around the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
because i'm down to the last of my diapers, and since i saved some money, i decided to order a new stash. i did the math and decided that 4 bags of diapers suits my budget perfectly.

but when i went to the only online pharmacy that sells good diapers, i found out that there's a limit to one bag of diapers per purchase. i sighed and placed an order for the most i could get.

then a few days later i recived an email from the pharmacy employee, saying that they don't have those diapers in stock, and asking if i want to wait two weeks for them to place an order from their supplier.

i stopped to think for a while and got an idea. i replied asking if it would be possible to order 4 bags of diapers because their website says there's a limit to one bag per purchase, and how inconvinient it is for me to wait two weeks every time i need a new bag of diapers.

half an hour later i recived a reply email. they said they can send me 4 bags of diapers if i wait two weeks. i got around those stupid rules :)

Something similar happened to me actually. On the site that i order from, it says you can only buy one 2-pack or one bag per customer of certain diapers (usually if they have a limited stock of them). But i tried to order as many as 3 2-packs (6 diapers), and they just shipped them. Maybe they forgot their own rules, or they just want to sell as much as possible. I buy 2-packs because i cant hide that many:/ Its pretty d**n expensive though:(

I think keeping stock and having supplies is a problem. I haven't been able to buy small Leakmaster plastic pants, high backs for awhile because they haven't been in stock. What gives!

EmanResu said:
Something similar happened to me actually. On the site that i order from, it says you can only buy one 2-pack or one bag per customer of certain diapers (usually if they have a limited stock of them). But i tried to order as many as 3 2-packs (6 diapers), and they just shipped them. Maybe they forgot their own rules, or they just want to sell as much as possible. I buy 2-packs because i cant hide that many:/ Its pretty d**n expensive though:(

Some do this to create the illusion of scarcity to drive up sales. Other times they're actually low on stock. Some of that time they're just low enough that they want to slow down sales a little bit so they don't run out before they get restocked, so they don't enforce what they say. Other times their cart software doesn't actually support limits, or the derp running the software can't figure out how to get it working that way.

So in summary, "it never hurts to try". The worst thing that can happen is they'll cancel your entire order (or all of them if placed separately) and you'll have to re-enter your orders. You're not out anything but a little bit of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back