Just got my Pampers Cruiser Size 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who can now get into a pair of 29" levis, this is most promising news! Any other similar large size diapers that fit?

its times like this that i wish i was ever so slightly smaller. im about a 32 waist but with male anatomy n such its hard. i wish i was born a midget xD

do you have a listing link or some way of finding the scent oils?. I love the current pampers scent.

MickeyM said:
do you have a listing link or some way of finding the scent oils?. I love the current pampers scent.

That stuff's always been hard to locate. I was able to track it down awhile ago, I think I found it on ebay and abu. But I don't see it in either place anymore. You might try asking the ABU rep where he gets it from since they don't appear to resell it anymore. It wasn't cheap and is in a tiny bottle, but they always said a little goes a long ways. I'd imagine a few drops per diaper is more than enough if it's concentrated. They were marketed as specifically having the pampers scent, not just the more generic baby powder.

You might also consider sticking the right scented dryer sheet in a diaper for a day to scent it. Those sheets are pretty potent.

Here's a few ideas for baby powder specifically:

http://www.yankeecandle.com/product/baby-powder/_/R-1122150 (candle)
http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/store/jump/productDetail/64545 (spray)
http://www.bulkapothecary.com/produ...-flavor/fragrances/baby-powder-fragrance-oil/ (oil)

found the old thread here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/83711-Baby-Magic-scent
the mommy scents is what I was thinking of earlier. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adult-Baby-MommiesScents-3-bottles-Sample-Set-/221142276587 )
Just do an ebay search for "MommiesScents" and you'll find a good selection for sale

Cottontail said:
Tragically, they've gone unscented everywhere. If you're still finding the scented ones, they're old stock. The new ones still have a semi-pleasant scent when wet, but they're virtually scent-free when dry. :frown:

Pampers diapers were pretty much the last scented diapers around. In a world where parents are freaking out over every little additive, it was surprising to see them continue to scent their diapers so strongly, particularly when Huggies and even most of the store brands had gone scentless years ago.

Sigh.

Indeed they are the same size. Like, exactly the same. Cruisers and Swaddlers use a different sizing system than Baby Dry, Extra Protection, and Luvs. It's a dirty trick. Absorbency-wise, my observation has also been the same as yours: Cruisers don't seem to hold as much. I haven't attempted a really scientific test, though.

And as for the once-legendary stretchiness of the Cruisers 7 tapes: It was spoiled a couple of years ago when Pampers added all the extra Swaddlers-style padding to it, making it much harder to stretch. At the same time, the improved plastic welding used for Cruisers was handed down to Baby Dry and the other diapers, so there just isn't much reason to get Cruisers 7 anymore. And they're hard to get, besides! Forget 'em. Baby Dry 6 really is the way to go in Pampers anymore--unless you have a Target store near you, in which case you can probably get the much-more-absorbent and identically-sized Extra Protection 6.

The current Pampers cruisers are scented where I live in Canada. The 3 core ones. The Baby dry's are also still scented.

SnowBlitz said:
The current Pampers cruisers are scented where I live in Canada. The 3 core ones. The Baby dry's are also still scented.

Interesting! I haven't found the scented ones in any of the big chain stores near me for a little while, although I bought a bag of Baby Dry from a small, local grocery store last week and they were scented. I'd assumed they were simply old stock, but now... :shrug: Guess I'll just wait and see!

Cottontail said:
Interesting! I haven't found the scented ones in any of the big chain stores near me for a little while, although I bought a bag of Baby Dry from a small, local grocery store last week and they were scented. I'd assumed they were simply old stock, but now... :shrug: Guess I'll just wait and see!

The Extra Protection Baby Dry's are also scented ^.^ (Although significantly harder to find for some reason than regular baby dry.)

Nope. I bought a bag of Baby Drys in August and a pack of Cruisers I think in October… Both are scented. And there's a difference in the scents they use in their diapers. Haven't quite figured it out, but they're not exactly the same…

I have always wanted to try pampers but am too nervous they won't fit, I have a 30 inch waist. They definitely won't hold for wetting but I could live with that I just want to wear baby diapers.

Cottontail said:
Tragically, they've gone unscented everywhere. If you're still finding the scented ones, they're old stock. The new ones still have a semi-pleasant scent when wet, but they're virtually scent-free when dry. :frown:

Pampers diapers were pretty much the last scented diapers around. In a world where parents are freaking out over every little additive, it was surprising to see them continue to scent their diapers so strongly, particularly when Huggies and even most of the store brands had gone scentless years ago.

Sigh.

Indeed they are the same size. Like, exactly the same. Cruisers and Swaddlers use a different sizing system than Baby Dry, Extra Protection, and Luvs. It's a dirty trick. Absorbency-wise, my observation has also been the same as yours: Cruisers don't seem to hold as much. I haven't attempted a really scientific test, though.

And as for the once-legendary stretchiness of the Cruisers 7 tapes: It was spoiled a couple of years ago when Pampers added all the extra Swaddlers-style padding to it, making it much harder to stretch. At the same time, the improved plastic welding used for Cruisers was handed down to Baby Dry and the other diapers, so there just isn't much reason to get Cruisers 7 anymore. And they're hard to get, besides! Forget 'em. Baby Dry 6 really is the way to go in Pampers anymore--unless you have a Target store near you, in which case you can probably get the much-more-absorbent and identically-sized Extra Protection 6.

Young ABDL's in America (too young for Adisc anyway) are lucky because they've still got Huggies! ...Which I never got round to trying back in the day...grrrrrrrr! bms

Wow, you're very slim I supose owo I'm going to buy a easy ups 4t 5t. I hope it works on my 33" waist x'3

Hello,

Well the thing to remember about pull ups and I found out later is pull-ups are not bigger than baby diapers. The pull-ups are the same. For example a size 5t pull-up is the exact same size as a size 5 baby diaper. I was surprised by that. Goodnites is the next biggest "diaper" after the size 6/7. The size 7 is the exact same waist size as a size 6 diaper, but is one inch LONGER than a size 6 diaper. That's the only difference. If you want to see if you fit in baby diapers, try out walmart's Parents Choice brand. They are half the price of Pampers and are decently stretchy. And hold a good amount. I use them as soakers. But I totally understand the want for Pampers specifically. I recently got my hands on the daytime and overnight version of Pampers from 1960. Something about that baby on the box that just screams "baby".

-Baby Stanley

I have pictures of the Pampers posted on my Facebook page here for anyone who's interested in seeing them: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153740784601259.1073741830.625356258&type=3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back