I just got my diapers! Can anyone tell me how to put it on properly to make sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleLando

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I was wondering how to make sure it is on properly?

Also when I sit in my diaper it feels like I'm sitting on a big lump! Is his normal or is it not on right?

*Edit: Sorry I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum can someone move it to the "Diaper Talk"?

Last edited:
For starters, if you ever want a post moved, click the "!" button to get a staff member's attention. For putting on a diaper, see this article.

Because they stay on better like that!

WBxx said:
The article states:

“You want the top of the rear waistband to be just a little bit higher than the front.”

Not questioning, but do you or anybody know the “why” behind that positioning?

Getting it balanced means the thinner middle part will be where it's supposed to between the legs and you'll feel more comfortable and have a snugger fit. Though I would note that I always make sure the front is up to my belly-button so I don't have leaks out the top if I'm not pointing the right way.

Trust me, a diaper is much more comfortable having the back higher than the front. Not to mention its aesthetically pleasing.

Vapor said:
Trust me, a diaper is much more comfortable having the back higher than the front. Not to mention its aesthetically pleasing.

Maybe personal preference. I don't care during the day, but overnight laying on my back it feels a bit weird being too high in the back. I'll usually pull the back elastic down an inch or so if it's bugging me.

As a long time wearer of cloth I’m still trying to get the hang of disposables for bedwetting. Here's the deal, when I wake in the morning the front of my diaper is generally soaked to the point of leaking with the back still dry. So I’m thinking I should have the front higher to make better use of the padding. Is that not right?

WBxx said:
As a long time wearer of cloth I’m still trying to get the hang of disposables for bedwetting. Here's the deal, when I wake in the morning the front of my diaper is generally soaked to the point of leaking with the back still dry. So I’m thinking I should have the front higher to make better use of the padding. Is that not right?

1. lay on your back all night
2. point down
3. wear a diaper with adequate capacity and good wicking qualities
3. make sure your diaper isn't pressed up against your scrotum and blocking liquid flow forward and down (try to shape the crotch material so there's a "V" pointing down in the middle to make a channel for runoff, DO NOT go with a "W" that creases upward in the middle)

if you don't follow 2 or 4, you'll "flood forward" and then there's very little that can save you

Make sure it's under your clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back