Diaper Shipping Dillemas

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowTrees

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Anyone have any interesting shipping failures to share? Screw ups on either end can lead to some awkward situations. Unfortunately, I recently screwed up one of my diaper orders...

So yesterday, as I was going through my amazon stuff, I noticed I made a terrible mistake. I accidentally sent an order of diapers to my parents house! At first I panicked, but then I remembered the time of year. I told my aunt (who lives in the same house) I accidentally sent a package that may or may not be a present, and I was hoping she would drop it off when it came on her way to work, since she goes right by my house.

Unfortunately, my aunt is frustratingly clever, and I not so much. She just looked at me and asked, "Why not just leave it here? You'll be visiting again on the 23rd. You can wrap it then. Nobody will open it." I claimed I just wanted it ASAP so I could wrap it and be done with it. At which point another relative replied, "It's obviously for him." She said she'd do it anyway, but my plan kind of backfired in my face. (As a side note, I swear Amazon better not deviate from their standard discreet shipping, or I might go jump off a cliff.)

So... yeah. I hope that goes well.

FedEx store pickup has worked wonders for me in shipping dillemas.

i got one.

about 3 months ago, i ordered two packs of diapers from an online pharmacy, and had them sent to a nearby abandoned house, so i wouldn't have to risk a possibilty of getting them delivered to my house while one of my parents could be home and ask me about what i ordered. i pulled off an all nighter so i wouldn't oversleep and at 7am i was already at the abandoned house, waiting for the delivery guy. time went by and i was sitting there, smoking a cigarette and surfing the web on my phone to pass the time. then when i was around half way done with my cigarette, i hear a loud noise of the window blinds pulling up. turns out the house wasn't abandoned and someone was inside. i panicked, ran away and hid in the bushes behind the house not knowing what to do. i couldn't decide if i should wait in the bushes until the delivery van arrives and risk the housr owner seeing me and coming out, resulting jn an awkward situation, or if i should just go home. while i was thinking, i heard the delivery van pull over at the house. i ended up returning home empty handed.

and another one, which i'll keep short: i ordered a bunch of drynites online and when i got them delivered, i saw the delivery guy looking at some piece of paper taped to the box. later when i got the box in my room i looked at that paper and it said: huggies drynites girls diapers. it was a little awkward

The worst experience I ever had was ordering some very baby looking plastic pants from Fetware. One was blue, the other pink, and they had the Carousel baby animal prints on them. For some strange reason, the ordering software picked up our daughter's address from our computer, rather than our home address, and sure as sh*t, they were sent to her. Several days after ordering, we got this horrible phone call from her asking if I had ordered these strange baby plastic pants that were huge! My wife and I did some ridiculous creative lying and said that some company must have sent them to the wrong person, and that we'd send them back so we didn't get charged for something that...."we didn't order". Sometimes being an adult baby has it suckier moments.

I have had a couple semi awkward experiences. I bought a pack of I think 30 goodnites from groupon. According to the site, it said it was discreet. I went to pick it up at a ups facility and there was a sheet of paper taped to it that said "GIRLS GOODNITES UNDERWEAR" and still in the original box. My first case of diapers I had delivered directly to my house also said something about "briefs" on the side of the brown box.

Just a few weeks ago I had a delivery of Abena m4's from Amazon and, although it said discreet shipping, still arrived in the original box. While it didn't scream diapers, it did say Abr-form on it I believe. Now I'm at the point where I'm pretty whatever about it if it's people I don't know. But it can still be a bit of an adrenaline rush.

cuddlekitty46 said:
i got one.

about 3 months ago, i ordered two packs of diapers from an online pharmacy, and had them sent to a nearby abandoned house, so i wouldn't have to risk a possibilty of getting them delivered to my house while one of my parents could be home and ask me about what i ordered. i pulled off an all nighter so i wouldn't oversleep and at 7am i was already at the abandoned house, waiting for the delivery guy. time went by and i was sitting there, smoking a cigarette and surfing the web on my phone to pass the time. then when i was around half way done with my cigarette, i hear a loud noise of the window blinds pulling up. turns out the house wasn't abandoned and someone was inside. i panicked, ran away and hid in the bushes behind the house not knowing what to do. i couldn't decide if i should wait in the bushes until the delivery van arrives and risk the housr owner seeing me and coming out, resulting jn an awkward situation, or if i should just go home. while i was thinking, i heard the delivery van pull over at the house. i ended up returning home empty handed.
Oh my gosh, that's a heck of a backfire! Did the person just move in, or were they a squatter, I wonder?
dogboy said:
The worst experience I ever had was ordering some very baby looking plastic pants from Fetware. One was blue, the other pink, and they had the Carousel baby animal prints on them. For some strange reason, the ordering software picked up our daughter's address from our computer, rather than our home address, and sure as sh*t, they were sent to her. Several days after ordering, we got this horrible phone call from her asking if I had ordered these strange baby plastic pants that were huge! My wife and I did some ridiculous creative lying and said that some company must have sent them to the wrong person, and that we'd send them back so we didn't get charged for something that...."we didn't order". Sometimes being an adult baby has it suckier moments.
I hope she believed you! I've discovered over the years that I'm a terrible liar. I probably couldn't pull that off.
disneygeek said:
Now I'm at the point where I'm pretty whatever about it if it's people I don't know. But it can still be a bit of an adrenaline rush.
Yeah, I've gotten to a similar point. I live in an apartment where all the residents' mail is just left at the door. If I had gotten really nosy neighbors, I wouldn't be surprised if they figured out I order diapers now and again. But eh, I barley know em, and I won't be around for long.

A few years ago I moved back to London on my own from Portsmouth where we had moved as a family a few years before. My card was registered to my parents house and I accidentally swapped the billing and shipping addresses when I placed quite a big order and didn't realise until I got the text message from DPD saying your driver is enroute and 12 stops away. So I got in the car, and somehow didn't die, or have my licence taken away for me for speeding, and completed the normally hour and a half journey from Wimbledon to Portsmouth in about 40 minutes to intercept the parcel. The adrenaline was flowing!

Ups delievered a case of Abu sdk's to my neighbors house, they opened it and then called me wondering why they have a case of big pampers sittIng on there deck.

pampers4U said:
Ups delievered a case of Abu sdk's to my neighbors house, they opened it and then called me wondering why they have a case of big pampers sittIng on there deck.

Why did they get delivered to your neighbors?

next time have the depot hold them. you have nosey neighbors, they shouldn't be opening unexpected deliveries not addressed to them.

Ups delievered to the right house # wrong street, unfortunately I live in a pretty rural area and the ups facility is about an hour from my residence. Ups has also delivered other things to the same neighbors that were mine, I have called each time to complain, the last time I made the driver go back to the house and deliever it to my house, hopefully that will instill a good memory of my address vs the other wrong address

pampers4U said:

Yikes, that sounds awkward. I'm always a little nervous about stuff getting delivered while I'm not home (and having my roommate find it) so if it's ever in question I make sure to hold it at a pickup place. I'd rather go through slight awkwardness with the postal worker than my roommate.

All of these stories are my worst nightmare... and why I've held off from online ordering.

Luckily my biggest shipping mess up didn't end in disaster. It was the first case I ordered from Dry 27/4. I had it all planned out I had a window of opportunity where my parents would be asleep and at work and I knew how long it would take to ship to me. However a day or so after I got the tracking number I looked it up to find a notice that all packages near NY were delayed. I forget if it was snow related or it may have been one of the major hurricanes that hit this area. I spent a week freaking out stalking that tracking number trying to figure out what I was going to do. It was already in Fedex? hands so I couldn't just cancel it with Dry24/7. But I had no way of controlling the situation either. Luckily it still arrived on a day where my parents were asleep/at work and I left school everyday for lunch so I just made a quick detour home to throw the package in my trunk before catching up with my friends for lunch.

I usually ship to work. I am the receiver and usually the only one touching the packages. One day I was out, and my boss covered for me. The next morning when I got to work, there was a box from the "old" ABU on my desk, which was addressed to me, at my work address. It was opened. So, obviously my boss knew they were diapers, addressed to me, but she never said anything :)

When I ordered some Pampers from the US just over 2 months ago my parents were originally going away for the weekend it was supposed to arrive then they changed. Luckily UPS offer to deliver on another day or deliver at a local pickup point which I was able to do.

Worst ones for me are when companies put DIAPERS on the customs label.
Had that happen once, and my flatmates picked up the box. Doh!

I had a full box of Molicares delivered - In their original box- and the box was ripped. No hiding what was in that one, but I got to it first ;)

TBH a lot of these stories make me shudder. One advantage to living alone I guess. Closest to this I get is my neighbor occasionally asking me what's in the big boxes I keep getting delivered from time to time.

I've never had any problems with shipping, but I plan meticulously and order infrequently and in large amounts to reduce the number of deliveries and get better rates by ordering cases. If you have the cash and a large enough hiding place for your stash, large orders are the way to go.

I've got one. It was my first time ordering diapers, so I was super nervous. I ordered a few sample packs and chose expedited shipping. I thought it would arrive the next day, and had planned to intercept the package while my parents were at work. But it actually arrived the day after I had planned and my dad had to sign for it! Luckily, I was able to pass it off as something uninteresting, but it sure got my adrenaline flowing!

I ordered a box of molicare from northshore. I purposely went in to work late the day they arrived, hoping to catch the delivery (FedEx usually comes by early). They didn't show and I couldn't wait any longer, so I left for work. Came home to find that my sister had accepted the package, and that it had been pretty beat up in transit and 90% of the tape had ripped. It was pretty easy to pull back a flap and see partially inside, though luckily the side of the diaper package visible didn't look particular obvious.

My sister never said anything about it so she either wasn't in a nosey mood that day, was nosey but didn't know what she saw, or figured it out but was too awkward to bring it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back