59. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

11 18.64%
  • No

48 81.36%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Muslim ban

Default Trump Muslim ban

How many agree with this type action to protect are country from many more attack against in near future for us. This has been done in past with President Franklin D. Roosevelt locking up Japaneses , Italy , and German American citizen in internment camps during WWII.

That Franklin D. Roosevelt was one of are best President American history even those did something like this. Now all trump is doing ban anyone with know ties with Muslim religion entrance this country. So what different now then during WWII during war time targeting a group to protect us all from more attacks. I'm sorry it may sound wrong but kind agree of ban from people of origin of this counties for immigration.

Internment during World War 2 is generally regarded as a very shameful chapter of American history. Countless lives ruined out of utter paranoia. Otherwise loyal citizens actually driven to hate the country many were born in, because it trampled on their rights to such an extent for no reason other than their ancestry.

Blanket discrimination against an entire ethnic or religious group, because of the actions of a tiny minority goes against everything the US is supposed to stand for. Not to mention it's pointless. There are so many hoops that you have to jump through during the immigration process these days that the odds of terrorists slipping in are slim. Far more likely is the radicalisation of muslims already living in the US. Something that becomes even more likely to happen if you support knee-jerk discrimination. Witness recent events. Trump has already talked about registering all Muslims in the US, which is so disturbingly reminiscent of Nazi Germany, it isn't even remotely funny.

Let me put it simply. Freedom isn't free. If you believe in freedom, then you are obliged to take the risk of you and your family being blown up in a terrorist attack, rather than vote to strip your fellow citizens, or even yourself, of your constitutional rights. When Jefferson spoke of the Tree of Liberty being watered by the blood of patriots, he wasn't just talking about people wearing a military uniform. To live free is to refuse to allow people to intimidate you into changing the way you live your life - even if it costs you your life. Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Its a horrific idea and I'm truly mortified that anyone would even think of supporting it.

Your right, we have blatantly discriminated against people in the past and if you haven't noticed that's the dark part of our History that we are ashamed of. How stupid could we be to make the same mistake.

The Terrorists who support these atrocious acts and crimes against humanity are in no way a majority of Muslims. I wouldn't even consider them Muslim, they're using their religion as an excuse. You have shootings everyday in the United States caused by Christians, Jews, and Atheists that kill more people than terrorists domestically, yet there is no decry for banning those people from coming into the United States. You are more likely to die suffocating from a PILLOW, than in a Terrorist attack.

The United States is a country founded on Immigration and religious freedom. Unless you are a Native American, then at some point in time YOUR family was doing the exact same thing to get here, and these people coming in have just as much right to come and your family did.

Turning away Muslims would not only be a crime against everything our Country stands for, but it would also make ISIS and other extremist Terror Organizations' Jobs A LOT easier. Right now they have to brain wash people and convince them the west is full of terrible people who all need to die. An act like the one Trump is proposing (Or any of his many other idiot, inhumane fascist ideas) is only going to justify their hatred. It won't solve the problem, it will exacerbate it.

We should be welcoming these people and showing them compassion and giving them aid, not turning them away and sending them back to a war-zone. By turning them away we are proving everything ISIS has been preaching, to be true, and gain more enemies.

I know this past we done during WWII but at this time it was only way we seen to protect are people from more attack to happen. I am not say this people are bad and should all ban from coming here no. But in way I agree with trump that there need to be something done to control this attack from happen in first place and there should. Obama act like were not at war but like it or not we are in another holy war we got self into after 9/11 that continue to this day and it only getting worries over time. Should all immigration be ban from Muslim countries no but something does need to be done to address the issue and that why agree with trump on that side of this. There need be way to address the issue other then saying ban all of one religion group from are country but issue need be address to fix this problem not just turn blind eye.

Believe I have people I know that are Muslim and there really nice to me and other who come into there store all time. Do I think there no terrorist but never know now days who is who. The problem is we do not know how ISIS is getting to this people to turn them towards doing this attack at us and we should take closet look why there turning into radicals Muslim way.

Trump lives in another era...

I don't know if that man is racist or just doesn't want to be president...
    I mean, USA has lots of immigrants so he is not getting support from that huge slice of population (at least I believe they don't support his ideas). Only people living in another era like tyrannosaurus rex and pterodactyls will agree with him.

Muslims are free to immigrate to anywhere in the world, just like Trump is allowed anywhere in the world!

I won't offer an opinion about the election side of it and the scary realization that he has so many supporters, but I saw an image cross my Facebook feed today that compared the actions of Hitler on his rise to power to that of Trump and it was an eerie comparison.
    Last edited by LstNwf; 09-Dec-2015 at 11:58. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleLight View Post
    Trump lives in another era...

I don't know if that man is racist or just doesn't want to be president...
    I mean, USA has lots of immigrants so he is not getting support from that huge slice of population (at least I believe they don't support his ideas). Only people living in another era like tyrannosaurus rex and pterodactyls will agree with him.
    Muslims are free to immigrate to anywhere in the world, just like Trump is allowed anywhere in the world!
    What you do say is true he does seem to live in another era and sound like Hitler now. But like said there need be reason why Muslim like ISIS getting so many comers there way in this world. To me trump sound just like ant-Christ in bible where it man in power try take over world.

Quote Originally Posted by Akastus View Post
    Internment during World War 2 is generally regarded as a very shameful chapter of American history. Countless lives ruined out of utter paranoia. Otherwise loyal citizens actually driven to hate the country many were born in, because it trampled on their rights to such an extent for no reason other than their ancestry.
    Shameful because many of the Japanese were American citizens, and as such deserved constitutional protections.

We owe no such protection to citizens of other nations, especially those who don't even live here! Moreover, we have no obligation, legal or otherwise, to bring in immigrants of any flavor. When and if there is a way to filter out jihadists who live by the motto "death to the infidel", then perhaps such a ban could be lifted.

P.S. I think you're overstating just a tad, based on what I got from nisei I know whose families were interned, even a couple who were in the camps themselves as very young children. They weren't happy about it, but many understood that WWII was an existential threat to the United States and our way of life, not one of the penny-ante little police actions we've had the last couple of decades. Apologies to veterans and those who lost loved ones in Afghanistan and Iraq, but just one battle in Europe or the Pacific often cost more lives than the whole of our presence in the Middle East.
    Last edited by Maxx; 08-Dec-2015 at 22:10.

Demonizing an entire religion as Donald Trump is proposing is extremely dangerous.
    It is like dumping a railroad tank car's worth of gasoline onto a single lit can of sterno.

Donald Trump's statement goes against the Constitution. If he wants to band people from a certain nation, that might be legal, but he can't legally discriminate against religions.