The new DC Idyl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honeywell6180

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I am not sure if anybody has tried these yet: http://diaperconn.com/product.php?id_product=60

I like the fact that they are a blue color, but they appear a bit of a louder, darker blue than the ABU Space diapers.

So, what do you all think?

Well??? Is there any interest? Or, shall I delete this and just wait for a review?

Last edited:
Give us some time to mull this over; this isn't facebook you know...

Looks like a wonderful addition to the lineup.

I think they are too flashy for me. The shiny blue is kind of a turn off for me.

I'm thinking that a lighter pastel blue would be far better. Even opting for blue "oxford stripes" like what used to be on the old Luvs would really do the trick.

These do not appear to have actually released yet. There was a previous thread announcing them by jeremyi of DC.

We do have a review of the DC Amor. I can't claim to have personally tried them myself, but the review is mostly positive, other than noting that the color appeared to rub off on clothing and that a tape didn't hold. The DC Idyll page claims that it makes some improvements, including better tapes.

I put in an order for a case of the Amors. At this point, I am looking for a replacement for the unobtainable Rearz Spoiled diapers. The Amors are about the closest I've looked at, as far as photos are concerned. Their packaging looks nice, and does not mince words. I hate these garments being called a "brief" when a true brief is made by Fruit of the Loom of thin cotton knit. Although today, Pampers and Luvs would probably qualify as a brief because they are so thin.

Anyway. I am hoping for the best with the Amors. I've seen colors transfer out of other products too, even Goodnites. So, maybe that wouldn't be something new to me. It would be better to have the plastic all a single light pink, rather than trying to silk screen the design on the plastic. Then there's no possibility of a color transfer. I suppose we'll have to be happy with what we got. Of main importance is their performance. I have yet to see anything that can match a Bellissimo, which I consider the one product that others are to be measured by. Dry 24/7 comes in at a close second, as long as that company does NOT try to thin them down.

I also have an order coming from Aww So Cute. That one may work as well, or hopefully better than the Bellissimos. With no color transfer. They are also quite attractive

The taping panel is very cute, but the blue colour is awful. Would be much nicer on a crisp white diaper.

I loaded that page and I had an involuntary reaction of mild disgust at how flashy that blue is. Not buying that one, no sir.

I would have to agree with most of the other posts, lighten up the blue, and it would look a lot better. They could even put the clouds over the rest of the diaper for an all over printed diaper, that might be kinda neat too

I don't like dark colored diapers either. Light blue or pastel wouldn't be bad, but nothing beats crinkly white plastic. I love being able to see the telltale yellow after I've peed.

In all honesty, even I was a little shocked by how deep blue these came out. I had entrusted the print factory with getting the prints perfect this time since they did so well with the Amor, but in all future editions of diapers I'll be working very closely with them to ensure the prints stay true to the original design. The blue will certainly lighten up in the future :biggrin:

That said, these diapers are fantastic. Certainly the best I've made so far as far as functionality. I'm considering holding a sale on these ones... :)

Well, Jeremi: If those Amor's I ordered work for me and my disability, and you have these blue ones on sale for a good price, I may consider buying some, then waiting for the lighter pastels to come in. I would strongly prefer a diaper that is actually a bluish off-white, with the taping panel like the one you currently have. I believe there are many others who feel the same. It could be a winner once you get everything right, including a baby powder scent!

I agree that the blue color is way to dark. Baby blue would work perfectly. Even the Space diaper blue would work. But this is a terrible color. The old blue Attends would work as well.

that's some impressive "electric blue" there. (or maybe "dayglow blue"?") But for thick diapers I'll be wearing overnight, color is a bit less relevent to me. I would probably prefer electric blue over the pink of the kittens honestly, all other fators being equal. From what Jeremy says these are better peformers than the kittens - how so? I've found nothing lacking in them personally. The kitten's tapes aren't high end but overnight I wear a bit loose anyway and the tapes have never failed me. I love the supersoft liner, and if anything they may absorb and wick too fast/well. I woke up this morning expecting to be soaked far into the back but nope, the back was completely dry but the middle and front where greatly swollen. It never got the chance to get to the back...

jeremyi said:
In all honesty, even I was a little shocked by how deep blue these came out. I had entrusted the print factory with getting the prints perfect this time since they did so well with the Amor, but in all future editions of diapers I'll be working very closely with them to ensure the prints stay true to the original design. The blue will certainly lighten up in the future :biggrin:

That said, these diapers are fantastic. Certainly the best I've made so far as far as functionality. I'm considering holding a sale on these ones... :)

How are these improved functionally?

Is this diaper for both genders? I heard the Amors where exclusivly for females. bms

bringmesunshine said:
Is this diaper for both genders? I heard the Amors where exclusivly for females. bms
That's just the pink vs blue gender stereotyping. It has nothing to do with the construction of the diaper. (like some baby diapers where they have slightly thicker padding "in the middle for girls, up front for boys") It's a gimmick anyway, there's very little difference between a guy pointed down and a girl, as far as the entrypoint of liquids is concerned.

But just as some will prefer a diaper with a more "babyish" appearance rather than a "medical" look, some will prefer pink or blue. Currently all we have for pink really is DC Amore's regular and kitten for pink, or Tykables overnights for blue. There are quite a few baby and kid themes to choose from too, which is really not too far off track.

I'll give the neon blue's a try when t're available.

BouncyBoy said:
How are these improved functionally?

The tapes have been widened and are much stronger now. Also the overall weight and absorbency has been increased, mostly in the frontal area. The Amor weighs 200g each, the Idyl weighs 210g.

bringmesunshine said:

Not at all! These diapers are just meant to be an homage/reminiscence of the older style baby diapers from back in the day. However there are small tweaks on each diaper that make them geared toward a respective gender's fit. Amors have tapes higher up, closer together to accommodate wider hips and have a narrower more feminine waistband. The Idyl has a wider waistband and added protection in the frontal area. The tapes are also slightly further apart from each other, and wider. Anyone can wear either one! It all depends on your taste.

It looks like these are totally out of stock now? I get the red out of stock warning on all four quantity options for both sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back