Status
Not open for further replies.

littleabjames

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi I want to know what would be a good number of cloth diapers to start off with

I would purchase just one cloth diaper, one plastic pant and some diaper pins and see if you like it.

If you don't like it, you haven't wasted money.

If you do like it, then the number to get will depend on how often you wear cloth diapers and how often you are able to wash them and whether you will wash your diapers with other laundry or by themselves.

I think Baby Denise has great advice..... I get by with 8 cloth diapers, but I wash regularly ....

does anyone know a good place to buy them cheep or just to buy the material to make them

- - - Updated - - -

is it cheeper to buy the fambric and make them myself or to buy the cloth diapers pre made

Buy one (or more) pre-manufactured. You'll eliminate a lot of variables that way; all you'll need to worry about is the fold, which can be somewhat complex.

Number of inners used in a day X number of days between washes, + 2 inners just in case is a good rule of thumb. For example, 4 inners a day, X every 2 days = 8 + 2 = 10

If you go with AIOs (all in ones), everything is one and done, but drying time suffers. The concept I like best, and will probably use when I sew mine, is the AI2, where the absorbent inner snaps into the PUL cover. I like this concept because I could get by on 10 to 14 inners, and 5 to 7 covers. Just rinse and reuse the cover. I might rig mine so I can snap several inners atop one another to boost absorbency. Also, if desired, it's possible to do the prefold and cover method with the same covers you already use in the AI2 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back