Nursery

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBoyToby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Does anyone here have any recommendations as far as having a nursery goes? I'm in the process of buying a house and it will have 4 bedrooms. I will have my bedroom, office and guest bedroom as I do now, but I don't have any use for the 4th bedroom and was considering doing some sort of nursery, however I have concerns as far as having visitors goes. For those that have nurseries do you have visitors often? How do you handle those situations? I understand that I could obviously just put a lock on the door, but when my dad comes up to visit and we do various projects around the house, he is going to get suspicious about why I'm so secretive about a single room. I also think it could be odd when giving quick house tours to people who want to see my place.

Any advice? Thanks all!

Last edited:
BabyBoyToby said:
Does anyone here have any recommendations as far as having a nursery goes? I'm in the process of buying a house and it will have 4 bedrooms. I will have my bedroom, officer and guest bedroom as I do now, but I don't have any use for the 4th bedroom and was considering doing some sort of nursery, however I have concerns as far as having visitors goes. For those that have nurseries do you have visitors often? How do you handle those situations? I understand that I could obviously just put a lock on the door, but when my dad comes up to visit and we do various projects around the house, he is going to get suspicious about why I'm so secretive about a single room. I also think it could be odd when giving quick house tours to people who want to see my place.

Any advice? Thanks all!

I think there's only one solution here, and that's to have a portable nursery, so to speak. I don't know if you want a crib, but perhaps a single bed with sides that can be put around the bed, and then taken down and hidden somewhere. Pictures can come off the wall, and bedding can change, from childish to adult.

I have family come over all the time, and today while I was napping, my son came to the house to borrow my roller cart because he had a heavy desk to move. I keep it in the basement where I also hang my wet cloth diapers to dry. I don't see how he could have missed them unless he didn't look at them too closely, hoping he thought they were rags. Sometimes, you just get caught with all your baby stuff, which isn't fun.

Does your house have an attic that's easily accessible? That might be another place to make nursery.

It's technically like a 1.5 story home. 2 bedrooms are where the attic would be. Good thoughts on having the convertible crib. Could put a lock on the door for unanticipated visits, and when I know I'm going to have people over that I may want to show around, I can just convert it back to a normal room and leave the door open.

I'd suggest a couple things. One, there are ways to make something nursery-esque without being too obvious. Maybe put dinosaur wallpaper on the upstairs room for example. Anything that's childish while also being something an adult could like. It's your house, you're allowed to put whatever you want on the walls, no shame. Then you can have stuff like a crib that can be put up and taken down, so you don't have to have that around for anyone to see. You could also use that room for diaper storage (a locked trunk perhaps) and baby clothes storage (also trunk or just in a chest of drawers). You could also put a few stuffed animals around such a room or other toys as decorations.

Thanks for the advice ArchieRoni. I don't think I could do wallpaper without catching some flak, but I think I could do some nursery pictures and use those velcro-like command strips and just switch the nursery art out for some adult art when needed. And I can always just move the stuffed animals out as needed. The more I think about it, I could probably just double up my guest room as a nursery and just switch it around as needed. I guess that doesn't answer what to do with the 4th bedroom though lol.

BabyBoyToby said:
Thanks for the advice ArchieRoni. I don't think I could do wallpaper without catching some flak, but I think I could do some nursery pictures and use those velcro-like command strips and just switch the nursery art out for some adult art when needed. And I can always just move the stuffed animals out as needed. The more I think about it, I could probably just double up my guest room as a nursery and just switch it around as needed. I guess that doesn't answer what to do with the 4th bedroom though lol.

Easy answer: playroom.

ArchieRoni said:
Easy answer: playroom.

I like where your head's at :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back