Not open for further replies.

DLMelissa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
So I've started wearing diapers now, this is the second day, and I've a huge problem with my nether region chafing, and I really haven't put anything on myself that would prevent such, what is the recommended steps to stop this so it doesn't hurt? I would like to put on a new diaper, without the pains :paci::paci:

DlBaileh said:
So I've started wearing diapers now, this is the second day, and I've a huge problem with my nether region chafing, and I really haven't put anything on myself that would prevent such, what is the recommended steps to stop this so it doesn't hurt? I would like to put on a new diaper, without the pains :paci::paci:

Well, if you're having chafing trouble around the legs some baby powder or cornstarch powder may help. Also what kind of diapers are you using? If it's tab styled briefs then you might be taping around the legs too tight.

DlBaileh said:

Hi there! What Jonnythepony said is spot on - you need to have baby powder to prevent it and diaper cream to sooth the rash if you get it. Also, you should change a wet diaper often so the acid doesn't irritate you.

And hey! This looks like you first post. What are some of your interests and hobbies?

I've been using Abena m4's and Dry 24/7's, I just tried baby powder, hopefully that helps

- - - Updated - - -

I've changed my diapers as soon as I wet them, maybe half an hour after, and interests being video games, reading, writing. I think the cause of most of the chafing is because I started wearing them at work on day one, and I move around A LOT, for 8+ hours, so that could be a problem as well, I will just not wear them at work then

DlBaileh said:
I think the cause of most of the chafing is because I started wearing them at work on day one, and I move around A LOT, for 8+ hours, so that could be a problem as well, I will just not wear them at work then
Yep, that would do it. You should also experiment with different ways of taping them. Most people make the tapes too tight, which will definitely cause chafing issues.

DlBaileh said:

Delicate skin takes awhile to get used to change, so some of that will go away given time. But some of the irritation you may have to address. You'll get recommendations for various powders and cremes, as well as advice on staying clean. You also need to be able to recognize medical conditions such as eccema and yeast infection, and react appropriately or it may get worse if treated with the incorrect response.

I personally use zeesorb AF regularly where the front leak guards fit, and then use a mix of talc and cornstarch elsewhere. I don't use lotions or barrier creames. (I think barrier creames are best called for if you are bowel incontinent and need to protect the skin from prolonged contact with that)

How your diaper fits and how thick it is in the crotch will also affect chaffing. For daytime wear at work I wear a snuggies waddler for its softer shell and medium thickness. A lot of us really like the idea of wearing a thick diaper, but it usually ends poorly if we're out active and walking around a lot with the inner thigh friction on our diaper. Wet diapers are also wider in the crotch of course. So I only wear thick diapers to bed since I won't be walking. Ideally you'd get your diaper to fold downward in the middle (form a "V") but most pants prevent that so you end up with a fold upward in the middle instead. (forming a "W") But this increases friction on your thighs, so be aware.

I've also needed to reapply powder while at work because I was walking around a lot. Bring one of those travel size containers of talk with you if you can, even if you have no plan of changing. Warning: talc gets everywhere it can, and Murphy will specifically attract it to dark colors, especially shirts. I wash my hands after using talc, before touching my dark work shirt.

I love all the feedback, and I appreciate it, I think at the moment it's best for me not to wear a diaper when I know my job will be busy (i.e. weekends) because that's when I'm walking around and sweating my butt off, and the diapers are already warm enough to begin with, on the less busy days I will probably return to wearing diapers at work, when I know I won't be so active. I know all about the mess of talc, I have a fetish for latex, so I often use talc on my latex before I wear it.

yeah physical activity and sweat together really destroy disposables fast. Just look forward to getting home and getting padded.

(and just maybe stay diapered all weekend too, because why not, it's the weekend!)

I work weekends xD I work almost every day, sometimes I have mondays off, sometimes saturday, it changes every week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back