Wanting to tell more people

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondieDL94

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ok I'm not going to go ahead and start telling everybody that I wear diapers/nappies..but recently I have found myself really wanting to tell more friends, and have come close to a few times. I think maybe I'm wanting more acceptance for who I am as my love of wearing nappies grows stronger.
What do you guys think?

I think you would end up regretting telling people, my wife is the only one who knows, and I hardly ever talk about it openly with her.

I do wish I had friends to talk to about it but that's not going to happen.

So...I'm thinking...there's an awfully long road ahead and you've got carry what ever baggage you create with what you inherit. Think about what you're already carrying. Sharing the load with the right people can be a good thing...but get it wrong and the load could get unbearably heavy.

There are so many times when my heart just wants to leap ahead of my head and I want to celebrate who I am, but even as forward thinking as our world is now, there's still too many ignorant rednecks around. Makes me a bit sad, but bubby stays hidden from most.

It's your call, your friends, just reflect before acting...forever is s long time. :hugs:

Find your validation here with people who understand. No need to seek elsewhere.

I've told a few people that I thought I could trust, REALLY close friends, but one mentioned it to someone else then it spread like wildfire, thankfully all the people who know I don't see anymore

I've though about telling people, never acted on it, thank god.

I can understand not liking to keep secrets, but then we all keep secrets, or at least have things we don't share, particularly when it comes to sex and sexuality. Diapers aside, does a person normally talk about masturbation techniques with one's friends? Probably not! So if diapers are, for you, mainly a tool of self-stimulation, they may not be the sort of thing your friends want to hear about.

Cottontail said:
Diapers aside, does a person normally talk about masturbation techniques with one's friends?
Well... With ab/dl friends, at least :rolleyes:

Cottontail said:
So if diapers are, for you, mainly a tool of self-stimulation, they may not be the sort of thing your friends want to hear about.

Is that the most common reason? For me I have never been per say turned on my diapers. Certainly never "pleasured" myself in one. I just like being in them. When it comes to the other side of things, I am pretty (honestly completely) vanilla.

SuperiorPenguin said:
Certainly never "pleasured" myself in one..

My goodness! (Blush) I've told my best friend & she was really nice about it thankfully!

Yolandi said:
My goodness! (Blush) I've told my best friend & she was really nice about it thankfully!

Quite the quote, My best friend, I don't imagine he'd take it well. No-body knows outside this forum. Can't get me a woman, as fast as you can get a man.

I can't criticize, considering the long history of things I have done to deliberately draw attention to my diaper wearing. There's always some aspect of the experience that is fueled by my need for attention, and in the end, it's all about playing your cards right and making sure you only draw attention to yourself on your own terms.

If you and your friends are talking about fetishes, bring yours up, by all means. There's a context for every subject, just wait to find the one for yours, and you're golden. (Also, only open up about yours when they do the same about theirs)

I can definitely relate. I literally know nobody besides people in this forum that share my interest in diapers. It is tempting to tell some of my friends about it hoping that they are or would eventually become one, but the likelihood is that none of them would, and it would simply tarnish my reputation and possible ruin the relationships I've made. That is why I joined this community, and thank God for it!

SuperiorPenguin said:
Cottontail said:
So if diapers are, for you, mainly a tool of self-stimulation...
Is that the most common reason?

For DLs, it's certainly very common. After all "diaper lover" and "DL" are euphemisms for "diaper fetishist"--although, like "little", they've become somewhat dilute of late, and can now also refer to one for whom diapers are merely an age-play prop, among other things. Although that's a slippery slope. 'Cause then we might reasonably request the labels "Paci Lover", "Onesie Lover", etc.

You see, as their meanings become more mundane and literal, the labels swiftly become rather goofy and pointless.

I told my best friend from college, but we were intimate, so I knew he wouldn't judge. He's an amazing person anyway. I believe he was the first openly gay high school principle in the United States. My wife knows and so those are the only two who I've told, and that's enough. Always consider your reasons for telling and a worse case scenario.

Telling people you don't see naked on a regular basis does not make much sense.

My recommendation would be to just get out and meet other ABDLs. Currently, the only people who know that I wear diapers, also wear diapers themselves, and I'm planning on keeping it that way. After meeting others in the community, it didn't feel like such a dark secret and there wasn't any need to tell anyone else.

Gsmax said:
My recommendation would be to just get out and meet other ABDLs. Currently, the only people who know that I wear diapers, also wear diapers themselves, and I'm planning on keeping it that way. After meeting others in the community, it didn't feel like such a dark secret and there wasn't any need to tell anyone else.
:thumbsup::thumbsup: This, really. I mean, I've always kept in mind the possibility of telling my best guy-friend (of 30 years) if he ever brings up sex and/or kinks. But that hasn't happened, and I feel like, if I'm going to come out to a muggle, it's going to be part of a mutual exchange of weaknesses. Telling for telling's sake, while doubtless appealing to the thrill-seeking types, should be approached with extreme caution, if at all. Unlike so many other thrills, this one never ends--for better or worse.

Fortunately, unless you live absolutely in the middle of nowhere, can't travel at will, and aren't content with 'virtual' meet-ups and friendships, it's generally not hard to find a real-life AB/DL friend or two. Thanks, Internet!

Gsmax said:
My recommendation would be to just get out and meet other ABDLs.

It's a lot easier said than done. Even in the Tinder Age, you have to be careful with who you meet online, especially when you're meeting them with the intention of pursuing fetish related activities. To that end, I could understand the impulse to tell the people you know first, because if nothing else, you have a better assessment of how badly the relationship could go. On the plus side, your relationship might not be any worse than before you opened up.

(On that note, has anyone used Tinder to meet other AB/DL's?)

hi,

from experience, you really need to be careful who you tell, best friends can turn out to be reall anal probes, when secrets are revealed.. I have told quite a few people, people who i believed i can trust, and out of all the people i told. only my best friend turned out to be a Pratt about it.. spreading it like wildfire between all my other friends. as you can imagine we soon stopped talking..

What was real annoying, is after this, i moved to Holland, to start a new life, and the family i moved in with, had a daughter who was dating my brother, At work one day, (i worked with the mother as well) her mother who sat next to me, said to me, "i heard something fascinating about you".. i said what.. Then she wrote the word Pampers on a piece of paper. Imagine my shock..

I have told my immediate family, and a couple of not so immediate family members, one of whom who is disabled with ms.. And was issued with tena maxi slip, they didn't work for her, Said to me one day.. can you do me a favor.. I asked her what, and she said, i have five unopened packs of tena slip in large, can you take them to the skip, Then she winked at me.. :)

most people will be understanding, but occasionally you get the odd one who is a tit about it.. You never know who that will be.. Just be aware of that, and pick who you tell carefully.

Just my experiences

Thanks
BabyLea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back