Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is really rotten

Default This is really rotten

So some of my "friends" decided it would be really funny to go snooping through my bag at lunch today while I was busy writing some things.

I am full time incontinent so of course I keep spare diapers with me whenever I am out. So when they dug through my bag they found them. Then they proceeded to make fun of me until I left in tears, calling me a baby for crying.

I take a chance again with friends and blows up in my face. Go figure. Any advice? Or just kind words? I am really sad and embarrassed right now. I just want to crawl in a hole and never come out again.

So sorry to hear about it. My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight. You are very loved and cared about! You will find good friends here.

Wow sorry for your experience. Especially with a medical condition, there is absolutely no reason they should be making fun of you. As cliche as it sounds, if these friends act this way then they're not really your friend. I would try your best to try to forget about them if they can't accept you.

Quote Originally Posted by disneygeek View Post
    Wow sorry for your experience. Especially with a medical condition, there is absolutely no reason they should be making fun of you. As cliche as it sounds, if these friends act this way then they're not really your friend. I would try your best to try to forget about them if they can't accept you.
    My therapist and I have been working on getting friends because I have trust issues. And then of course this happens. People really suck sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnFlame View Post
    My therapist and I have been working on getting friends because I have trust issues. And then of course this happens. People really suck sometimes.
    I'm sorry this is what happened :/ You just have to remind yourself that people can be shitty and not all are like that. You're not always going to be friends with someone forever too, and that's okay.

The behavior of such "friends" is puerile and downright cruel. Ditch those dolts and never look back.

I hate to say this, but it will pass, I was outed by a co-worker about a decade ago in this regard, it was embarassing at the time, but over the years, he's been a better champion of my issues than even I could be, it was a learning experience for him, that some people have to deal with a debilitating condition .

On the short term, this is not so good, on the long term, once one (your true friends) has time to consider these things, no matter their immediate reactions at the time of the incident, will back you, forever after. I have a coworker in this position,. who, after working with me in different companies, has not done such a thing since the first incident. between him and I, I wear diapers, Oh Well.
    He asked me how could I not feel that I was pissing myself, I told him that I could feel when I was pissing myself just fine, more than fine, it is quite painful, and with very little warning. there just wasn't much I could do about it.

he let me alone after that, seeing me with that expression on my face (high hollow pain), when it's happening. he didn't give me even a ounce of grief since.

First and foremost, you have a medical condition and there is nothing to be embarrassed/ashamed about. You need to keep this in mind if this happens again. Instead of crying, get mad and tell them off for 1) invading your privacy by going through your things and 2) mocking a person with a medical disability. Shaming them will hopefully teach them a lesson.
    Last edited by Kenn; 15-Nov-2015 at 10:39.

Where were you at when it happened? If it was at work or school and they continue to harass you, you can contact a manager/counselor to make it stop. They are in violation of some rules, if not the law. Otherwise, they are not your friends. Friends understand each other.

Sorry you went through this, real friends would understand that a medical condition is nothing to laugh at.
    Remember you are not alone in dealing with bladder issues I know it's hard some times especially when the issues happen at a young age.

Don't give up on finding friends you will find some that will understand and support you emotionally. You might find one of your friends comes to realize thier mistake in teasing you and will come back with an apology. If not move on and find real friends and never be ashamed you have to wear diapers.