Best diapering job in ages :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashy

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Ok so i wear nappies to bed at night or any time im sleeping...even napping...and i have a bedmat that sits under me...often i get tiny leaks...i thought this could be cause it gets too full and leaks....well i finally discovered why...all these years..i havent been putting it on right...well i have a few friends who are nurses who showed me where i was going wrong...they had me lie down with underwear on and diapered me a few times showing me step by step...then got me to do it a few times...well tonight i did it on my own....and i gotta say its the most perfect job ive ever done...

Last edited by a moderator:
Cute!

Yes, second one just looks... better!
I only have leaking problems with pull ups, but I know people who only leak sometimes in tape on diapers... So looks like the shape of our body can effect the diapers. In case that problem persists, order a free sample of a pull up style and see if it doesn't leek.

ashy said:
Aww thanks [emoji8] [emoji8]

"blush" Your welcome! :wub:

InvisibleLight said:
Yes, second one just looks... better!
I only have leaking problems with pull ups, but I know people who only leak sometimes in tape on diapers... So looks like the shape of our body can effect the diapers. In case that problem persists, order a free sample of a pull up style and see if it doesn't leek.
Second one is the morning after lol it held much better and spread to the whole nappy :) ive tried pull ups...they leak bad for me :(

What is the trick the nurses taught you? Did it have to do with which tapes to use first? I heard one should always use the bottom tapes on each side, then proceed to the top tapes. Sometimes diapers fit wonderfully , other times they are all messed up. I would love to hear exactly what they taught you. : )

samwise said:
What is the trick the nurses taught you? Did it have to do with which tapes to use first? I heard one should always use the bottom tapes on each side, then proceed to the top tapes. Sometimes diapers fit wonderfully , other times they are all messed up. I would love to hear exactly what they taught you. : )

I second this! I would love to be able to wake up comfortably wet ^^

technique varies wildly. For me, getting the tops on first lets me correctly set the tightness around my hips. Once that's set, I fasten the lower tapes for a snug but comfortable fit around my legs.

I always start with the bottom tapes slightly angled up, but not too tight around the legs, then the top tapes as high as I can get them if there's a landing zone to reduce the gaps on the sides. If the diaper is too tight, it tends to be very uncomfortable for me.

whats the trick? how do you line up your tapes so well?

Infinitas said:
whats the trick? how do you line up your tapes so well?
I fold my nappy in half longways then line up the crease in line with my bellybutton...once its aligned then you can pull the tapes over perfect :)

ashy said:
I fold my nappy in half longways then line up the crease in line with my bellybutton...once its aligned then you can pull the tapes over perfect :)
Thats a GREAT idea! Never thought about that. I'm kinda OCD with my tapes being even.

nice o:, ill hafta try ^_^

does anyone try to attach the tapes and pull up their diaper? I do that with some of my diapers, mostly the ones that are easier to remember where to attach the tapes to. I've got the kittens absolutely nailed for perfect pretaping of all four tapes. I do my daytime snuggies tops ahead of time and fasten the lowers after pulling up. (I'd pretape those too but the location is tricky to get right due to lack of landmarks)

Nothing more annoying with diapers than to get a tape in the wrong place, and have to move it. Might pop later. If you have to move it again, may as well get out the duct tape and just be proactive cuz it's gonna pop.

I rarely get it right, being diapered by a second person who can see what they are doing always get better results.

Cole said:
Thats a GREAT idea! Never thought about that. I'm kinda OCD with my tapes being even.
Also if this also helps....after you have folded it in half...mark a small line with a sharpie in the middle of the crease line up where the top of the diaper is and line that up with your belly button as the crease line at top may be difficult to see :)

I think that I have pretty mastered diapering myself over the last couple of years and I can get a great fit every time. My last diapering job was probably the best one that I have ever done. I like a very snug fit taping up the bottom tapes first and then the top tapes gently pulling them as far as they can go.

Its very satisfying when you do get a good even tape job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back