Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swim diaper

Default Swim diaper

I want to go swimming but I'm IC so what swim diaper should I get?

Are you fecal incontinent? If not, there is probably no need for a swim diaper. People pee in pools all the time and with the amount of chlorine in there it's not really an issue. Actually urine is sterile until it comes into contact with substances outside the body.

That being said I have worn them principally to reduce the flood of urine while NOT in the ocean or pool. That's really the main advantage say if you were getting in and out of the water and you did not want to change each time. Just google adult swim diaper. They are all lightweight PUL style pants. I'm not aware of any adult disposable ones.

I'm only urinary incontinent. How exactly does a swim diaper reduce flooding outside of the pool?

Quote Originally Posted by matt9615 View Post
    I'm only urinary incontinent. How exactly does a swim diaper reduce flooding outside of the pool?
    I'm sure he means that it just functions like a regular diaper while you're on dry land (out of the water). That way, you're not inadvertently peeing (leaking) onto the chair you're sitting on, or blanket, because the diaper will soak in the pee.

Gadget1982

I want to go swimming but I'm IC so what swim diaper should I get?
    Here is the one I use but I am both IC and works great for me. They are kinda spendy but work great.

http://www.sosecureproducts.com/inco...e-swim-diapers

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget1982 View Post
    Here is the one I use but I am both IC and works great for me. They are kinda spendy but work great.

http://www.sosecureproducts.com/inco...e-swim-diapers
    Ok. They look good and your right they are costly. How many swim diapers do you own? How many should I get?

Gadget1982

Ok. They look good and your right they are costly. How many swim diapers do you own? How many should I get?
    I have two of them myself. That way I have a clean one if needed for that day or if one is in the wash.

How often do you go swimming cause that will determine what you need?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget1982 View Post
    I have two of them myself. That way I have a clean one if needed for that day or if one is in the wash.

How often do you go swimming cause that will determine what you need?
    I'll probably go swimming 3-4 times a week.

Matt,

This has been discussed before but swim diapers are fecal containment systems not designed to hold urine. There are both reusable and disposable swim diapers.

IMHO the best reusable is the SoSecure swim diaper which is a true fecal containment system. Good disposable swim diapers are Swimmates and Swimsters. None of these swim diapers are designed to hold urine.

If you are IC, the best strategy is to plan to rush to the pool as quickly as possible to wet your swimsuit so no one will notice a leak. Upon leaving the pool you will need to rush to the changing room to avoid an accident.

--John
    (double incontinent and wearing 24/7)

Quote Originally Posted by jdinvirginia View Post
    Matt,

This has been discussed before but swim diapers are fecal containment systems not designed to hold urine. There are both reusable and disposable swim diapers.

IMHO the best reusable is the SoSecure swim diaper which is a true fecal containment system. Good disposable swim diapers are Swimmates and Swimsters. None of these swim diapers are designed to hold urine.

If you are IC, the best strategy is to plan to rush to the pool as quickly as possible to wet your swimsuit so no one will notice a leak. Upon leaving the pool you will need to rush to the changing room to avoid an accident.

--John
    (double incontinent and wearing 24/7)
    Since I'm only urinary incontinent does it make sense to get swim diapers? Is there some kind of protection I can wear in the pool that won't require me to rush back to the changing room to avoid an accident?