Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: What is the difference?

  1. #1

    Default What is the difference?

    What is the difference between an AB, a Little, a Babyfur and a Diaperfur?

  2. #2

    Default

    There are a lot of nuances to these unscientific labels, so use them as a starting point for conversation rather than assuming you know everything about someone who identifies that way. This is just a brief overview.

    Adult Babies have a strong interest in baby things and may act or see themselves as substantially younger than their chronological age. It can be play or more deeply seated (although I'd argue that anyone who has seen a child at play knows how deadly serious play can be). It can be sexual or not, both or neither by turns. Diapers are frequently central but not required. The AB often feels an affinity for a certain age or ages of childhood (around 2 years seems common).

    Littles are largely (no pun) synonymous with ABs within out community, although their little ages skew higher than ABs tend to. Don't assume the labels are equally welcome. Call people what they wish to be called, and there shouldn't be any trouble.

    Diaper Lovers are just interested in diapers. As above, it may be sexually motivated or not, or both, or neither by turns. DLs are not interested in other babyish elements. It is worth noting that polling indicates most of us are somewhere mixed in this rather than existing purely as AB or DL.

    Babyfurs are ABs with a furry fursona, so the baby is their animal character. Diaperfur is analogous to DL, where it's an adult furry who happens to enjoy diapers for whatever reason.

  3. #3

    Default

    I'd say, Trevor, you did a pretty good job there, helping to define those generalized descriptions. As a member of the DL/DF community, with many friends/associates, that somewhat fit the categories of AB/BF, cubs, littles and middles-it some needs a bit of clarification, from time to time.

  4. #4
    MarchinBunny

    Default

    Here is a question that I think is a bit related to this.

    I guess to keep it short .. at what point does one become a fur? Is a fursona required?

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    Here is a question that I think is a bit related to this.

    I guess to keep it short .. at what point does one become a fur? Is a fursona required?
    I'm no expert but I would say the combination of an interest in anthro animal characters plus self identifying as furry does it. Everything else is just layers. A fursona is a very common initial opting in point but some people are intimidated by the range of possible choices.

  6. #6
    MarchinBunny

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I'm no expert but I would say the combination of an interest in anthro animal characters plus self identifying as furry does it. Everything else is just layers. A fursona is a very common initial opting in point but some people are intimidated by the range of possible choices.
    So if that was the case, then someone who may like furs and may have a fursona but doesn't always identify themselves by that fursona wouldn't be a fur? That self identifying part always confuses me. I have a fursona .. a rabbit .. and I would identify myself using that fursona but at the same time I would identify using other persona's such as the one in my avatar.

    lol what can I say .. I am just a very confusing person. XD

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    So if that was the case, then someone who may like furs and may have a fursona but doesn't always identify themselves by that fursona wouldn't be a fur? That self identifying part always confuses me. I have a fursona .. a rabbit .. and I would identify myself using that fursona but at the same time I would identify using other persona's such as the one in my avatar.

    lol what can I say .. I am just a very confusing person. XD
    By self-identifying as a furry, I mean it as simply as being able to truthfully say "I'm a furry." You're free to have other interests and personas or multiple fursonas if you wish, or none.

    Like I say, I'm no expert but I skirted around the edges of the fandom for a good while, and this is the only definition that makes sense to me.

  8. #8
    MarchinBunny

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    By self-identifying as a furry, I mean it as simply as being able to truthfully say "I'm a furry." You're free to have other interests and personas or multiple fursonas if you wish, or none.

    Like I say, I'm no expert but I skirted around the edges of the fandom for a good while, and this is the only definition that makes sense to me.
    I see

Similar Threads

  1. The difference
    By mercyswolf in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 30-May-2015, 11:00
  2. What is the difference between Abena M4 and L4
    By y2k890 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-Feb-2015, 00:48
  3. Difference between per-fit and prevail
    By Dbannn in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-Jan-2012, 01:03
  4. Age Difference in Relationships
    By Kovy in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 15-May-2011, 17:19
  5. Big difference between DL and *BDL ?
    By wolfpup2008 in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-Dec-2009, 07:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.