Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tena, molicare super plus, and molicare air active

Default Tena, molicare super plus, and molicare air active

I have a few questions. If anyone could answer any of them, that would be much appreciated. I have looked in the wiki, but my questions are a bit more specific.

I'm trying to decide on which diaper to buy, and I have the following questions.

1)How does the Molicare-Air-Active-Super (size small) compare to the Molicare- Super-Plus, with regards to absorbency, thickness, appearance etc.

2)Why with the Super Plus does the working capacity jump from 847 to around 1400ml from small to medium size, whereas with the Air Active, the small capacitates 1065ml, and the medium has a capacity of 1335ml, a much smaller jump.

3)How does the Tena Slip Maxi compare to the Molicare brands, and why is the absorbency so much higher on the tena (2000-3000ml), with regards to absorbency, thickness, appearence etc.

4) Lastly, with a waist of 30", what size would I be best to get, being on the border of small/medium.

Or, am I being silly, and should I just fork out for the abena x pluses? (although I'm guessing you're just going to say yes)

Thanks

Butterfly Mage

I think Molicare Super+ is the best of the three. The thinner Molicare does absorb a LOT, but the tapes tend to break. I tried Tena once, and they do absorb a lot, but they can't aborb very QUICKLY, so you end up with a diaper that leaks even though it's not evenn close to being saturated.

I have used the Molicare AirActive. They suck. Very thin and waxy feel with a terrible fit. The tapes tear off easily too.

Well man, I think I can help a bit here! I've used the european Tenas (which are produced in Sweden, actually). They're fairly easy to get by around here and I can tell you, they're pretty great in certain aspects. They can hold alot, and I mean alot. But as said, they aren't so good if you soak them, they tend to take they're time when absorbing, but they hold alot if you do it slow. They are also pretty thin, which is great for descretion, the plaster isn't very crinkly either. The tapes are good also, they can refasten 1-2 times, and when they're on, they stick there good.

They're great diapers, if you can deal with the slow absorbation that is. And they swell up like freaking crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    1)How does the Molicare-Air-Active-Super (size small) compare to the Molicare- Super-Plus, with regards to absorbency, thickness, appearance etc.
    the super-plus' are a pad based absorbtion design and the air-actives are gel based. the super+ are therefore thicker and are cut in the hour-glass shape. air-actives are thinner, but thicken when damp (as the gel expands) and are simply a rectangular pad with 'breatheable' wings attached. the latter also have tapes with a stretchiness in-built; not sure if the super+ have similarly been updated since my last purchase.

. 2)Why with the Super Plus does the working capacity jump from 847 to around 1400ml from small to medium size, whereas with the Air Active, the small capacitates 1065ml, and the medium has a capacity of 1335ml, a much smaller jump.
    with the super+ being pad based, it's absorbancy is directly related to the size of the pad. gel based diapers get around that physical limitation by only increasing in size/thickness when wet.

. 3)How does the Tena Slip Maxi compare to the Molicare brands, and why is the absorbency so much higher on the tena (2000-3000ml), with regards to absorbency, thickness, appearence etc.
    the quoted capacities are a bit decpetive as it depends upon the types of testing, the interpretation of the results and any 'required' favourings as deemed by the manufacturer; and then, some manufacturers are brutally honest about the working capacities of their products. in short, when comparing brands, or even sizes and designations, the quoted capacities are only good for a rough guide and probably won't be a true reflection of real-world working capacity.
    the simplest way round this is to just get the maximum absorbancy of any brand.

. 4) Lastly, with a waist of 30", what size would I be best to get, being on the border of small/medium.
    medium. if you're getting the molicare super+, be prepared for it not to fit as high (in the waist) as some other mediums.
    you may also like to try Kendall Lille Maxi as they are as thick as the super+, a little bit bigger, seem to be more absorbant, are cheaper and much more easy to get hold of from retail outlets than mollies.

Out of them, the best one would be Tena Slip Maxi (I think). Meduim would be the best fit for you.

Why not ask for a sample of each three?

Thanks all for your help, what do others think of the Kendalls?

They are ok. A bit big to put into a bag though. Not as small or refastable as Tenas.

I would recommend the Molicare super plus in size medium, they are an awesome diaper, and I've never had one leak on me, even when I just let go and flood one.

good luck!