BareBum Diapers, anyone ordering some?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLMunky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Got an email that these are now available for purchasing. BareBums diapers available here: http://www.barebumdiapers.com/

2 diaper sample = $10
10 pack = $28.95 + $10 s&h
30 diapers = $68.95 + $10 s&h
80 diapers = $158.95

Personally I'm not sure about the design, I said that about Space diapers, but this time I mean it. If these are thin enough for wearing to work yet hold enough to last 8 hour I might be interested. My first thought is "day late & a dollar short". We have all over printed diapers and thanks to Snuggies & Abu we have cute fade when wet designs. They do look like a cute print for the Ab's out there!

Last edited:
Product looks ok, the site looks really sketchy IMO.

The naked husky dude over the burly dude's shoulder as a background image makes me kinda feel.. IDK.. weird?
Sketchy.. thats a good word for it. it looks kinda sketchy...

I'm really excited for them. I really like the look.

Foxroxsox said:
The naked husky dude over the burly dude's shoulder as a background image makes me kinda feel.. IDK.. weird?

This.. exactly this. You were able to say it better than me.

Foxroxsox said:

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of creepy or disturbing, I thought the Snuggies images were bad enough but understand they were trying to show the fit on different body sizes. The sketchy part (imo) is selling a 3 pack instead of 4 pack (half a case), does that make any sense?

I like that they fit like a brief but yeah I found it creepy a bit and I don't like the construction working wearing one since I do construction for a living and mixing work and my fetishes makes me sick.

Prices are pretty high. I think I'll wait a bit.

With regard to the site itself, it seems like any time some company tries to have a bit of fun with their presentation or acknowledge that diapers are worn by people in the world, a lot of people get uncomfortable. I'm baffled.

Trevor said:
With regard to the site itself, it seems like any time some company tries to have a bit of fun with their presentation or acknowledge that diapers are worn by people in the world, a lot of people get uncomfortable. I'm baffled.

You need your audience to be relaxed and comfortable when they encounter that, to get the proper reaction to it. And that's often not the case when shopping for diapers....

I'll wait for a review. Looks like another Bellisino/DC Amour/Comficare/Inspire etc cut, but maybe not as good.

bambinod said:
You need your audience to be relaxed and comfortable when they encounter that, to get the proper reaction to it. And that's often not the case when shopping for diapers....

I would hope that the continuing playful presentations will help people to get into that comfortable zone. Unless we want the symbol for the ABDL community to be someone ritzy losing their monocle in surprise and exclaiming "Well, I never!", it seems to me like we should take it all a bit less seriously.

Trevor said:
Unless we want the symbol for the ABDL community to be someone ritzy losing their monocle in surprise and exclaiming "Well, I never!", it seems to me like we should take it all a bit less seriously.
Ha! I get what you mean. I'll admit to being among the uncomfortable, though. Actually, "uncomfortable" isn't really the right word. I'll put it this way: When I'm in a diaper, I don't stand in front of the mirror. I let my mind's eye do the work, because seeing my stocky, nearly-40-year-old, and altogether gorilla-like figure--in a diaper--kicks me out of my baby mode (in so much as a sexual DL has a "baby mode").

So I guess that's my aversion to this stuff. It would be hypocritical of me to characterize it as "creepy". Rather, it's just a turn-off. I don't think continued exposure to it will change that. I guess perhaps I'll become numb to it, but that's probably not what's intended. On the other hand, it's probably pretty hard to advertise in a way that attracts both the ageplayers and the non-ageplayer diapersexual types. And all the in-betweens.

I ordered a sample pack just out of curiosity and tried one last night. Fist impressions is that they aren't really that thick. The size medium runs on the small side which made it a good fit for me. They are however a vary thirsty diaper. After the first couple of wettings I had to put one a onsie to keep them in place on my small frame. Up till now the most absorbent diapers I have used are Dry 24/7, these are more absorbent. After several hours of wearing it was impossible to walk normally. I have yet to try other "super" diapers such as Snuggies and ABU space diapers, (I have the later on order,) but these seem like they would be comparable. The print is something that doesn't appeal to me since I am a DL not an AB.

I don't see any front elastic either. They sent me a $5 coupon for my first order, but seeing that I figured they probably weren't really in line with the other premiums available right now as far as comfort and fit go. So I'm off their mailing list.

Cottontail said:
Ha! I get what you mean. I'll admit to being among the uncomfortable, though. Actually, "uncomfortable" isn't really the right word. I'll put it this way: When I'm in a diaper, I don't stand in front of the mirror. I let my mind's eye do the work, because seeing my stocky, nearly-40-year-old, and altogether gorilla-like figure--in a diaper--kicks me out of my baby mode (in so much as a sexual DL has a "baby mode").

As a svelte 5'10.5", 137# with shaved torso hair, even as old as I am it does not bother me TOO much...

I like the appearance of their diapers, I just don't like the looks of their site. A construction worker carrying a fully-naked manly male just doesn't do it for me. Maybe they intend to market to same-sex couples, and don't have much of an interest in selling to those who are strait, or have medical needs. Who knows?

Honeywell6180 said:
I like the appearance of their diapers, I just don't like the looks of their site. A construction worker carrying a fully-naked manly male just doesn't do it for me. Maybe they intend to market to same-sex couples, and don't have much of an interest in selling to those who are strait, or have medical needs. Who knows?

I also find the images on their site unpalatable.

I'd like to see what these diapers look like on a girl before I order them.

Ok. So I ordered a bag of these with 10 diapers in them. I am wearing my first one today. For starters I like them because I can wear them and my jeans and you can't tell they are hardly there and doesn't make my jeans look all poofy. I like to wear in public so I don't like to have a big thick diaper on like the new space diaper which I like also. I will report back later with how it does with wetting in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back