Need some diaper suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
Next year, I'm doing tafe, and thought that I should wear diapers 24/7.

The only reason why I want to wear 24/7 is I have a small bladder, and tend to need to urinate every 5 minutes if I drink coffee, and hate having to find and leave to go the the toilet every 5 minutes.

I don't want a diaper that is too obvious, but fits well and can last the entire day, without needing to change.

Also, I cannot stand the pull up ones as I'm too skinny, sure they work, but they leak from the sides. drives me nuts.

I want a diaper with 2/3 tapes per side, and works for long periods of time, as I said I have a small bladder, and find it more convinent not to go pee every 5 minutes, as I'm worried I might pee myself.

I'm thinking attends, but I'm not too sure about it, do they ship to Australia?

Could you specify what you mean by "can last the entire day"? I presume that you don't literally mean 24 hours?

Even assuming that you mean just the working day (8 hours), if you want to avoid changing, then you need a premium nappy. Attends are definitely not it. TBH, even with premium nappies, you have to be open to the possibility of needing a mid-day change, even if only very occasionally. The only way to completely avoid that is a) careful fluid control, or b) super-premium nappies like that ABU Space, which are not all that discrete.

Personally, I'd suggest the Abri-Form Extra Plus. It's not what it was in its heyday, but it's still better than most.

No, Not 24 hours :D, I might be able to cope with changing once or twice, however I'm worried about that part.

I'll check those links out.

Last edited:
My favorite for leak free long time wearing is the Dry 24/7. I do not know what the cost would be in or to ship to Austrailia though. They are very thick, but I have worn them under loose jeans and an untucked shirt with no one but myself knowing it was on. These are my go to long term travel diaper that have never leaked for me when wearing for 12 hours or less straight. I pushed one to 20 hours, driving overnight and that ended with a couple of small leaks, more from shifting material inside after driving for so long than anything else. Not that I recommend that time frame without changing but I wanted to see what it could handle from me. You need thick premium diapers if frequent changing is a concern. It will end up being cheaper in the long run too. But your activity and comfort will need to be balanced as well. I feel somewhat restricted with these since they are so thick and can get heavy with extended use. So you may need to experiment a bit based on your body, comfort, activity, and change schedule desired.

Hey Mantle, I've done the networking pathway at TAFE!

In regards to the aussie sites posted above:

Independence Australia. They ship discreet via startrack but they sent me junk mail after. Full colour postcard style ads for depends real fit. I had a lot of explaining to do that day.
Paddingplus use a courier service to deliver. If you're in Melbourne or a CBD they're good. I've played cat and mouse with the local courier contractor from them before.
Little-downunder use Auspost. Nice guy running it - sent me free samples via express post when I made an inquiry.

I personally like the Molicare Super Plus, but they've recently swapped to cloth backed.

Also you can get Attends in Australia through chemmart, the one near me carries the slips.

Interesting.

Was changing much of a hassle? did you wear at tafe, and what is some advice you would recommend me?

mantlepython said:
Next year, I'm doing tafe, and thought that I should wear diapers 24/7.

The only reason why I want to wear 24/7 is I have a small bladder, and tend to need to urinate every 5 minutes if I drink coffee, and hate having to find and leave to go the the toilet every 5 minutes.

I don't want a diaper that is too obvious, but fits well and can last the entire day, without needing to change.

Also, I cannot stand the pull up ones as I'm too skinny, sure they work, but they leak from the sides. drives me nuts.

I want a diaper with 2/3 tapes per side, and works for long periods of time, as I said I have a small bladder, and find it more convinent not to go pee every 5 minutes, as I'm worried I might pee myself.

I'm thinking attends, but I'm not too sure about it, do they ship to Australia?

Avoid the Abenas, and pick up a case of the Bambino Bellissimos, Teddies, Classicos, or Biancos. Anything from Rearz is good, especially since they corrected the tapes on their Inspire briefs. The ABU Space, SDK, and Cushie diapers are other good options. I am not AB/DL. I wear for need because I am autistic and have a skin condition. Reliability and dependability are what you are looking for. With your needs, you are NOT asking for "discrete looks". Stay clear of ANYTHING made in the United States. This includes the current batch of Confidry 24/7's, and ESPECIALLY anything from Prevail, Attends, Wellness, or Depend. The A+ "briefs", both "Level 3" and "Level 4" from XP Medical, will definitely leak. ONLY buy those if you love the feel of their plastic and thickness, which is the only good thing about them. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Alright thanks.

I'll buy and try a bunch of those diapers when I get the money, "use' and see which one is perfect for my needs.

mantlepython said:
Interesting.

Was changing much of a hassle? did you wear at tafe, and what is some advice you would recommend me?

I'm going really off topic but to answer your question:

It really depends on where you're going to TAFE and what the culture is.
At the three campuses I went to you were given a break half way through each class. Then there was a break between classes even if one wasn't scheduled.
You wont do 8 hours in a row, that's almost guaranteed. The lecturer is the deciding factor in most of that though.

You'll be in a "professional environment". Generally the rule is that if you want to walk out for any reason, you can. Don't ask to go to the toilet, just walk out.
That will give you ample opportunity to change if you want to. I would recommend for the first 2 weeks to test the waters - see if you can wear without noticing or if you get opportunities to change.

I did wear at tafe every so often, it wasn't really a problem for me and no one noticed.

Oh, that is good, thank you for your reply :)

PinkFloyd said:
Independence Australia. They ship discreet via startrack but they sent me junk mail after. Full colour postcard style ads for depends real fit. I had a lot of explaining to do that day.

I have no experience with this site but I would imagine that you could put a comment on the order form or email them to request that they do not add you to their mailing lists to avoid this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back