the millionth update from me

Status
Not open for further replies.

saix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I havent posted in a long time so for that I apologise
theres been some recent changes so I thought it would be worth making another post.
firstly I saw my urologist again who suggested that there may be a small chance of multiple sclerosis so due to this he ordered an MRI.
I am somewhat nervous about the MRI, its going to be a scan of my spine and head meaning that Ill be in the machine for 70 minutes or so which is a lot longer than id like it to be, the upside is that it should rule out a lot of things if nothing else.
The MRI is very early next month however I have made a phone call or two to ask questions, according to them the machine has a fairly wide bore comparable to the size of a CT machine,they said that I will have to wear a gown for the scan so Im not super fond of everyone seeing my diaper but I dont mind too much they also said that my protection wont be an issue at all, I asked if they would be able to hold on to my bag for the time im there and they also confirmed that they could. I asked if they could provide a pad or something for me to lay on in case I leak since Im not going to trust a diaper 100% when Im inside a machine that probably costs more than my house and they said they could probably provide a pad or some towels.
A relative of mine said that during her MRIs it was much more cramped and that swallowing or blinking had a tendency to mess up the images however the tech I talked with told me that wasnt the case which is a relief
I am still nervous about the whole affair but talking to them has helped somewhat.
The scan will not involve contrast which is another relief

In regards to my situation In general I did try the medication Betmiga a month or two ago and it didnt work for me there may have been a slight decrease in urinary frequency however the accidents remained and the pain I experience may have even been worse
the pain I experience has been unpleasant to say the least lately Im getting it a lot lately and the incontinence is relentless as well but such is my current life
Im not happy with it I have had nights where Ive been crying a lot over the past month or so usually involving an accident and severe pain. I am currently waiting to see a counsellor as well

Anyway thats the current state of things I apologise for the way its written I have a tendency to leave for a while then return with a stilted enormous wall of text
if anyone wants to ask anything or give any advice feel free to
Id appreciate any posts
if anyone thinks that there is anything else I should ask the MRI techs that would also be a big help

Good luck with the tests, don't worry about wearing a diaper for tests they have probably had to deal with adult diapers in the past. Theres no shame in having to wear a diaper for a medical issue I have gone into hospital for tests and surgury and no one batted an eye that I was wearing.

Just remember to remind the nurse when you check in as well as the tech who wil be running the tests some times info gets lost between check in and test.

Please keep us updated. I had an MRI before my back surgery and it wasn't pleasant, but I got through it. I wish you the best and hope it isn't MS.

Mri

saix said:
i havent posted in a long time so for that i apologise
theres been some recent changes so i thought it would be worth making another post.
Firstly i saw my urologist again who suggested that there may be a small chance of multiple sclerosis so due to this he ordered an mri.
I am somewhat nervous about the mri, its going to be a scan of my spine and head meaning that ill be in the machine for 70 minutes or so which is a lot longer than id like it to be, the upside is that it should rule out a lot of things if nothing else.
The mri is very early next month however i have made a phone call or two to ask questions, according to them the machine has a fairly wide bore comparable to the size of a ct machine,they said that i will have to wear a gown for the scan so im not super fond of everyone seeing my diaper but i dont mind too much they also said that my protection wont be an issue at all, i asked if they would be able to hold on to my bag for the time im there and they also confirmed that they could. I asked if they could provide a pad or something for me to lay on in case i leak since im not going to trust a diaper 100% when im inside a machine that probably costs more than my house and they said they could probably provide a pad or some towels.
A relative of mine said that during her mris it was much more cramped and that swallowing or blinking had a tendency to mess up the images however the tech i talked with told me that wasnt the case which is a relief
i am still nervous about the whole affair but talking to them has helped somewhat.
The scan will not involve contrast which is another relief

in regards to my situation in general i did try the medication betmiga a month or two ago and it didnt work for me there may have been a slight decrease in urinary frequency however the accidents remained and the pain i experience may have even been worse
the pain i experience has been unpleasant to say the least lately im getting it a lot lately and the incontinence is relentless as well but such is my current life
im not happy with it i have had nights where ive been crying a lot over the past month or so usually involving an accident and severe pain. I am currently waiting to see a counsellor as well

anyway thats the current state of things i apologise for the way its written i have a tendency to leave for a while then return with a stilted enormous wall of text
if anyone wants to ask anything or give any advice feel free to
id appreciate any posts
if anyone thinks that there is anything else i should ask the mri techs that would also be a big help

perhaps they can give you some medicine for your anxiety prior to the mri, if it won't interfere with the test. Anyway, best of luck to You on the test and results.

chuck said:
perhaps they can give you some medicine for your anxiety prior to the mri, if it won't interfere with the test. Anyway, best of luck to You on the test and results.

anxiety drugs dont really work for me the side effects tend to mess with my body too much and Im not fond of things that make me drowsy either, if I took something like valium before it Id probably end up feeling dizzy and heaachey and tired and Id do worse in the machine so just going to try and tough it out still not fond of the idea though

saix said:
anxiety drugs dont really work for me the side effects tend to mess with my body too much and Im not fond of things that make me drowsy either,

maybe they'll offer you some vallium ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back