Just went 24 hours wearing for the first time and didn't like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinda

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I didn't like how I didn't feel free. I felt like the diapers were ruling me. Made it less special. Anyone else prefer one at a time?

Hm. I've always wanted to try going that long, but I never have. I didn't think about that though. "Ruling you" in what sense? (If you don't mind my asking).

I too am not a fan of over doing it. When I have worn for more than 12 hours, usually when driving cross country, it becomes more uncomfortable and less pleasurable for me at least.

Concern about losing the specialness was a big concern of mine for a long time. It was only recently that I think I got past it, which allowed me to do a long stretch of 24/7. I wasn't ever really concerned about diapers ruling me. That might be an appealing fantasy but that's not how it works, so no problems there. The loss of specialness led me to stop on earlier extended wearing stints but I found this time that as I went on further and further, the specialness of each individual diaper was successfully replaced with the specialness of this extended period. The duration itself and the projection of more was enough to keep it engaging.

Maybe this will be the only time I'll go that long but it seems like I could continue if I cared to. It was fun and I'm glad to be done with it. I'm getting back into my more regular swing of things. I've worn the last two weekends for social events and I expect this one as well (guess it's the busy season). I did a little over a day in each case and it was back to being more fun as something unusual than constant. It's just a different way of enjoying it.

I've only really been on one 24/7 bender and I was recovering from surgery which was the real limiting factor of my life. It was actually pretty nice because I was fading in and out all the time on the painkillers and the most unfortunate thing you'll ever do while zonked out on painkillers is get up, so the series of Bambino diapers taped onto me were great in that situation.

Other long periods have been so I wouldn't have to stop as often on road trips. So, it's more of a practical thing in those situations. I don't know if you actually save that much time by stopping only for gas and changing your diaper.

PetiteAbeille said:
Hm. I've always wanted to try going that long, but I never have. I didn't think about that though. "Ruling you" in what sense? (If you don't mind my asking).
I mean like, having to worry about when to change, having to remove it to go #2, and getting worried about disposal and smell. The belief that diapers are "convenient" only applies to a few situations.

kinda said:
I mean like, having to worry about when to change, having to remove it to go #2, and getting worried about disposal and smell. The belief that diapers are "convenient" only applies to a few situations.

I think I might time stopping every 2-3 hours to pee vs stopping every 6-7 to change my diaper to quantify whether or not it actually is more convenient.

Hmm, it takes time to get use to it, I was off for 4 days in row this past week and I was diapered 24/7 for 3 of them, it's all about trusting your products, I've found that I can use thicker diapers if I wear a onesie also, it kind of slims things down and holds everything together, yesterday I wore a dry 24/7 all day (day 3) and by then I was just taking small trickles because I was use to the diaper, my friend called and asked if I could go to there house for dinner, all I did was change into a dry diaper and I went, no big deal, was gone for 4 hours, in that time I would use my diaper as needed, when I got home I checked it and there was still more than enough capacity left.
I have found that when I'm alone I can just let loose and go, overtime the diaper just sags and get real soft and I know it's time to change, when I'm out in public every little trickle feels like a huge flood and your much more conscious to the additional weight or bulk and you feel leak potential way before it actually will occur

kinda said:

Oh, thats very true. If you get more out of them than convenience though, it could be worth it. I suppose it's whether what you get out of wearing them exceeds the limitations they place on you. Maybe 24 hours at home would feel different than 24 hours where the smell and having to find somewhere to change are issues.

Welcome to the world of the IC, where diapers are not a play toy... Yes they rule your life....

shortsub said:
Welcome to the world of the IC, where diapers are not a play toy... Yes they rule your life....

I have definitely gained an appreciation for my continence. Can't imagine having to deal with that for the rest of my life.

The idea of 24/7 does not appeal to me in the slightest, personally. Even after wearing a second consecutive diaper it usually feels forced. It's much more satisfying to do in moderation, one diaper at a time.

jeremyi said:
The idea of 24/7 does not appeal to me in the slightest, personally. Even after wearing a second consecutive diaper it usually feels forced. It's much more satisfying to do in moderation, one diaper at a time.

Wearing them 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, takes quite a bit of self discipline. It would probably be better for me to do away with regular underwear entirely so as to eliminate any confusion over which type of garment would suit me best during the day. If it is strictly the diapers, the choice is easy. I think one of the most difficult steps would be to let go and accept the fact that I have to wear diapers. Regular underwear is nice and convenient. I could go all day without having to worry about doing a swap. But there is always a price to pay for that. Because without the diapers, my functioning is noticeably lower. And it does not matter whether or not incontinence is involved. Usually, it's not. But I am on the autism spectrum, and have a sensory processing disorder that can make me very physically uncomfortable. To make things worse: Most people haven't a clue what it's like to live with it!

Thats what I've done, took all my 'normal' underwear put it in a bin bag and disposed of it months ago, leaving diapers/plastic pants as the sole attire in the underwear dept. it becomes second nature and I don't even think about any choice that may have existed in the past.

Aleakyboomboom!

ampelhamza said:
I think I might time stopping every 2-3 hours to pee vs stopping every 6-7 to change my diaper to quantify whether or not it actually is more convenient.

I have to stop every 1-2 hours when driving, or pretty much every rest area if traveling the interstate. I guess that makes me road trip IC and the diapers make it much more manageable.

But to the original point, yes, wearing 24/7 does become a chore. It's really no fun if you get some rash kicked up. I've gone up to a week a couple times, and I would like to try longer. I'm often torn between my bladder running my life while wearing regular underwear and diapers running my life but not having to desperately find a bathroom 17 times a day. I've been wearing every night for over 2 years now and that can feel forced, too, but I sleep a lot better when I don't have to get up 2 or 3 times.

While I thoroughly enjoy wearing 24/7, there are occasional times when it's not a smart choice, and I'm thankful I still have the option. I never get tired of it, I just run into cases where it's going to be a big hassel, high risk, uncomfortable, or unhealthy. So the briefs come out of the drawer for a few hours. (last time I had to go hunting for them! that was a bit surreal to think that somehow I was so completely into diapers that I'd gotten rid of all my regular underwear!)

But then the crisis passes, and I really look forward to coming home and changing back into my regular underwear. "Ahhhhh, that's much better, lets hope I don't have to do that again anytime soon!"

I went 24/7 for an entire month. Quite the experience. Nearly was caught by my nieces. Among everything though, they helped at my part time job when my boss refused to let me use the restroom. Never liked them (my boss) whatsoever.

I can only go 24/7 for a few days at a time. Usually on the weekends i'll go 24/7 and wear double diapers at night

I have gone through a weekend or 48+ hours with the exception of #2 for my own experience. Yes, you have to change to control odor and leakage. You deal with it as you need to. If you leak, you do the laundry. I respect what the people who experience IC must deal with. They deal with the experience everyday of their life. I guess it depends how real you want the experience to be and why you want to have it.

ah yes, well #2 is for between changes. That level of mess and inconvenience again just isn't a sensible choice for me. I'm gonna keep it enjoyable as much of the time as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back