Does putting a new diaper cause you to instantly wet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortsub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Now granted, I am an incontinent diaper wearer. But it just freaks me out that after changing into a nice clean dry diaper, my bladder, with a mind of its own, often wants to claim the diaper immediately.

Perhaps it is because i relax knowing I am protected? Is this something others have experienced?

Occasionally yes. I do notice sometimes that a few minutes after changing that there's a bit of damp but I usually empty out my bladder before changing though.

It's happened to me a few times as well. I would be putting on a new diaper and feel nothing from my bladder, then boom! I for some reason feel like using the bathroom. I try and hold it but the inevitable eventually happens, and I just use it. Because, hey that's what diapers are for. So I figured since it's wet I'll just change and be done with it. Then from then on I know I'll be good for a while.

usually yes, a fresh diaper lasts about 10-20 mins. sometimes not even that, then my bladder claimes the new diaper too - and there I am, in another wet diaper.
Well, that's why I need diapers in the first place.......sudden urges and my bladder just letting lose

I have found that to even after peeing in the toilet mid change but that's the nature of an OAB I have no idea when it's going to release.

That happens to me all the time. It would be nice to spend some time in a dry diaper.

Happens sometimes for me as well. Course, the worse part for me is, the time I first changed in my college dorm's bathroom, it happened. Luckily the guys in the other areas of the bathroom were blasting their music.

This was a question I had thought about asking, but you beat me to it! I have been wondering if this happens to anyone else. More often than not I can pee in the toilet, then put on a fresh diaper two minutes later and my brain tells my bladder "incoming, fresh diaper alert... fresh diaper alert, he just taped it on, release the reserve pee now!". I probably would look crazy talking to myself and the fresh diaper, if anyone was watching me "No, I just put this on, we are not wetting it yet, you have to wait!". I just used the toilet, what the hell is going on here? Most of the time I hold it in and since it's "reserve" pee the feeling goes away in a few seconds and my diaper stays dry for a little while longer.

Sometimes I get this, even if it's only a little, I usually empty my bladder before wearing a diaper so I can use it to full capacity but then about 5 minutes later I have to go again

Nope. I often wear dry for hours before the urge to go hits.

I have had it happen to me, also. Sometimes when I drink some coffee right after I change, 3 to 5 minutes later I am wet.

It does for me when I'm getting ready to go to bed and sleep. Because I've been sitting in bed and drinking my cranberry juice and ginger ale, I think the change between laying down and suddenly standing has an affect. I have urge incontinence and I begin to have diminished control under these circumstances. I'm planning on waking up wet anyway, so it's no big deal.

Well, I often wait until I have to go before I change into a diaper, so frequently I do put one on and then wet it almost immediately. If I just diaper up for an evening just normally or after I've used the potty, typically I'll stay dry for a while. I've also noticed though that if I drink more than two full glasses of water at once, I have trouble staying dry for more than an hour or so.

I'm not IC, and don't therefore accidentally lose control, but as soon as I put a diaper on I have increased urges to use it. There's been a lot of times that I've either bought or made a diaper, and have had only a mild urge to urinate, and I've put my new diaper on and thought to myself "I'll wear this for a while before using it," and within minutes my bladder suddenly feels incredibly full and my need becomes suddenly urgent!

It must be a psychological thing for me that as soon as I have one on, my mind starts telling my body to use it. Which I usually do......

It's more prevalent for the first one though. After that it doesn't seem to be such an issue. But I find that when wearing one I am much more aware of my need to pee, and can easily use my nappy without trying too hard.

I experience the same thing, my urology has me cathing 5 x'so a day which is also about the number of changes a day because it's good to put on a dry one,but just like a male dog even after catching and massaging my Bladder to let it all out there's more every time the new diaper goes on my Bladder has to christen it! I must have one he'll of a big Bladder though because even draining that thing five times a day I still wet my diapers.

How about this one anybody else automaticly pee whenever they go out in the cold in the winter? My Bladder always let's some lose as soon as the cold hits me.

Tetra said:
How about this one anybody else automaticly pee whenever they go out in the cold in the winter? My Bladder always let's some lose as soon as the cold hits me.

This happens to me as well. Tetra, I cath several times a day as well, yet can not be confident to not use some sort of diaper or pad in-between. At the same time, I appreciate the cathing process as it cuts down on the number of diapers. I use a cloth PUL system that has snaps as it allows me the access to cath without destroying taped diapers.

shortsub said:
Now granted, I am an incontinent diaper wearer. But it just freaks me out that after changing into a nice clean dry diaper, my bladder, with a mind of its own, often wants to claim the diaper immediately.

If you have any authority over your bladder. you should really try to empty out just before changing or while you are between diapers during your change.

Oddly enough I tend to find the opposite - if I feel a little urgency, and then diaper up, that urgency usually disappears for at least awhile. For me it's more like my body is "ok, I guess this isn't important anymore since we can now safely release anytime, we'll get back with you later"

This happens to be all the time. As soon as I start putting on a diaper out comes some pee.

This happens to me sometimes, it's not always an immediate thing, but I usually get an urge not very long after putting a new one on.

I put dry one no 2.5 hours ago and still dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back