New Bambino 'Prototype Diaper'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan09

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just when I was getting to be somewhat disheartened/bored by bambino's lack of anything new in a long, long time--it looks like something new might possibly be in the works...?

I just got a email from them earlier announcing a new promotion where if you buy any other cases or bags of their standard diapers, they'll include one of these new test diapers. It sounds pretty cool!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447165448.768475.jpg

Taken from the email itself:

Extra comfortable stretch panel with micro memory technology
All plastic diaper with mechanical closure hook system
More absorbent than our Bellissimo
Newly designed, extra strength tape tabs
Only M and L sizes available for now
VERY limited quantity, 1 diaper per customer
*Final diaper print and name TBD
Feedback welcome!

Ordered 2 bags of Biancos just to test this new diaper. Will report back.

Looks like a clever bit of marketing! buy several to get one free, or is it just me?

Will be very much interested to find out what this "stretch panel" refers to. Anybody know yet?

Looks awesome to me. Placed an order for more Teddies sooner than I was planning to just to try the sample.

On a side note, Bambino has been quietly making improvements to their products over the last year or so. Most notable: the tape size has been increased (they are now wider and hold very well, though I did not have many issues with the older narrower ones) and the sizing has been tweaked to be slightly larger, more like Abena sizing. All positives. Overall quality has been fairly uniform across the last several cases I've gotten.

An specificly ABDL nappy with plastic-backing and (what sounds like) velcro fastenings! I've never tried (any) Bambinos before but I finally might now as these sound too awsome not to try! bringmesunshine

I don't see mention of standing leak guards. These are an absolute necessity for premium diaper IMO.

Still not going to be as good as Northshore's IMO

I bit the lure. They resemble some interesting Japanese adult diapers...which I've always wanted to try. The more the merrier.

We should encourage innovation in adult diapers - I've still yet to try a diaper that really channeled some of baby diapers I tried when I was a lad...but it's getting pretty close.

I am familiar with those taping panels. They don't really stretch at all since there's no elasticized zone on them. They only have a little bit of pull since they're a breathable component. The real benefit here is a loop-fasten system that allows infinite re-fastens on the diaper. Beyond that, not much.

Interestingly, I tried to create this same design at one point in the past, but the factory said it can only be done with a cloth-backed body - no way to put that taping system on a plastic-backed. I was lied to!! :cursing:

LittleICme said:
I don't see mention of standing leak guards. These are an absolute necessity for premium diaper IMO.

Given the history of bambino, I'd be very, very, VERY surprised if leg guards was something they didn't have.

Unless I'm very very wrong, this diaper will be very similar (as in, from the same company-foundation) to their old diapers. Which is NOT a bad thing at all...however, the older bambinos have all had very nice leak guards since the beginning.

These potentially remind me of a diaper called providers choice . they are all plastic with the taping panel that is cloth like and the tapes are Velcro like , what's cool was that these diapers could be refassoned dozens of times if needed . Providers choice were OK diapers and the Velcro tapes were very cool , If done right this could be a great diaper!

Tena Stretch Super has Velcro tapes as well.

I remember back in my days of wearing pampers size 6 when p&g were transitioning from an all plastic diaper they came out with a hybrid cloth / plastic. The diaper core was cloth like cover while the front taping panel was old style soft plastic and the rear tape wings were some plastic, that was probabaly one of the most comfortable diapers I ever worn.

I'm assuming a sample pack doesn't include a new proto type??

Those things look Awesome!

I sooo want to try it but I think I have too many diapers around here right now, and I still want to try the Tykables overnights and the Space diapers. Plus I have a whole case of the upside down printed Bellisimos still, I think..

BouncyBoy said:
You can see some more pictures of this diaper over here: http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/topic/50569-bambino-hybrid-diaper/

You can see how the stretchy sides are attached to what looks like a regular diaper.

What do you think Jeremy? Maybe you need to have a chat with your peeps.

My guess is they're using an imported, more advanced taping system that happens to be compatible with the machines they use. Either that or they just bit the bullet and told the supplier "screw it! throw the s-cut tabs on the plastic backed anyway and see what happens!" It's a good idea. I'll be getting a sample of them tomorrow so looking forward to taking a closer look! :biggrin:

TheFamousMrEd said:
These potentially remind me of a diaper called providers choice . they are all plastic with the taping panel that is cloth like and the tapes are Velcro like , what's cool was that these diapers could be refassoned dozens of times if needed . Providers choice were OK diapers and the Velcro tapes were very cool , If done right this could be a great diaper!

Bambino was the same company that created those diapers. I believe they were called Active Ultra Plus and they had a loop/fasten system of traditionally shaped tabs. They were excellent and only needed a little more absorbency to make them perfect. Glad to see them revisit this idea! This new taping system on this prototype is called the S-cut style and the tapes are just one panel fixed to each wing of the diaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back