• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hey everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrumMajor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello all!

After observing for a few weeks, I finally decided to start posting onto the forum here. I'm excited to start sharing my interest with fellow DLs here.

While I am not exactly sure how i got into all of this, I have been wearing once in a while for a couple of years now. Ive gone from owning a few Depends to having a stash close to 100 now, and I'm always looking for new products to try.

I am currently a student pursuing a career in instrumental music education, preferably at the high school or collegiate level.

I love spending much of my free time singing and playing many instruments such as guitar and piano. Other than that, I also golf and bowl on occasion, and love to watch college sports (especially football).

I mostly look forward to chatting with other people and to just find a place in this community that I am unable to find otherwise.

Cheers!

I love many genres and styles, but my favorite has to be rock, whether classic or more current alternative rock. I'd say my range and timbre is closest to Matthew Bellamy (Muse), but I still love performing songs from the 70's and 80's even if I have to sing them an octave lower than the original singer

Welcome to ADISC. I'm a drummer myself. Have been for eleven years. I've been playing piano and studying music my whole life in general. It's always nice to see other musicians here. :D

Nice! I've though about buying a drum kit and learning how, but I should probably know that a real drum kit and a Rock Band drum set will be completely different haha

DrumMajor said:
I love many genres and styles, but my favorite has to be rock, whether classic or more current alternative rock. I'd say my range and timbre is closest to Matthew Bellamy (Muse), but I still love performing songs from the 70's and 80's even if I have to sing them an octave lower than the original singer

Your taste in music = good.

Top Three Band/Muscians of All Time (according to me):

Muse
The Black Keys
The White Stripes/Jack White

DrumMajor said:
Nice! I've though about buying a drum kit and learning how, but I should probably know that a real drum kit and a Rock Band drum set will be completely different haha

I've found that RB drums help get basic patterns and precision down (pretty much the overall feel for playing drums), but it's definitely a more satisfying change of pace to go from four pads to a real kit. And building onto your kit is an even more satisfying experience; my kit currently has four toms, ten cymbals, an octoban set, a pair of blocks, and a large assortment of cowbells.

Thanks! As I said before, Muse is my favorite band, but I am still exploring more of the current rock and alt rock music. Muse is just so good since they play with so many different styles (especially The Resistance, since I also love classical music).

My other favorite bands are the Journey, Van Halen / Sammy Hagar, Styx, Bon Jovi and Maroon 5, most of which I've seen live :D

- - - Updated - - -

ClandestineWing said:
my kit currently has four toms, ten cymbals, an octoban set, a pair of blocks, and a large assortment of cowbells.
Wow! Sounds like you're a bit more than a rookie. Sounds all fine, but I think you could use a little more cowbell :)

DrumMajor said:
Wow! Sounds like you're a bit more than a rookie. Sounds all fine, but I think you could use a little more cowbell :)

I think six is just fine. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back