Do AB/DL munches/parties/services discriminate against the bowel incontinence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
The ABC club in London doesn't allow messy diapers and Nanny Alice nursery doesn't allow it either. Also I have heard about adult baby daycare in the UK and they also don't allow messy diapers. I have never noticed this with any AB/DL munches in my area so is it a UK thing or do any ABDL groups and services in the USA also not allow messy diapers?

How do you with bowel IC feel about all this and have you still gone to any of these that didn't allow messy diapers? Did they make any acceptions with you because of your medical condition?

They might make an exception if you were IC, I think they're just trying to drive out the more fetish-orientated people or those just focused on diapers etc. or maybe they just don't want to deal with messy diapers ;)

You can pay extra at nurseries, such as nursery-thymes.com, for messy changes but I don't have a clue about munches

Most munches and groups I've seen in the USA don't allow this, I don't think is UK specific

In a public setting as a munch most person's dont want the smell of a messy diaper.
Of course if your IC there should be an exception in the rules.

Every munch and party I've been to had a no messing rule, including the ones solely for ABDLs. It's not just in the UK and is the standard for nearly all munches and parties. The rule is primarily put in place for all the ABDLs who don't want to smell the ABDLs who do mess since the smell is problematic. If you're Bowel IC, I'm guessing you could talk and explain your condition and hopefully they'll be understanding and accommodating.

Most places if not all would make an exception for real IC people who want to attend, they would have to clean up right away as normal and not stay in a messy diaper. If they refused to allow a truly IC guest then they would be open to discrimination charges in most country's.

I have seen a few adds for a couple of conventions that clearly state no soiled diapers (messy) but do allow for IC guests to quietly change.

Here's the thing, if you are truely incontinent you most likely cannot help that you mess, and you liekly will be able to take care of the change yourself, and won't want to stay messy that long. With that being said, fecal mater carries tons of bacteria and diseases, so forgive others if they don't want to be exposed to your poo.

The point of these rules in most cases is to avoid creating an uncomfortable situation in public and/or for everyone else in the space.

They aren't meant to discriminate against people with legitimate medical issues, and I would expect most to be willing to make exceptions for such.

This question arose with one of the potential attendees of an ADISC meet I held. I made it clear that it was not to discriminate against fecal incontinence. Unless it's part of your scene, you're not going to want to hang around with people with messy diapers, so they need to not do that if they're in control and clean up if they aren't. I think if you speak to organizers and make clear it's a medical matter, it won't be a problem. However, if you show up, grin, grunt, and drop a big load in the middle of a party, your motives will be considered suspect.

I guess I took the rule too literal. I pictured a person pooping their diaper and then changing and I thought why does it matter if someone poops their diaper, just as long as they go change right after they do it, it doesn't matter. It would have been better if they had "Messy diapers must be changed immediately after defecation" but I guess that would be semantics.

Calico said:
I guess I took the rule too literal. I pictured a person pooping their diaper and then changing and I thought why does it matter if someone poops their diaper, just as long as they go change right after they do it, it doesn't matter. It would have been better if they had "Messy diapers must be changed immediately after defecation" but I guess that would be semantics.
This is my thought exactly. I don't think many would mind if you weren't right next to everyone, went, then changed. I guess I'm just thinking because if you're padded it's not too easy/preferred to remove your diaper. So I guess if you make sure smell isn't a problem and clean up right after then it's a non-issue? I men's it's fairly private except for the smell.

Am I just over thinking it?

Scales said:
This is my thought exactly. I don't think many would mind if you weren't right next to everyone, went, then changed. I guess I'm just thinking because if you're padded it's not too easy/preferred to remove your diaper. So I guess if you make sure smell isn't a problem and clean up right after then it's a non-issue? I men's it's fairly private except for the smell.

Am I just over thinking it?

I don't know. I know people always make rules for a reason and sometimes a rule will seem stupid if you don't know the reason behind it. I thought what if someone took odor remover pills, why would that still be an issue? Do they not want soiled diapers in the trash when they take them out? What if someone just took their soiled diaper with them or do they not want that diaper in their bag? What if someone just went off by themselves and pooped and enjoyed their own mess without anyone in the room? What if they just took a step outside and pooped and then changed? Also what if they were bowel incontinent? Are they not allowed in? What if you had diarrhea and accidentally messed yourself because you got sick due to IBS? All these questions floating in my head.

But after explaining they don't want anyone pooping in them and just staying in it because not everyone wants to smell it and the fact some do it for sexual pleasure to get the attention and thrill, then it makes more sense why the rule is there. But sure if they had that other rule I suggested, then people might be doing it for pleasure and purposely for pleasure and sexual and then go change right after and they don't want that either.

I've heard a lot of shady stuff happens atThe ABC club, just rumors though. Is The ABC club shady like everyone says? And why isn't there an ABDL club in Chicago? Europe has the ABDL club and now those super adorable crinklz diapers. Nothing good ever comes to the states.

But to answer your question. I think it's a general rule that most public meetups discourage messing. It's kinda gross. It's perfect for small groups who are ok with it, but it's frowned upon to do it in big groups who might not want it to happen.

PBGryphon said:
I've heard a lot of shady stuff happens atThe ABC club, just rumors though. Is The ABC club shady like everyone says? And why isn't there an ABDL club in Chicago? Europe has the ABDL club and now those super adorable crinklz diapers. Nothing good ever comes to the states.

But to answer your question. I think it's a general rule that most public meetups discourage messing. It's kinda gross. It's perfect for small groups who are ok with it, but it's frowned upon to do it in big groups who might not want it to happen.

There is the Chicago Age Players Convention, which sounds pretty awesome. Honestly most of the good ABDL stuff is in the USA - you just need to travel to get it.

The ABC club is in a basement is what it is... (partly the reason for the no-messing rule - it's not well ventilated.) I don't know of anything specific that ever happened there and I've been going fairly regularly for the past few years. Probably no worse for shadyness than any other London gay club.

PBGryphon said:

What shady stuff are you talking about?

I guess that poopies are forbidden as a rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back