Thread: Spiraling Out of Control

Default Spiraling Out of Control

Hey everyone, it's been about a month since I've been on here due to, complications, in life. Complications that I stated out in the last thread I posted a month ago. And suffice to say...things haven't really gotten any better. I've decided that I'm going to drop out of college due to all of the stress and because it's not something I want to do anymore. Yeah, it might not be the best idea ever, but I'm sick and tired of this school, so I'm going to just reevaluate my life for a year or two and go from there. As for my personal life, it's like a coin toss for every single day; heads, it's a good day, tails, and I get screamed at by my girlfriend for doing nothing wrong. I can't say that romance and all that is my speciality, but forgive me if expressing my feelings is something I have long trained myself not to do. There's a good reason I don't let anyone into my heart anymore, I've been lied to far too many times to the point where I don't know who I can even trust anymore. Somebody could be your friend one day, and the next day they could stab you in the back, so I don't give anyone the opportunity to do that. That's not to say I don't deeply care about my friends and such, I just air on the side of caution and don't expose myself 100% to anyone. Perhaps part of it has to do with the fact that I find comfort in solidarity, finding peace when I am by myself. And I don't know whether my sexuality has anything to do with it, but I know for sure I am asexual, but I may be leaning towards aromantic considering the fact that I don't really get romance stuff. I don't socialize or go out with any friends nor do I like talking with people in general, I much prefer to quietly sit at home and relax. I don't know, I just really want to live in peace with the one person I know I can trust, myself.

I can relate on some levels. Going up homeschooled with a not particularly social, not very trusting mother, I never socialized much or was forced to do so. I have trust issues, and a fear of abandonment, which I'm sure wasn't helped by my best online friend cutting off contact with me earlier this year. I lack social skills and I'm not really a people person.

Nevertheless, there's still a part of me that wants contact with others. I may have been fine without it when I was younger, but I can see what growing up like that did to me. I don't desire a wide circle of friends though - ideally, a romantic partner/caregiver for my ab side, and maybe a close friend or two. (I use the term ''romantic partner'' as I'm also asexual.)

Like it or not, humans are social creatures. I think even introverted types need some type of contact with others to stay mentally and emotionally healthy.

Rather than drop out of college altogether, you might want to just take a year off and work. That is what I did in graduate school. The year working allowed me to recharge and then finish with two advanced degrees.

I forgot to mention that during my junior year in college, I was overwhelmed and dropped two courses, which put me on probation. I made up one of the courses at a local university that summer, and the missed lab course the following year, to ultimately graduate with honors.
    Last edited by Kenn; 23-Nov-2015 at 06:32. Reason: Updated

At least try to finish the semester with passing grades in as many courses as possible. At some point in time the credits might be useful.

Sometimes a break of a year can be to one's advantage. At the same time, you would have to find a job, I assume. Life is never a free ride unless you're a Kardashian.

I do have a decent job as of right now, and picking up more hours at work should be simple enough. But yeah, taking at least a year off would benefit me at this point. I'm not sure if I'll want to go back to the same school after the break or go to a different school.