Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When you have the hiccups?

Default When you have the hiccups?

When you have the hiccups, what do you do? What does your daddy or mommy do?

When I have the hiccups, I try to hold my breathe as long as I can or I try to drink some water. After my hiccups stop after a minute or two but I have no idea whether it is due to my methods or not.

I just let it happen, and hope it stops soon.

I take a drink of water while holding my breath. Works every time.

I will just usually drink some water and it always does the trick.

Ok so here it is y'all ... the magic trick. Next time you have hiccups,
    Concentrate on your next hiccup and try to tell yourself when it is about to happen. If there's someone else there, plan to tell them. I promise you, you won't hiccup again. It's a magic little distraction that helps to relax that annoying thing going on inside.

Eat a spoon full of peanut butter, give it a try.

I kinda like having the hiccups, makes me feel little. But if I really need to get rid of them I just hold my breath for a bit; works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    Ok so here it is y'all ... the magic trick. Next time you have hiccups,
    Concentrate on your next hiccup and try to tell yourself when it is about to happen. If there's someone else there, plan to tell them. I promise you, you won't hiccup again. It's a magic little distraction that helps to relax that annoying thing going on inside.
    Holy flipity flap! He said it! He actually said it! Someone outside the American south said, "y'all!" For some reason, that absolutely tickles me pink! I knew Ausies were rednecks with funny accents! Don't take it wrong, sugar foot, I actually only use it as a term of endearment. Lemme hug you're neck! My neck is naturally Crimson! Roll tide; roll, baby!

As for hiccup cures, let a spoonful of sugar melt in your mouth and swallow it. This assumes you're not so sweet as not to allow the sugar to melt in there. Okay, I'll shut my Alabama mouth now.
    Last edited by SpAzpieSweeTot; 13-Dec-2015 at 01:26.

The hiccups? Sadly, the best I can hope for is that people will ignore me--as opposed to pointing and laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by SpAzpieSweeTot View Post
    Lemme hug you're neck! My neck is naturally Crimson!
    Oh Jeez, I just about expelled a mouthful of Scotch into my keyboard! (It probably needs it more than I do, though.) Hmm. Maybe we need smilies that aren't just disembodied heads so that we can give proper virtual hugs here?