Northshore question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MixerOp

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I kinda like Northshore's products. I've been using the Supremes, and tried the air supreme, courtesy of their complementary trial pack. But I didn't think to take note of how the air supremes compare. Doing they hold as much? Does anyone know?

Thanks for your input.

According to the diaper reviews on here, the plastic backed supremes held about 300ml more than the cloth backed air supremes.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Northshore Supremes, and prefer the plastic-backed version simply because the tapes stick like crazy (and they feel good). But I've tried the Air Supremes too and haven't noticed a difference in absorbency. I never weighed them against the plastic version, but I wouldn't say the difference was noticeable.

-RMS

DrumMajor said:
According to the diaper reviews on here, the plastic backed supremes held about 300ml more than the cloth backed air supremes.

The absorbencies of the plastic Supreme and the cloth-like AirSupreme are identical. We use the exact same absorbent core for both, in all sizes. The only differences are the backsheet and the tapes.

DrumMajor said:

As the person who did that review, the difference likely comes from the difference between sizes - I reviewed a small AirSupreme and a medium Supreme (since there's no small available).

KatelynG said:
As the person who did that review, the difference likely comes from the difference between sizes - I reviewed a small AirSupreme and a medium Supreme (since there's no small available).

Ooh, didn't notice that. My bad. Regardless, its a great product!

KatelynG said:

KatelynG,
Now that the Supreme Smalls are available, please make sure to give them a try and let us know how they do.

When are you guys going to come out with a size between medium and large? I love the supreme line but I'm between sizes. Really wished I could wear them comfortably for a long time. The mediums are tight at the legs with little wing left and the large are loose around the leg causing leaks. That and the left over wing goes around my sides towards my butt. They come up about 2 inches above my belly button.

Draventhedark said:
When are you guys going to come out with a size between medium and large? I love the supreme line but I'm between sizes. Really wished I could wear them comfortably for a long time. The mediums are tight at the legs with little wing left and the large are loose around the leg causing leaks. That and the left over wing goes around my sides towards my butt. They come up about 2 inches above my belly button.

We've looked at this and it is not yet feasible on our production line. Unfortunately, there is no quick fix here so a "regular" size is likely at least 1 year away.

NorthShoreAdam said:
The absorbencies of the plastic Supreme and the cloth-like AirSupreme are identical. We use the exact same absorbent core for both, in all sizes. The only differences are the backsheet and the tapes.

The main difference in absorbency I've noticed is the tapes on the cloth backed ones can't hold the weight of the full capacity of the diaper, and the paper backing sorta seems to weep a bit.

Northshore has really improved the plastics quality and the latest diapers I've received don't stink like plastic like they used to. I figure they'd study the Seni Quatro, they could get the cloth backed ones up to the par of the plastic Supremes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back