Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyToddler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Free anonymous email service without phone number or secondary email verification? Is there any left? Any thoughts or advice.

Thanks. :)

Create your own email server :D

lilkayden said:

Depending on the level of anonymity you are going for, that's either a good idea or a terrible idea.

Running a mail server off your home connection:
- First off a lot of ISPs filter outgoing on port 25, which means it won't work at all.
- A lot of mail servers will reject mail coming from dynamic IP ranges/consumer ISP blocks.
- You're basically giving your home IP address to anyone you send an email to, and consumer ISPs arn't exactly known for standing up to requests for subscriber information.

Running a server off a VPS:
- If you set it up properly (and I really do mean properly, mail servers will reject mail or consider it spam unless you cross all the I's and dot all the T's..) the mail will probably get through.
- Most VPSes will want (accurate) contact information not to mention payment information, which means there is still a path back to you, but it's not as direct as phoning up your ISP.

Depending on the level of anonymity you are going for, the VPS option can work. If you want actual "stand up against a government" levels of anonyminity it becomes very tricky and honestly is best not to attempt unless you actually know what you're doing.

The death of signing up for online services without providing your real name, address, and phone number is indeed sad. The reason companies are pushing this so hard is advertising. Linking online activity to a real person that can be tracked across services is far more valuable than activity from a made up name/address. I honestly wouldn't mind so much if you didn't read about major services having their user databases stolen every other week. I have no direct objection to giving a service like patreon my contact information, but I don't because of, well, exactly what happened recently.

I've been using mail.com for years.

BabyToddler said:
Free anonymous email service without phone number or secondary email verification? Is there any left? Any thoughts or advice.

Thanks. :)

Spamgourmet comes in handy. You create custom addresses on the fly, which forward a certain number of messages to your normal mail account. It's quite a clever concept and works well.
https://www.spamgourmet.com/

Or there are disposable email services where you get a temporary address for a short time.
https://www.guerrillamail.com/
http://www.throwawaymail.com/

Or just use Yahoo/Hotmail/GMX/whatever and use fake/disposable/temporary accounts for any email verification.
http://www.gmx.co.uk/

What are you trying to achieve?

BoundCoder said:
Depending on the level of anonymity you are going for, that's either a good idea or a terrible idea.

Running a mail server off your home connection:
- First off a lot of ISPs filter outgoing on port 25, which means it won't work at all.
- A lot of mail servers will reject mail coming from dynamic IP ranges/consumer ISP blocks.
- You're basically giving your home IP address to anyone you send an email to, and consumer ISPs arn't exactly known for standing up to requests for subscriber information.

Running a server off a VPS:
- If you set it up properly (and I really do mean properly, mail servers will reject mail or consider it spam unless you cross all the I's and dot all the T's..) the mail will probably get through.
- Most VPSes will want (accurate) contact information not to mention payment information, which means there is still a path back to you, but it's not as direct as phoning up your ISP.

Depending on the level of anonymity you are going for, the VPS option can work. If you want actual "stand up against a government" levels of anonyminity it becomes very tricky and honestly is best not to attempt unless you actually know what you're doing.

The death of signing up for online services without providing your real name, address, and phone number is indeed sad. The reason companies are pushing this so hard is advertising. Linking online activity to a real person that can be tracked across services is far more valuable than activity from a made up name/address. I honestly wouldn't mind so much if you didn't read about major services having their user databases stolen every other week. I have no direct objection to giving a service like patreon my contact information, but I don't because of, well, exactly what happened recently.

I have no problem with my real name, address, and phone number.

I do have a problem with linking online activity without my knowledge. Just like you said it make me so mad that I had robocalling non stop on my smart phone.

You are right companies are pushing very hard for advertising.

- - - Updated - - -

StripesTheSkunk said:
I've been using mail.com for years.

Is it free?

- - - Updated - - -

tiny said:
Spamgourmet comes in handy. You create custom addresses on the fly, which forward a certain number of messages to your normal mail account. It's quite a clever concept and works well.
https://www.spamgourmet.com/

Or there are disposable email services where you get a temporary address for a short time.
https://www.guerrillamail.com/
http://www.throwawaymail.com/

Or just use Yahoo/Hotmail/GMX/whatever and use fake/disposable/temporary accounts for any email verification.
http://www.gmx.co.uk/

What are you trying to achieve?

My hotmail, yahoo, and smart phone with google account were all compromised.

I am looking for email that is free and little more secure without third party users.

I think I might go with guerillamail.com

What do you think about any of these emails http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2476288,00.asp are

the other ones just as good?

- - - Updated - - -

lilkayden said:

Something to look into. :chin:

Gmail is free. You don't have to give phone# or other info.

@Babytoddler: Yes, it's completely free.

BabyToddler said:
My hotmail, yahoo, and smart phone with google account were all compromised.

In what way were they compromised? Were your account passwords cracked, or did you just receive lots of spam?

If it's just spam, set up a free account with GMX, use Thunderbird for a simple, controlled, "uncluttered experience", and set up an account with Spamgourmet. Give your real friends your real (GMX) email address, and random companies an ad-hoc Spamgourmet address. You can restrict companies to only being able to email you X times (so you can sign up, verify your fake email, and never be bothered again), and since you make-up email addresses for each company, you'll know who gave away your details.

In case you're interested, here's how Spamgourmet works. You create an account with a username, and enter your email address. You never need to visit the Spamgourmet site again. From then on, you simply make up new email addresses in this format: identifier.number.username@spamgourmet.com.

So, if you found a dodgy site saying, "Enter your email address and we'll send you a free PDF", fully suspecting that they will spam you to hell, you could sign-up using [email protected]. Once three emails have been sent, all subsequent ones to that address will disappear before they reach you.

To make sure you don't accidentally re-use email addresses, I tend to put the date they were created in the identifier field. Oh, and if you enter the number as 0 (zero), you will receive an unlimited number of messages, but that's still useful as you can see which email address you created has been compromised. Also, you can log in to Spamgourmet and disable that email address.

It's hard to explain, but dead simple to use. I've been using it for probably... 15 years...? (I don't think they've changed the website in that time, which probably shows, but who cares if it works?!)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and if you want privacy (so no one but the recipient can read the message) check out PGP encryption. I don't use it myself as both parties need PGP installed (and I don't have many secrets!). But it's an interesting idea, and you can use it in Thunderbird, thus working it in to the scenario above:
http://lifehacker.com/180878/how-to-encrypt-your-email
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy

If you want something truly anonymous, you can find a few TOR services, although I doubt you need something that anonymous. If you do, look around for a service called "Sigaint"

StripesTheSkunk said:
@Babytoddler: Yes, it's completely free.

Thanks for your feed back.

- - - Updated - - -

sakuraTheBabyfur said:
If you want something truly anonymous, you can find a few TOR services, although I doubt you need something that anonymous. If you do, look around for a service called "Sigaint"

Sounds interesting thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I started off with yahoo for years. I had no problem with yahoo mail. Then I opened up Hotmail about 5 years ago. I had no problem with either accounts. But I used my yahoo as main account and Hotmail as secondary account. Again no problems. Then I got a smart phone with ATT about 3 years ago. It had google on it for search engine. But I was limited on the searches. So google ask me for an Gmail account or a sign in account. Well I did not have either. I knew that the spam would be bad on my only two emails. So I opened a Gmail account about 3 years ago and it work fine. I had full access to everything for google to work. But about 5 months ago I was ask question on my phone if I wanted to Sync all of my email accounts together. I said no and it was fine no problems. Then in August I was trying to accessed my Yahoo account. I could not get accessed to it. Then I tried to accessed my Hotmail account and was denied too. So I was a little upset. Then I went back to yahoo answered those questions and still could not accessed it. I knew something was wrong. Then I made second Hotmail account. So I took my first Hotmail and send the password to my second Hotmail account. Come to find out that my password was change after all. The password was differently cracked. So I look in there and saw lots of spam and email address I did not know. I change the password so hard I had to write it down so I won't forget. Then I send my Yahoo password and my second Hotmail account. I was shock I saw my Gmail account in my Yahoo account. Of course it was the one with the smart phone. In my yahoo account lots of spam and 100s of emails I did not even know who they are. So I change password and made it hard again. I took the smart phone back to ATT and cancel my service. Then I got a new smart phone with Metro PCS. Now I used Firefox and had no problems with it. I just setup a new email account with guerillamail.com for my smart phone. Works like a charm Thanks. As for the other emails I closed them down. I still wonder how my passwords were cracked. I will try Spamgourmet too. Thankyou! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back