Leaving an exposed diaper in a public restroom trash can?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being incontinent there are many times I have to change when I am out. Yesterday I had to change twice while out. Both times, I just put my wet diaper in the trash. Like many others have said, it's best if you can use a plastic bag so that it's more sanitary for the one taking the trash out. If for some reason I am messy, they will always go into plastic bags. If there isn't a place to throw my diaper away, I will take it with me, so that it's not just lying around on the floor for someone else to deal with. Being respectful of others is very important. When those that are not respectful about their adult diaper wearing/using, it makes it harder on those of us that are incontinent, it gives all of us a bad name, reputation.

Akastus said:
If you have something to carry a fresh nappy in, why not carry a plastic bag as well?

Thats true. I've just never thought about that it might be rude until recently, so i've never thought of bringing bags.

Lol a little bit, but 2nd half of 8 and 9 were my concerns.
I do dispose of my diaper appropriately but I'm not going to waste paper towels to cover the diaper up, nor will I touch other people's trash. Gross.

personnaly, i make sure to use an odor proof bag when i leave one in a public can, and i always cover it, just because i enjoy diapers dosn't mean that i get to inconvenience others. it's just polite.

I don't know about elsewhere but in the UK if you use a disabled toilet ( which is normally a baby change area as well) there is a yellow bin that is for contaminated waste - I shove it in there -

On the odd time I can't use this then wrap it up - and put in bin - normally they contain a liner which is just pulled out and dumped when full

I haven't really thought about this either. I just wrap the used diaper up and stuff it into the can. It would be rude to leave it in the stall.. But that would be another topic.

Do you wear those shoulder length gloves to "shove" your diaper in the can?

I save money but just throwing it in and letting the weight of the SAP take it to the bottom. LOL

I would think the plastic bag would be more or less for discretionary purposes. If you can't find a single person bathroom and you're forced to change in a restroom with multiple stalls, the plastic bag gives you just a teensy bit more privacy than taking the diaper out by hand and tossing it in the trash, which could typically be located near the door, or near the sinks.

I think if you roll up your used (not messy) diaper and just put it into a trash can everything should be fine. A messy one should placed in nappy sack or any plastic bag. Leaving a used diaper inside a stall is impolite in my opinion.

NateSean said:
If you can't find a single person bathroom and you're forced to change in a restroom with multiple stalls, the plastic bag gives you just a teensy bit more privacy than taking the diaper out by hand and tossing it in the trash, which could typically be located near the door, or near the sinks.

Where i live basically all restrooms are seperate (no stalls) and have a trash can inside, so that's not a problem:) I wouldn't dare taking a diaper without a bag out of a stall though:/

I went to bronycon this year (unpadded) and visited the restroom by the dancefloor. whenever i went to throw my paper towel away, there was a used wet adult diaper laying right on top of all the trash (in the can though) unbagged and for all to see. For the next 10 minutes thereafter my mission was to locate the individual, just because i wanted to connect with them. I must've been dreaming to think that it would've been possible, and then to do so without bringing attention to either of us. Mission Failure... it took me a while to even conceive the thought that it may have belonged to someone who was IC. I felt stupid, and maybe even slightly humiliated. Mission Success would've been the greatest thing ever though. I guess what im saying is that seeing a used adult diaper in the trash was a major distraction, albeit a welcome one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back