Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexTurnerIII

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I had been wearing 24/7 for a couple months. My parents came to town for a little while, meaning I couldn't wear for a week.

Now: Since I stopped wearing, every-time I have to go, it is instant and VERY urgent. One time this week, I had a accident because I did not know i had to go to the restroom until it was too late. Could this be caused by wearing 24/7?

I can believe it. I've never gone 24x7, but I have worn all day for several days in a row, and that proved to be quite long enough for me to acclimate to diapers. After returning to underwear, I several times caught myself about to wet my pants. It wasn't wholly subconscious, but it was pretty close! So I can very much believe that, following several months of continuous diaper-wearing, one would need to be careful.

Note said:
Quite possibly. Some develope Urge Incontinence from wearing 24/7 where the bladder shrinks and the muscles that control urination become more weaker.

Dang! That's not good!

SuperiorPenguin said:
I had been wearing 24/7 for a couple months. My parents came to town for a little while, meaning I couldn't wear for a week.

Now: Since I stopped wearing, every-time I have to go, it is instant and VERY urgent. One time this week, I had a accident because I did not know i had to go to the restroom until it was too late. Could this be caused by wearing 24/7?
It's nothing permanent, all you have to do is retrain yourself. It's developing precontinence (not incontinence) by wearing 24/7. Just like a toddler going through potty training, you'll have to train yourself again and develop bladder capacity and reduce dependence once again.

Note said:
Like I have already said, practising this fetish has it's darkside.

If it is a result of wearing 24/7 I'd advise to wear less and make an effort to hold more often. Gradually those control muscles will build back up.

Are you male or female? If you're female you can do pelvic exercises that might help.

I'm male.

As I stated before for me I would not call it a fetish, as that relates to a sexual desire, If you take the definition of Fetish: "a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc."

Lifestyle or hobby would be closer to the correct definition. For me it has no sexual desire or aspects wrapped up in it. Though I do understand what you mean

- - - Updated - - -

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
It's nothing permanent, all you have to do is retrain yourself. It's developing precontinence (not incontinence) by wearing 24/7. Just like a toddler going through potty training, you'll have to train yourself again and develop bladder capacity and reduce dependence once again.

Understood.

Note said:
You can call it a "lifestyle or "hobby" as much as you like, I fall into those categories myself, but it is still, in essence, a fetish. There is such a thing as non-sexual fetishism too.

Gotcha.

It's like when you do anything over and over you eventually do it subconsciously, be careful!

CookieMonstah said:
It's like when you do anything over and over you eventually do it subconsciously, be careful!

I guess! To bad I have to stop. Or possibly make it worse!

SuperiorPenguin said:
I guess! To bad I have to stop. Or possibly make it worse!

That might be a good idea, last thing you would want to do is make it worse.
i actually was considering 24/7, but after reading this im a bit mixed about it.

santa22 said:
That might be a good idea, last thing you would want to do is make it worse.
i actually was considering 24/7, but after reading this im a bit mixed about it.

It is sooo good while your going 24/7. I am tempted to just ignore the signs and keep going! I am diapered 24/7 anyway!

Note said:
You can... or you can appreciate the implications other IC's here have to deal with on a daily basis. Personally I think it's a little irresponsible if you have a choice. But each to their own...

I think that thought process is a little to our there. Think a little more inside the bubble, it has no effect on anyone but me. If it only effects me, I don't have to think or care about anyone else. Because... wait for it.. it doesn't effect them.

What you said is along the same lines as: "Don't eat cake. Think about all the diabetics out there."

Note said:
If you're willing to risk becoming more incontinent I am not arguing that, merely pointing out that there will be complications later on in life. Many here that have dealt with IC throughout the duration of their life would gladly be continent again if they could. Whichever choice you make, I wish you the best...

I don't think it works that way, not at my age at least. If I stopped, yeah it'd be a little like potty training again, but my muscle are strong enough to re-grow/heal. It might be different it I was per se, in my 40s. I am already retired. What do I really got to lose? That said, my rational part of my brain will probably kick in and not let me do it.

This is not about wearing all the time, it's about how you wear all the time. If you went to the toilet every time you felt the least pressure, you'd lose capacity over time. Conversely, when I wear, I hold just the same and release consciously. I experience no loss in capacity or control because it's no different. Personally, I found constant bladder relaxation too much work and it's not important to the reasons I wear. After six months in diapers, I didn't miss a beat going back to underpants.

You don't have to stop wearing to keep yourself from having accidents, After I discovered a similar 'lack of capacity' after wearing for a while I started holding it while wearing to train my body that even though I'm wearing a diaper I have to permit myself to go. I've found that my subconscious mind can determine weather or not my conscious mind wants to have less capacity or not (Thats an example) You can sort of train your body to know based on how you're feeling if you're just wearing to wear or if you're wearing to use.

AddyShadows said:
You don't have to stop wearing to keep yourself from having accidents, After I discovered a similar 'lack of capacity' after wearing for a while I started holding it while wearing to train my body that even though I'm wearing a diaper I have to permit myself to go. I've found that my subconscious mind can determine weather or not my conscious mind wants to have less capacity or not (Thats an example) You can sort of train your body to know based on how you're feeling if you're just wearing to wear or if you're wearing to use.

Thanks for the info! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back