Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Powder

Default Baby Powder

I'm a newbie. I've just put powder in my diaper for the first time ever, and it makes a huge difference. Goodness. Any tips/tricks/stories you have about powder?

don't use too much powder in the diaper as it may reduce the rate of absorption. I have found that when changing laying down its better to only put a light sprinkle in the diaper and rub the rest into my skin.
    when you are ready to tape up make sure your hands and landing zones for the tape are clear of powder or the tapes may not stick very well.

I prefer to lay my fresh diaper on the floor in front of the cabinet, opened up on the floor, and sprinkle powder directly on my skin and rub it in a bit, with my diaper just below on the (wood) floor to catch most of the powder that falls. It really won't get where it needs to be if I just put it directly on the diaper. Also after taping up I'll usually pull the sides away from my hip an inch or two and spray in a dash of powder on both sides, to keep my sides from getting pimples. (due to all-day contact with the unpadded plastic in the wings)

I use a mix of talc and cornstarch actually. Talc is better overall at keeping skin dry and preventing sweating, but cornstarch is healthier on the skin and damaged or irritated skin doesn't react badly to it like it can with talc.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    I prefer to lay my fresh diaper on the floor in front of the cabinet, opened up on the floor, and sprinkle powder directly on my skin and rub it in a bit, with my diaper just below on the (wood) floor to catch most of the powder that falls.
    If you are changing on a rug, just place a flattened kitchen garbage bag underneath the diaper to catch the the dropped powder. With your back flat on the floor, you can curl your stomach muscles to powder your bottom. I do not sprinkle powder on the diaper, only on my skin, and of course I do not breath the dust.

I actually don't really like/need the use of powder. In particular I don't like the smell if you've peed in it - seems to give off quite a different, stronger odour.

Quote Originally Posted by lukethefur View Post
    I actually don't really like/need the use of powder. In particular I don't like the smell if you've peed in it - seems to give off quite a different, stronger odour.
    Interesting - I've never really noticed anything like that. Though wetness certainly tends to cause powders to cake in places.

I use baby powder all the time but in my regular underwear, not in my diapers. To be fair, I have used powder in my diapers but the vast majority of the time, I don't. No particular reason, I just don't.

I love the smell of wet talc. I think it triggers memories of being a baby or something, but the smell alone can relax me.

maybe I'm just weird that way.