Possible dl reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott476

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I was most likely around 6-8 when this happened, but I remember going to a baby sitter whos both kids wet the bed. As a result they wore pull-ups to bed. I remember one night I went to the bathroom and the boy was in there and told me. I was intreged and asked to barrow one. I was able to sneek it home and wore it. I was caught that night, but remember taping it up after I was caught. Not sure if that was what led me to be a dl. The only other memory I have of that babysitter was getting a piece of mulch stuck about 6 inches in my foot. To this day I do not go barefoot to playgrounds that have mulch in them

Sounds like the root of it ☺️ I thought it started at 11 for me when my family adopted a disabled kid who was incontinent, realised it started much early at 6-8 when I used to wear the diapers my sister would put on her dolls. Weird beginnings I guess

babymt said:
I doubt this is what caused you to be a DL, but sounds like a trigger. If you weren't a DL already why would you have asked to try it?

My thought as well.

Note said:
That sounds like you're implying that being a DL is something you're born with. People do get involved with this culture and it's practices just cause.

I think it's just a case of being "pre-disposed to something". Out of a hundred people born with abdl tendencies in their head, mabye only 20 of them had a strong enough chance-encounter to trigger that response, and maybe only 1/4 of them persued it enough to realize they wanted to continue with it.

I think that's true of any desire really. Random chance gives us bias for or against a very random set of things. Our encounters in life can serve as triggers for these biases. A rise in the availability of ABDL things like diapers and adult cribs etc may lead the polls to say that this is causing an "increase in abdls", but I think they've always been there, it's just a matter of them realizing it. Some may never realize it. I don't think that means they don't count.

Researchers that study imprinting will most likely tell you that infantilism is not something you are born with, and it is not some kind of acquired taste you learned to like. It has all the characteristics of an imprinted trait.

i kinda had a similar experience once, i was at someones home and i was also 6, i found some diaper and took one. later i put it on but got caught. i think its the only time i ever been caught (and hopefully will be the only time)

Note said:
Until I see any solid evidence that confirms Infantilism is something that you're born with, I have to respectfully disagree. We're born as clean slates, personality, character, personal differences and tastes, all those traits that make us, us, but somehow, these traits are imprinted on to us at some point in life.

That sounds frighteningly similar to the line of thought used by those trying to argue for sexual orientation being a choice and not something you're born with...

I never remember NOT wanting to wear a diaper. I was stealing diapers and putting them on when I was 4 years old.

The fact is that we don't know whether it is inborn, or imprinted, or genetic, or nurture. The fact remains that for many of us, it's not a conscious choice we ever made. Inborn or imprinted doesn't matter too much to me, because the net result is the same: I'm this way, but I didn't choose it for myself.

I wore trainers or diapers to bed until I was nearly 12. Didn't mind wearing them, as I absolutely hated getting my bed wet. They were an essential tool and nothing more.

But at the same time I always enjoyed wetting my pants whenever I could get away with it, which was really only when I wore a swimsuit or shorts and played in the water. I loved playing outside and getting wet as it was a great excuse I could wet my pants and get away with it.

But somehow I didn't make the connection between diapers and fun until I was a young teenager. A girl neighbor who I used to play with, and who played wetting games with when we were in our swimsuits, remarked one day how cool it would be if we could still wear nappies so we could wet ourselves all day like we did in our swimsuits. She was the only friend who new about my earlier bed wetting and protection, and we had talked about it a lot.

But I find it amusing that as a young child I would wear a nappy to bed with no thoughts other than practicality, then go out of my way to wet my pants for fun, but never made a connection between wearing and wetting for fun until she said that.

bambinod said:
That sounds frighteningly similar to the line of thought used by those trying to argue for sexual orientation being a choice and not something you're born with...
Just wanted to clarify what was refered to by others is the old question of whether we are born with certain predispositions or a blank slate. Imo i think it's a combination of both.

Either way, the way we are or turn out to be is never a choice, and i don't think the others before me were implying that it was.

Note said:
So you found the cause of your kink... What now?

That sounds like you're implying that being a DL is something you're born with. People do get involved with this culture and it's practices just cause.

I honestly think I was born with it because I've liked diapers literally since the day I can remember.

CookieMonstah said:
I honestly think I was born with it because I've liked diapers literally since the day I can remember.
I too remember wanting to feel like a baby again, which includes wearing diapers, since basically i stopped being one at around age 3/4. But that doesn't me i was born with it. In fact we are not born wearing diapers are we? So how could that be something we are born with? Now, personality traits or some predispositions yes, maybe, it's possible.

bambinod said:

And what you're implying sounds frightening familiar to the argument of those looking for a "gay gene".

Are you born with it, did you choose it (ab/dl, gender attraction, whatever)....doesn't matter! So what if it's a choice or genetic? Does it make a difference at all? No, you are still who you are. Why are we so caught up with trying to ascertain a source? The only thing that matters is accepting people for who they are, and accepting you for who you are. At least, that's how I view the world.

Oh yeah, and to be on topic, I am pretty sure that my attraction had to do with my bedwetting all the way into my late teens and LACK of diapers (didn't find out about them until after I stopped). I discovered them soon after though (a few months), and I have been attracted to them ever since.

Fraldinhas said:
Just wanted to clarify what was refered to by others is the old question of whether we are born with certain predispositions or a blank slate. Imo i think it's a combination of both.

Either way, the way we are or turn out to be is never a choice, and i don't think the others before me were implying that it was.

I'm just saying I think it's a "born with", and "possibly reinforced by experiences"

I side with imprinting, though I find it difficult to wrap one's head around the concept. My light bulb moment happened when I was 4. I was acting like a baby, saying dah-dah over and over again. My mom kept telling me to stop, and to act like a big boy. Finally she said if I didn't stop, she would put me back in diapers and if I thought she was bluffing, she still had my diapers. That's when I realized that I really wanted to be diapered, but because we were having company that night, I said no, not wanting to be embarrassed.

I don't think the fact that she still had my diapers, nor that the combination of all those factors made me suddenly want diapers. I think that idea had already been imprinted. I was adopted at the age of two and spent some time in an adoptive agency orphanage. Who knows what things I may have experienced, being with other toddlers, some, like myself, who were probably starting potty training. My guess is that the imprinting started there, and the incident when I was 4 was the trigger. We are complex beings after all.

Llayden said:
And what you're implying sounds frightening familiar to the argument of those looking for a "gay gene".

They'll find it!

Anyway.

I lean somewhat toward the "imprinting" explanation myself, except that it still feels inadequate as an explanation for a diaper fetish. After all, when it comes to diapers, our first years of life are rather scripted. We come straight out of the womb into diapers, and are in diapers 24/7 for several years, being changed by our parents or caretakers every few hours. Either the window of opportunity to become "imprinted" with a diaper fetish is impossibly brief, needing to coincide with a rare and extremely diapery event of some kind, or else there is some additional predisposition, whether nature or nurture, in play.

But I don't know for certain, and neither do any of you, so there! :)

I have many fond memories of diapers from when I was a young child, but none of these really stand out as "triggers". Rather, they all seem to me to be mundane things that were made special to me by my already-present fascination with diapers. I can remember watching my mom diaper my sister, my friend's mom diaper his sister, and a bazillion other diaper changes, diaper ads, chance encounters with diapers and the sudden urge to put them on, etc., etc., etc.--loads of that stuff. But it's hard to see any of that stuff as causal. Sure, I was a curious kid, but I knew that diapers were for babies, and my curiosity alone wasn't going to send me down that path. There had to be something stronger.

That said, I'm willing to acknowledge the importance of "triggers" for some people. I was fortunate to have access to diapers throughout my youth. Like dogboy's parents, my parents kept all of the cloth diapers my sister and I had worn. I found them at an early age, and wore them regularly for many years--and I still have a few of them! For those who didn't have than kind of access to diapers, however, I suppose there must have been a "first time"--a moment of opportunity, made known by some observation--that would then be easily enshrined as the origin for one's diaper fetish. Although perhaps, for lack of opportunity to indulge it, the interest had truly gone dormant, and was simply awakened at the proper time? I find that more believable than the idea that seeing a child in Pull-Ups caused the desire to wear one.

But again... :shrug:

Last edited:
I'm also in the camp that this is imprinted as while there's certainly no gene that causes you to be attracted to wearing diapers, which haven't been around that long, I certainly didn't decide randomly one day "You know what? I'm going to have a diaper fetish. Yeah. That sounds fun. As of today, I choose to be an ABDL.", it seems absurd just to even type out. I was potty trained very late and was a bed wetter until I was 9, and I'm pretty certain that that played a huge role in developing this fetish. However, for all the theories I've come up with as for why I'm an ABDL, I've stopped thinking about it as I feel like it doesn't matter what the reason was for me developing a diaper fetish as knowing isn't going to help me or change how I behave about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back