Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible allergic reaction to tena products

Default Possible allergic reaction to tena products

When ever I use Tena products I instantly get bum rash on my first wetting! I have no problem with any other products just Tena! Why could this be?

Quote Originally Posted by Yolandi View Post
    When ever I use Tena products I instantly get bum rash on my first wetting! I have no problem with any other products just Tena! Why could this be?
    You're probaby reacting to something in the diaper, that's only able to get at your skin when it gets wet. Maybe their specific sap or something like an odor-reducing or ph balancing addative they have in the padding. The top sheet keeps it from contacting your skin until your urine liquifies it and it can cross over and start irritating your skin. (if that's the case, there's really no fix for it, change brands)

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    You're probaby reacting to something in the diaper, that's only able to get at your skin when it gets wet. Maybe their specific sap or something like an odor-reducing or ph balancing addative they have in the padding. The top sheet keeps it from contacting your skin until your urine liquifies it and it can cross over and start irritating your skin. (if that's the case, there's really no fix for it, change brands)
    Sounds like a plausible explanation! Thank you sweetie! It's really frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Yeah that sound the most plausible to me, other than that it could be a slightly different material. I know people can be allergic to fabrics.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorPenguin View Post
    Yeah that sound the most plausible to me, other than that it could be a slightly different material. I know people can be allergic to fabrics.
    I've had the problem with Tena slip & now the same problem with these new pullups! grrr!

Quote Originally Posted by Yolandi View Post
    I've had the problem with Tena slip & now the same problem with these new pullups! grrr!
    It sounds like bambinod is probably right! I'm sorry!!

You're using baby powder when you pad up, right?

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    You're using baby powder when you pad up, right?
    Not always! Could that be a problem?

Yes! The acid in the urine can irritate skin. Use powder or diaper cream before and after. As much as we like to, try not to stay in a wet one too long.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Yes! The acid in the urine can irritate skin. Use powder or diaper cream before and after. As much as we like to, try not to stay in a wet one too long.
    I've never had a problem with any other products! but I'll give what you said a try. Thanks sweetie!