often get pain after urinating but I get it pretty randomly , the broken glass feeling is in my bladder area when I get it but I also get a ton of genital pain fairly regularly (sorry if tmi)
    saix,

    I don't think it's TMI in this case...

    I've done some reading up on your posts... I believe that I understand a bit better, where you're coming from now... my apologies for my lack of obtained info earlier... You seemed like a spicy roo though, in my own experiences... I believe that I understand a bit more, why you are likely quite frustrated...

    I don't wish to send you up a tree or anything like that... However, ummmm... I would be concerned with neurological (as bambinod queried) or neurogenic issues... Likely, exactly the reason(s) you were MRI'd...

    Short of doing an ultrasound/sonogram of say, your bladder... (have they?)... you've 'bout run gamut on the imaging as far as I can tell... The urinalysis, the blood work-ups... they've checked for allergies, such as Celiac disease (gluten intolerant) have they? Otherwise and, as a multiple spinal degenerate myself... you're looking at a higher probability of such yourself... And, a key point being... it won't necessarily be all that evident on imaging... especially without contrast medium being introduced with an MRI... And, that has it's variables too...

    I would tentatively suggest, that you get a second reading on your images... just for - and, see about a blood test for the gluten Celiac possible issue...

    I, myself... suffer from multiple Central and Foraminal Spinal Stenosis from, the upper cervical (neck), to so-far the mid Thoracic (Chest) regions... I've been tested for Celiac and, a number of other allergens... all of which came back clear or negative...

    I'm on about the 8th year of this B.S.

    I go for more nerve conduction studies (not pleasant but harmless), in a few days...

    More recently, and see if this fits for you... I was/am actually experiencing not only the broken glass sensation yet, I would just get the sensation of urge... then with little more notice, I would be nearly doubled up in pain and dire need to urinate -bam! - just like that!

    Allergies, most certainly can and do create neurogenic affect of the bladder...

    I see you've looked into Interstitial cystitis (IC) and overactive bladders as I recall...

    I'm certain that the diagnostics and examinations are quite similar in Australia, as they are here in the US... I'm not sure how the medical bureaucracy goes on your side of the ocean... However, I would say that if you're not a good advocate for yourself (or maybe if you are) get someone to help you - you'll need it!

    I genuinely hope that I've made some sense and, I hope you know that I appreciate your circumstance as best I can...

    Don't take anything I say here verbatim but, perhaps be inspired to ask new or different questions to your practitioners...

    No matter what, you have my empathies, sympathies and, my best wishes for your resolve!

    My best to you,
    -Marka
    Last edited by Marka; 13-Dec-2015 at 10:03.

Similar Threads

  1. Hopefully this'll get some good results (!!)...
    By bringmesunshine in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-Dec-2015, 17:02
  2. MRI Results
    By EagleScout in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26-Sep-2014, 01:38
  3. Anyone know the results?
    By cr5311 in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-Dec-2012, 01:12
  4. Exercise Results
    By kite in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23-Dec-2009, 02:33
  5. GCSE Results
    By tom in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-Sep-2008, 21:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.