One Kind of Diaper for the Rest of your life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would keep on wearing my cloth diapers with the plastic pants as I find them the most comfortable having the greatest bulkiness which I crave.......?

Dry 24/7's is my diaper choice so far it's the best diaper I have tried. I wear them 24/7.

I would be more than a little frustrated to have to choose one kind of diaper to wear for the rest of my life. There are times that thicker and solid tapes is good. Other times, thinner with Velcro is more appropriate. I tend to have more than one kind on hand. Not usually pull ups though.

Before making my choice, I would want to know more about how "kind" is defined in this instance. Limiting it to one brand, one diaper style (plastic backed with tapes?), or to one specific diaper product would change things significantly. The reason for making the choice would also be important. Is this for a lifetime supply free? Am I supposed to wear them all the time? Also, I would ask for a delay in making my final decision until after I could try some of the newer diapers. The Space one sounds interesting, the DC brand is coming out with a blue version, and Bambino has supposedly improved since I last tried them. Also would need to try the new NorthShoreCare and revised XPmedical A+ diapers (tried them on the first batch).

The style choice would be easy: plastic backed with dual tapes on each side. These are the best ones for high capacity and thickness at the current time. I like a diaper that works very well for its intended purpose. Wearing all the time would make Velcro or pull ups more convenient, but I need the high absorbency at night.

Limiting kind to a brand would currently make Bambino my top choice. A case of Biancos and Bellisimos each month would keep me happy. Add in an occasional mixed case and things would be awesome. The Biancos work reasonably well for wearing in public and those times when the thickest is not what I want and plain white is prefered. The Bellisimos work reasonably well for my overnight diaper; rarely would I want more capacity at night. A booster would solve that well enough. The coloring on the tape panel does not bother me at night. From past experience, I would want mediums for day use and larges for night/extended wear use. NorthShoreCare or XPmedical may be producing diapers which may work better for me, but I would have to test and see.

If kind means a specific diaper product, my choice would be Dry 24/7 in size medium. They have an awesome fit on me, really good absorbency, decent enough tapes, and have a good thickness which works both for public wear and private. The plain color white is my favorite diaper color even though my favorite color is black. This is the diaper I have worn almost exclusively since late last year and has been my favorite since they were color coded for size.

Abena L4s are a close second. For a time, they were what I exclusively ordered before Drys replaced them. My only issue is the fit is a little big on me and the capacity is a little lower than what I want. The mediums are way too small to comfortably fit me. Now that Drys are available cheaper by the case, I see no reason for me to wear these.

Not having tested some of the newer diapers, I cannot make the best informed decision right now. NorthShoreCare or XPmedical may be offering something better to me right now and I don't know it. This brings me to a final point: diaper selection changes every year and my needs may also change. The one that I would have chosen years ago is not what I would choose today. Next year may bring another favorite. My first favorite was green Depends, then I went to a mix of Tena and Attends, next came Molicare Super Plus, then Abena L4, with Dry 24/7 being my most recent favorite. Used to still buy Abena's L4 and L3 because they were cheaper until Drys became basically just as affordable. Now, I would want to confirm my choice before making a permanent choice. So glad I can buy and wear more than one kind.

Dry 24/7

Mine definitely has to be the Space Diaper. I thought the Drycare 24/7 was my favorite but the Space Diaper has it beat by a significant margin. I have gone from 4 diapers a day (24/7) to 2 (Space) and don't have to worry about leaks.

Comficare L10

Going off of what I've already had, Bambino Bellissimo. That'll probably change, though.

PaddedBrony said:
Going off of what I've already had, Bambino Bellissimo. That'll probably change, though.

I would also go for the Bellissimos. I have not found anything better yet.

I'm very glad not to have to make such a decision. If for some weird reason I did, I think I'd buck the trend and go for something thinner and more discreet. It's easier to bulk up a lower diaper than slim down a puffy one. Unfortunately, all those at the top of my list have been discontinued or fallen in quality. In order, I'd say the all plastic Tena Slip Maxi, Abena M2s before they went to clothlike covers, the Unique Wellness brief before the pinhole leak problem, or the thinner Waddlers.

Of the available right now, I guess I'd have to say ABU's SDKs but my ideal would be more neutral or medical for discretion in case of accidental peekage. To anyone who cares, I'd say this points to a lack of quality options in the low to mid range.

I haven't tried any other diaper, other than the Tranquility Atn, so id have to say that these would be my choice. But i'd rather not have to decide, until I've tried different brands.

Definitely Tykables Tighty Whities.

Will be trying the space diaper on Friday but if it holds all my pee to answer this question abu space diaper or bambino bellissmo both large I would choose from them

Would have been all plastic Tena Slip Maxi Mediums......need I say more?! :sad: bringmesunshine

- - - Updated - - -

BabyToddler said:
Comficare L10

*cough* Betterdry *cough* bringmesunshine p.s sorry if this didn't help!

I would choose the ConfiDry 24/7 diaper; it quickly became a favorite of mine when I got around to buying some of them. The diaper is admittedly on the thick side, but no one notices when I am wearing them out in public. Among this diaper's splendiferous qualities are its capacity, plain white appearance (I am strictly a DL), and more generous sizing (I typically wear medium diapers, but the ConfiDry 24/7 fits me better than the standard medium sizing).

On a sidenote, I do miss the plastic backed Abena M2 and the plastic backed Tena Slip Maxi. While these diapers come close to my choice for one kind to use for life (if I were restricted to one choice), I have found that the bulk of the ConfiDry 24/7 isn't problematic (as I said above, no one notices me wearing a thick diaper like the 24/7 in public).

For me, as much as I would like to say Teddy Bambino, if it is all the time for rest of my life I would have to go with Blanko Bambino, because if I was out and about and had to change I would not want some one to see the teddy prints, that would be embarrassing, but the blanko's would be the same feel. Now if you say only one type of diaper for rest of my life, with my current wearing style, aka when I want but not all the time, I would say Teddy Bambino's;

edit, reading though I forgot I could probably go with my cloth diapers and water proof pants, let me change my vote, I am sure I will be allowed more then one pair of water proof pants (they don't have to look like the other ones do they) I could get some prefold diapers, and have some plain out and about water proof pants, and some at home baby print pants. so if I can change my vote I do that.

Last edited:
bringmesunshine said:
Would have been all plastic Tena Slip Maxi Mediums......need I say more?! :sad: bringmesunshine

- - - Updated - - -

*cough* Betterdry *cough* bringmesunshine p.s sorry if this didn't help!

I will still miss the Comficare L10 diapers. The fit was great and I like the plastic too. The absorbancy was the best too.

I hope Betterdry will be a great diaper. I wish it have the frontal landing zone for the tapes.

I have to try Betterdry soon.

Having recently tried the ABU space diaper and purchased a few cases, this would be the one. Once I tried a few, it was hard to talk myself into my old favorite dry 24/7.

Abena S4. Not such a hard decision when you wear S I suppose..

Call me casual, but provided I stay the same size for the rest of my life, I have to say GoodNites. But I've never ventured too far away from them, so it's hard to really give any other answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back