Thread: Diaper rash = diaper hiatus?

Unhappy Diaper rash = diaper hiatus?

About a month ago I started getting red blotches around my lower back. I bought some diaper rash cream (zinc oxide) and applied it, then tried some anti-fungal cream as well. It seemed to be getting better/dried skin so continued wearing diapers but now it seems to be alot worse.. very itchy and even a little painful in spots (really bright red and raised a bit) even down my side. I keep telling myself that I should just stop wearing diapers for a bit but it's hard... :p. I'm also worried I'm maybe allergic to something in one of the diapers or one of the creams but idk I've never had this problem before.

Solution: don't wear so often. And yeah you probably are allergic to something. Try some skin tests.

Ya I know that's probably the best idea, it's just that I recently got the new space diapers and some snuggies overnights, and have alot of alone time around the house so it's hard to avoid. But ya I hope I'm not allergic to one of the diapers because that would be tragic
    Also, not really wanting to go to the doctor or to get allergy tests because I feel like that would bring up quite the awkward situation... haha.

In this care you don't have to go to the doctor for an allergy test, just rub a little of what you have been using on your skin and wait. You'll discover if you're allergic sooner or later.

On your back? That seems to be an unusual place. Is it right where the top back edge of your diaper is at? It may just be physical irritation. I know I had a bit of an itchyness on my lower back for awhile when I wore Dry24/7's overnight. Those seem to have a slightly rougher than average rear elastic edge on them. But I didn't get any sort of rash, and my skin's gotten used to it so I don't notice anymore when I select a 247 for overnight.

If it is what I think it is, it is just some pimples of sorts due to the friction on the back, by the top of the diaper. I once was worried about this as well, but it went away after a while.

I had a rash for a while about a month ago. Went almost 2 weeks with no diapers. What worked for me was an anti fungal spray twice a day, Lamisil. And then some powder during the day. It was more in my crotch/groin so lots of warmth and friction and sweat. Not fun.
    What was worse was that if I itched it, the skin would separate and I'd have little paper cuts. Not fun. I'm way more careful now about showing after using diapers - and keeping powder on me most of the time.