Advice Please - Hospital Stay in a few Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went in for surgery last week. Here's what happened.

In the prep-room with the nursing staff, I was put into a gown and had to scrub my whole body down with these weird wet wipe things. They put an IV in and went over my medical history. No nurses ever mentioned my enuresis or anything during this time. I didn't bring it up either as I wasn't worried about it during surgery; but after.

At one point, a surgical nurse came in and told me: "This surgery is short so you won't have to worry about a foley or anything." I smiled and nodded. Interesting. Maybe the length of surgery has some impact on catheter use?

In any case, I went under and woke up what seemed like only moments later. I was in pain and groggy. I needed to pee. But this time, weirdly, I couldn't. For a couple hours after surgery I laid and sat in bed -- feeling in pain like my bladder was about to burst, but unable to get anything out at the toilet. Weird. After a while, all was well.

Oddly of all, the surgery didn't go as planned and in a few weeks, I have to go back to surgery. I didn't end up staying any days in the hospital but rather was sent home. I wore my diapers in my own bed for the several days following and it was a good thing. I went from not being able to pee right after surgery to feeling like I had little control, especially while sleeping.

I'll keep you updated as I see what happens next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back