Possible allergic reaction to tena products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
When ever I use Tena products I instantly get bum rash on my first wetting! I have no problem with any other products just Tena! Why could this be?

Yolandi said:
When ever I use Tena products I instantly get bum rash on my first wetting! I have no problem with any other products just Tena! Why could this be?

You're probaby reacting to something in the diaper, that's only able to get at your skin when it gets wet. Maybe their specific sap or something like an odor-reducing or ph balancing addative they have in the padding. The top sheet keeps it from contacting your skin until your urine liquifies it and it can cross over and start irritating your skin. (if that's the case, there's really no fix for it, change brands)

bambinod said:
You're probaby reacting to something in the diaper, that's only able to get at your skin when it gets wet. Maybe their specific sap or something like an odor-reducing or ph balancing addative they have in the padding. The top sheet keeps it from contacting your skin until your urine liquifies it and it can cross over and start irritating your skin. (if that's the case, there's really no fix for it, change brands)

Sounds like a plausible explanation! Thank you sweetie! It's really frustrating!

bambinod said:

Yeah that sound the most plausible to me, other than that it could be a slightly different material. I know people can be allergic to fabrics.

SuperiorPenguin said:
Yeah that sound the most plausible to me, other than that it could be a slightly different material. I know people can be allergic to fabrics.

I've had the problem with Tena slip & now the same problem with these new pullups! grrr!

Yolandi said:
I've had the problem with Tena slip & now the same problem with these new pullups! grrr!

It sounds like bambinod is probably right! I'm sorry!!

You're using baby powder when you pad up, right?

zipperless said:
You're using baby powder when you pad up, right?

Not always! Could that be a problem?

Yes! The acid in the urine can irritate skin. Use powder or diaper cream before and after. As much as we like to, try not to stay in a wet one too long. ;)

zipperless said:
Yes! The acid in the urine can irritate skin. Use powder or diaper cream before and after. As much as we like to, try not to stay in a wet one too long. ;)

I've never had a problem with any other products! but I'll give what you said a try. Thanks sweetie!

Anytime! That's what we're here for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back