Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About life.

Default About life.

Does anyone ever feel like they're just trying to make it through the day, only to realize that they've been 'just getting by, and trying to pass their time", in a never-ending cycle? I just realized, that I've been pretty much recently "trying to get through the day", recently. It's kinda like how you do when you're waiting for something really great or cool. I just realized, though, that it feels like I'm trying to live untill something, but there seems to be no end to it... That which I'm trying to "just get by" untill doesn't seem to be there... I would think it's college, but I'm not sure... It may be that I'm just tired... I guess I'll have to see what my perspective is in the morning.

I think that's what a lot high school feels like. Just waiting. It's what I imagine prison would be like.

I think the key is the make life more interesting, it won't do it for you. Take up hobbies, make new friends, date, go to parties, write... being a teenager sucks, but it's even worse if you don't try to take advantages of the good parts.

I agree with Charlie F. I was pretty active in high school. I had my little group of friends, and we got together after school every day. Mostly we played sports, and games, but we went out on "adventures". We'd ride our bikes to new places. Since we lived close to the water, we'd swim in the summer. Mostly it's about trying to have some fun. Life gets very tedious after you graduate and you're out on your own working. For most of us, it's work, go home, watch t.v., have sex if you're partnered, go to sleep, get up and go to work. On the weekends, you try to do something that you find enjoyable. We all try to fill our lives up with something that is either meaningful, or fun. Otherwise, life can get very depressing.

College, hopefully, for me. But once i graduate, I'm not just going to fall into a new rythem of wake up, go to work, come home, go to sleep. I intend to do a whole lot more than that.

It already feels like that for me... My usual day is go to high school and sleep through the classes, since its all just common sense (it works for me too), go to college and actually learn, come home to deal with the constant nagging that I have to put up with, go to work if I have to, eat dinner if I'm hungry, do homework and sit at my computer, masturbate since I have nobody to have sex with, and then go to bed to wake up feeling even worse the next day. Thats pretty much every fine detail of my life, that's it...
    Last edited by adaffme149; 20-Feb-2009 at 19:53. Reason: Edited because I posted this from my phone, and so I fixed some of the mistakes.

Spice things up then!
    If you're defeatist about it, then you'll never improve it.
    Be positive about it, picture yourself living a joyful life. Picture it every moment when you wake up, have a clear picture in your head: large and vivid and colourful!

Then make it happen!

Quit recently I been thinking something along the lines of "What's the point?"

I am not suicidal at all and I have no plans to be. But for now life just seams boring. I guess this is why people always say "life is all about the small things that make you happy."

Yeah, that's kinda what I mean... It doesn't/won't matter in the end anyways, so why not just have fun, I tell myself, but I just can't bring myself to feel that way..

Eh. I try and think of things that are interesting. I don't know about most of you, but for me that covers theoretical physics, and highly advanced biology.

My advice: find something that you love or find interesting. Then, find out more. (for my things, I go to Scientific American's website.) It will make quite the difference.

I've felt that many times. When I get sick of it, I just write music and poems.