New Bambino 'Prototype Diaper'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly for the fitting, I have to state that I can never get single tab diapers to fit right and stay on all day.

BouncyBoy said:
Well, I got one on. There is a lot to like about this diaper.

Then something happened that the ring did not expect... Arrousal. Putting these tabs on, and the feeling of the sides stretching against the skin, brought a huge baby diaper feeling. Diapers do not typically arouse me so this was a big surprise (They did early on). The feeling was very... Large Goodnight like.

I also had to go number two so I yanked these things down. The tabs complained but did not pop. It was like pulling down a stretchy pullup! Afterwords I pulled it up, it still didn't pop. I readjusted the tab and was on my way. The much better ease of use is a big plus.

The sides are actually quite stretchy. I'm somewhere around 40"/42" and I've got the top tabs on the large pulled together to within 1/2" of each other. It's about as tight as I could get a space diaper with their amazing tapes. Also, if you need to reach down to "adjust your furniture", it is FAR more forgiving. No worries about popping a tape. These stretchy sides are great.

Sizing. Here's something that could finally kill one of Bambino's few issues, odd sizing/lack of sized. I can't fit into a medium, but as stretchy as these sides, are, I think I could quite easily. Why does this matter? Options! If I want a shorter ride up for wearing during the day, I could go with a Medium. For extra night time protection, the Larges can just as easily fit. Now Bambino can service a much more variable range of body sizes. No more bitching because the mediums are just way smaller than the large for some reason.

Can't say how good these tas will be under weight, so I'm going to be wearing this thing for awhile to see.

Tabs are larger than what it looks like in the photos.

It feels thicker in between the legs, like sitting on a small pillow.

The slef diapering experience is wow. I got it on laying down, went to the mirror and had full control of this thing. No more tape worries, and no more packing tape. It sure made it a lot easier than any diaper I've ever worn.

Anyone with less than a 32" waist I think will have more reason to complain. You have to stretch these pretty hard to get them tight. They will accommodate larger waists now.View attachment 24948

That's all for now. If the absorbency can pass 2.3 liters, Bambino will have redefined the ABDL diaper experience.

Again this is more good news...there are times when I'm day wearing that I know a nappy would last longer if I un-taped to pee but then I just can't be bothered and I wet away, sometimes it feels wasteful and sometimes - if it's a bad quality nappy - it can mean I've got to change earlier because I may leak or I'm suddenly in the danger zone coz I could leak (if thats understandable) though like I said that's only with bad quol' nappies. Stretchy sides you can still tape on would be eliminatery and fantastic! bms

- - - Updated - - -

BouncyBoy said:
Looking at the 3M site for these tabs, I don't think tabs that big exist.

Also having used one of these diapers, I don't feel that a single tab would be appropriate for fitting. Now if you just want one big tab because it's more babyish, well I don't know what to say to that. Maybe somebody will make one.

I found the flexibility of a top and bottom tab to be most useful in completing the finishing adjustments. One large tab might have a harder time fitting around your curves to get as much traction that two tabs can give. I've tried a single tape diaper and it could never compare to a two tape diaper for actually keeping the diaper on.

I could be wrong.

So many people say "I may be doing it wrong" and to a degree I may be one of them as well...you see I've tried Cuddlz (UK Two-Tapes-in-Total nappies) twice and although they feel absolutely babyish they don't work with my wearing system. I have divulged my system before on here but anyway...to save money I will wear the same nappy three nights in a row wetting on the third night and then of course disposing, I'd never be able to throw away an unused one and I'm very hygenic within this system as well...anyhoo a Cuddlz has never made 3 nights, after a few times experiencing tapes popping off during the course of night 3 - that's before going to sleep and discovery after waking up (just for reference I have all my continence's and wet while awake before nodding off!) - i've concluded that's it's never going to be three nights when I'm going through a bag on that partic' brand...finally this is regardless of wether i'm taping them wrong or not (hope I've sed that rite!), seriously they (the tapes) feel really weak on night 2! Don't think me wrong tho I'm not going to avoid them! Us lot in the UK are nothing like the US and not as lucky either...taking into consideration recent events (ask me and i'll further relate regarding this)...in the UK currently there's no other nappy like the Cuddlz. bms

Tested out Bambinos new Hybrid diaper and all I can say is....WOW! An all plastic diaper with the efficiency of a stretch panel velcro type closure. This diaper is extremely comfortable and the hybrid tabs really allow the wearer to get a custom fit and keep the diaper snug to the wearer even when wet. The plastic velcro panel is unique and is surprisingly supple and does not crinkle or crackle as the front panel does on other Bambino products. True to the advertising this is a high capacity diaper that will get you through the night and halfway through the next morning before you have to change. The cut and fit is great with no gaps....body hugging without being too tight, but big enough to still let you enjoy the feeling of being padded. Bambino is really on track with this diaper and I personally am waiting patiently until you can buy them in larger quantities.

LittleICme said:
I don't see mention of standing leak guards. These are an absolute necessity for premium diaper IMO.

The only thing that leak guards do is keep poop from leaking out. Pee just flows straight through them.

binkygirl said:
The only thing that leak guards do is keep poop from leaking out. Pee just flows straight through them.

Whaaat???? Why bother having them on pullups then? That's an erroneous judgement call. Leak guards ARE for pee, AND they do work, except when YOU FLOOD you diaper/pullup OVER the leak guard. I'm again forever amazed that the only way diaper people (adults) can pee is to flood products, then say they don't work right. Become dribblers, my diapered friends! More warming sensations, longer wearing products, and just double the fun! (IMHO)

I agree on the flooding of the diaper. It's not the way they are meant to be used. However the Adult premium diapers are usually able to handle a flooding. I also have this diaper and several others I am currently testing.

binkygirl said:

Leak guards are alway waterproof. They may look like a thin clothlike material, but they're water-repellent just like a clothlike diaper shell.

"Leak Guards" are often referred to as "Standing Leak Guards", because they stretch upward in the crotch when you are standing. If you wet, and especially if you flood, there's a good chance the urine will run to the bottom of the crotch, then go out to the sides and run right out the leg cuffs. The leak guards are there to keep the liquids there for awhile, to give the padding time to soak up, wick, and redistribute the urine, and stop it from running out the sides.

This works okay while laying on your back too. Assuming your diaper's crotch is folded into a "V", your urine is very likely to take the same path as when standing, the leak guards keeping it from going out toward the sides much. The elastic in the leak guards may even be able to form a semi waterproof seal against your skin and prevent urine frmo flowing around and out. (this isn't always too successful) Hopefully the urine doesn't sit in a pool down low in the back of the crotch before the padding manages to absorb and wick it away, otherwise you get a nasty leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back