Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best diapering job in ages :)

Default Best diapering job in ages :)

Ok so i wear nappies to bed at night or any time im sleeping...even napping...and i have a bedmat that sits under me...often i get tiny leaks...i thought this could be cause it gets too full and leaks....well i finally discovered why...all these years..i havent been putting it on right...well i have a few friends who are nurses who showed me where i was going wrong...they had me lie down with underwear on and diapered me a few times showing me step by step...then got me to do it a few times...well tonight i did it on my own....and i gotta say its the most perfect job ive ever done...
    Last edited by Eulogy; 09-Dec-2015 at 18:13. Reason: Removing link to crotch shots.

Yes, second one just looks... better!
    I only have leaking problems with pull ups, but I know people who only leak sometimes in tape on diapers... So looks like the shape of our body can effect the diapers. In case that problem persists, order a free sample of a pull up style and see if it doesn't leek.

Quote Originally Posted by Yolandi View Post
    Cute!
    Aww thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashy View Post
    Aww thanks
    "blush" Your welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleLight View Post
    Yes, second one just looks... better!
    I only have leaking problems with pull ups, but I know people who only leak sometimes in tape on diapers... So looks like the shape of our body can effect the diapers. In case that problem persists, order a free sample of a pull up style and see if it doesn't leek.
    Second one is the morning after lol it held much better and spread to the whole nappy ive tried pull ups...they leak bad for me

What is the trick the nurses taught you? Did it have to do with which tapes to use first? I heard one should always use the bottom tapes on each side, then proceed to the top tapes. Sometimes diapers fit wonderfully , other times they are all messed up. I would love to hear exactly what they taught you. : )

Quote Originally Posted by samwise View Post
    What is the trick the nurses taught you? Did it have to do with which tapes to use first? I heard one should always use the bottom tapes on each side, then proceed to the top tapes. Sometimes diapers fit wonderfully , other times they are all messed up. I would love to hear exactly what they taught you. : )
    I second this! I would love to be able to wake up comfortably wet ^^

technique varies wildly. For me, getting the tops on first lets me correctly set the tightness around my hips. Once that's set, I fasten the lower tapes for a snug but comfortable fit around my legs.

I always start with the bottom tapes slightly angled up, but not too tight around the legs, then the top tapes as high as I can get them if there's a landing zone to reduce the gaps on the sides. If the diaper is too tight, it tends to be very uncomfortable for me.