Reversed Body Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
I'm wondering if this is a uncommon thing, is there anyone else out there who happens to have a reverse body clock, ie nocturnal?

I'm a night owl, preferring to stay up late. I think it comes with being a musician, or maybe being ADHD as a child. I suppose that's different than having your biological clock reversed. I would imagine that people who work the late, night shift develop a reversal.

Mine seems to drift later day to day. If I don't have to keep a set schedule, my bedtime and wake up time gets about 15 minutes later each day until I end up not getting tired until the middle of the night.

I am a night owl.
My day is from ~ 10:30 AM to 2:00 AM the following day.
This is my natural body clock as an older adult with Autism.

caitianx said:
I am a night owl.
My day is from ~ 10:30 AM to 2:00 AM the following day.
This is my natural body clock as an older adult with Autism.
I'm very much like you.

foxkits said:
I'm very much like you.

Many of us Autistics have odd non-standard Sleep/Awake Circadian Cycles.

I know quite a few Autistic Night Owls.

Night Owl as well. I can easily stay up till 2am, no matter how little sleep I had the night before.

I'm a total night owl. My definition of going to bed early is going to bed at 2am since 4am is the norm for me. The only time I've gone to bed before midnight as an adult were the days I was physically sick.

I'm a night owl as well. Most of my family is.

I love staying up late. I had on a few occasions been staying up until 3:00 am, but my usual bedtime is somewhere in between 12:00 and 1:30 am. Does that still make me a night owl?

Urgh. I have terrible problems with (the lack of a) circadian rhythm. I think I've become completely detached from day/night. One day I'll get up at 2am, and it just gets later and later till a week later I'm getting up at 8pm. I think by brain is broken. :-/

Eating regularly, reducing anxiety and using "natural daylight" bulbs helps a bit...

My sleep schedule pushes forward constantly. I always need to keep an eye on the time to make sure I'm not drifting too far from work hours. At my last job I telecommuted, and it was actually free-running. I tend to keep it so I'm awake at night, because I like night time better, but it doesn't matter otherwise. I think my body operates on 28 hour days or something.

I have been living with "non 24" for the last 30 years and it sucks, try medication or light therapy as you see fit and necessary to "fit" with your job and life.

I'm a musician too, so I'm a night owl (10am to 2am). But lately, I've been going to bed and waking up earlier because I've been doing more morning shifts, so that's definitely a change for me.

I've been forced to have my clock reversed on business trips and such. Typically I go to sleep 9-10pm and wake up at 5:00-5:30am. Saturdays I might sleep in until 7-8am.

My sleep Schedule is quite easily screwed if I'm not doing anything for a while. I definitely prefer staying up at night too, which isn't always the best idea, hehe. Went to bed at 7 last...morning I guess it would be then...Woke up around 1500...Now that it's 1 though I think I'll go to bed soonish, better try to get it back to something more normal, since I do have to do stuff every now and then.

SnowballFox said:
My sleep Schedule is quite easily screwed if I'm not doing anything for a while. I definitely prefer staying up at night too, which isn't always the best idea, hehe. Went to bed at 7 last...morning I guess it would be then...Woke up around 1500...Now that it's 1 though I think I'll go to bed soonish, better try to get it back to something more normal, since I do have to do stuff every now and then.

Jesus you went to bed at 7am and woke up at 3pm?!?! And why was half your post in 24 hour time?

An interesting article I've just stumbled upon... remembered this thread. Link

disneygeek said:
An interesting article I've just stumbled upon... remembered this thread. Link

Apparently I am not smart, my education would state otherwise. Some days though, I wonder if there is anything up there,

After working an overnight shift for 2 years. I'd say I'm nocturnal. Mine was forced due to my job and I now have trouble sleeping at night on my days off but I'm sure that there are people who are naturally nocturnal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back