Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first pair of plastic pant/diaper cover (help/suggestions?)

Default first pair of plastic pant/diaper cover (help/suggestions?)

So i'm considering buying my first plasticpants/diaper cover to go over some disposable diapers, but i'm currently feeling very lost. I'm looking on northshore and Garywear seems to be the best rated ones on their site. I'm a little bit confused on the sizing chart, and dont want to get the wrong size and loose $25 due to the no refund ordeal after being opened. So i just want some clarification that i'm correct. If someone has a suggestion for a different pair of plastic pants i'm open to suggestions, my biggest concern is the sizing and that they dont cost anymore then $25

http://www.northshorecare.com/media/...zing-guide.pdf

Waist: 36 1/2
    hip: 34 1/2
    thigh: 21 1/2

I think i'm an extra small, according to their sizing chart but not 100% sure. Should i measure with a diaper on? or without? measurements above are without a diaper.

waist is "around your belt line". Like how regular clothes (pants and shorts) are marked. I'd still knock off a few more inches, as it's been my experience with my moderate hip size that the lower tapes have to go a good 6" or more out of the way to get to the front panel. Part of this is the hips are wider, and part is that the front wing comes IN and up and doesn't extend as far out in the front as a result. Women of course have wider hips too, making this difference a lot more pronounced. I wouldn't order that size if I wore larger than size 32 pants.

Thanks that helped clear things up. I went with a small instead.

I'm a 32" waist and I wear small, so I think you might have wanted a medium. I guess you'll find out however.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I'm a 32" waist and I wear small, so I think you might have wanted a medium. I guess you'll find out however.
    Most of my pants are a 32 waist and fit perfectly even though my waist size is a 34. Size 34 pants normally require me wearing a belt because they are so loose. So hopefully the small will fit perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by DprEffect View Post
    Most of my pants are a 32 waist and fit perfectly even though my waist size is a 34. Size 34 pants normally require me wearing a belt because they are so loose. So hopefully the small will fit perfectly.
    Since that's the case, I think they'll fit. I've noticed that those of us with 32" waists are at the cusp between small and medium.

So i'm considering buying my first plasticpants/diaper cover to go over some disposable diapers, but i'm currently feeling very lost. I'm looking on northshore and Garywear seems to be the best rated ones on their site. I'm a little bit confused on the sizing chart, and dont want to get the wrong size and loose $25 due to the no refund ordeal after being opened. So i just want some clarification that i'm correct. If someone has a suggestion for a different pair of plastic pants i'm open to suggestions, my biggest concern is the sizing and that they dont cost anymore then $25

http://www.northshorecare.com/media/...zing-guide.pdf

Waist: 36 1/2
    hip: 34 1/2
    thigh: 21 1/2

I think i'm an extra small, according to their sizing chart but not 100% sure. Should i measure with a diaper on? or without? measurements above are without a diaper.
    Go on ebay-adult baby pants; you will find many different kinds; very inexpensive, too. Haian vinyl ones in large should fit you.

Since that's the case, I think they'll fit. I've noticed that those of us with 32" waists are at the cusp between small and medium.
    They just arrived today. They are a bit tight but not uncomfortably tight.

They just arrived today. They are a bit tight but not uncomfortably tight.
    That's how mine are. I'd rather have them a little tight and not leak than the other way around.

That's how mine are. I'd rather have them a little tight and not leak than the other way around.
    Thats what I was thinking. They should fit a tad better once I start eating better and go back down on pants size. Gained 5lbs while on my week long trip xD. I really like them though. While I don't sleep in a diaper all the time when I do the bottom tapes always come undone because I move around alot in my sleep. This gary pants have fixed that issue :3 the tapes stayed in place the whole time I slept.